Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

"
Bars wrote:
"
bluengold777 wrote:
so I'm guessing i should look for intelligence as the secondary mod for this build? I assume intelligence increases barrage's damage hence all the nodes. Also would + to physical damage be useless for this build?

Also how do i run clarity off my life again? I took a long break and came back.. do i just link a clarity with blood magic? Also is 5L and up a requirement for this build?

Intelligence doesn't do anything for Barrage. All the intelligence is just because it's on the way to get good passive nodes and you need intelligence to equip decent wands.

Any "adds x physical/elemental damage" mods on items are useless. They work only for attacks, so they will apply to Barrage, but it doesn't really deal damage in this build, it's just used to activate spells with cast on critical. Mods that increase your damage are +crit chance, +crit multi, +accuracy, +attack speed and +spell damage.

Passive nodes that increase EK's damage are "increased physical damage" (like Path of the Warrior), "increased projectile damage" and "increased spell damage". The +18% physical damage quest reward from bandits in Cruel also works. "Melee physical damage" nodes like Weapon Artistry don't work.

About Clarity: link Clarity + Blood Magic + Reduced Mana

A 5L is strongly recommended. A 4-linked Voll's Protector can be considered as a 5-link. You can make do with just a random 4-link, but that's the bare minimum and won't be very effective.

To clarify about Ethereal Knives and what increases its damage: it's a physical projectile spell (these are the 3 keywords)

ok great explanation, thanks. I'm about level 20 and i'm finding that my life and survivability is much too low, i'm assuming that once i hit about lvl 40+ and transition to coc + barrage + EK + chain + life leech?

Could i substitute chain or life leech for multi-strike, increased critical damage or other +dps skill gems?
"
bluengold777 wrote:

ok great explanation, thanks. I'm about level 20 and i'm finding that my life and survivability is much too low, i'm assuming that once i hit about lvl 40+ and transition to coc + barrage + EK + chain + life leech?

Could i substitute chain or life leech for multi-strike, increased critical damage or other +dps skill gems?

You can transition to CoC in Cruel, but I'd recommend leveling with dual strike or spectral throw and transitioning in Merciless. Check my post on the top of the previous page. Not that it's impossible, but if you opt to go for CoC in Cruel, you'll have to choose: either decent life or decent crit chance. You can't have both at that stage.

Multistrike doesn't work with barrage. Increased critical damage won't increase your damage that much if you don't nave a lot of crit chance (EK's base crit chance is 5%). In the setup you mentioned, I'd definitely replace chain with power charge on critical for damage or with summon skeletons for survivability. The nice thing is, PCoC and skeletons are both blue gems so you can swap them depending on the difficulty of the content you're doing.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 17, 2014, 5:01:48 PM
"
Bars wrote:
"
bluengold777 wrote:

You can transition to CoC in Cruel, but I'd recommend leveling with dual strike or spectral throw and transitioning in Merciless. Check my post on the top of the previous page. Not that it's impossible, but if you opt to go for CoC in Cruel, you'll have to choose: either decent life or decent crit chance. You can't have both at that stage.

Multistrike doesn't work with barrage. Increased critical damage won't increase your damage that much if you don't nave a lot of crit chance (EK's base crit chance is 5%). In the setup you mentioned, I'd definitely replace chain with power charge on critical for damage or with summon skeletons for survivability. The nice thing is, PCoC and skeletons are both blue gems so you can swap them depending on the difficulty of the content you're doing.

ok thanks a lot for the explanation, i'm assuming then faster attacks and faster projectiles will increase the dps of barrage?
k
Last edited by opposingcritter on Mar 18, 2014, 6:18:50 AM
You should really read at least the previous 2-3 pages of the thread you're writing in. Writing the same thing for the 10th times becomes old really fast.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
You should really read at least the previous 2-3 pages of the thread you're writing in. Writing the same thing for the 10th times becomes old really fast.

this is why you should've just bumped your own guide =P
"
BoswerLK wrote:

this is why you should've just bumped your own guide =P

Nah. I said clearly why I don't want to, besides, I like it better that way - a bit obscure and requiring some research to find out :P
Last edited by Bars on Mar 18, 2014, 3:59:05 AM
Considering you and 100 other people have been throwing their builds etc into this thread and people have been doing it little different but i guess asking a simple question aka does chain really add that much dps compared to getting power charges stack.

I have actually looked over all 44 pages while at work today so.....
Last edited by opposingcritter on Mar 18, 2014, 6:25:55 AM
"
Considering you and 100 other people have been throwing their builds etc into this thread and people have been doing it little different but i guess asking a simple question aka does chain really add that much dps compared to getting power charges stack.

I have actually looked over all 44 pages while at work today so.....

nope, u dont need chain. i dont use chain because i just have only a 5l chest and its still good.
...and I don't even have a 5L, so I run 2 setups with 2 barrage in 2 x 4L (chest and gloves). I first summon my Skeletons and gain a few power charges (Barrage-CoC-Skeletons-PCoC) and then I unleash the fury of EK (Barrage-CoC-EK-Life Leech).

This setup works fine, but naturally isn't as much "spray and pray" as if you had a 5- or 6L.

I'm only in low-level maps at the moment, but I'm doing fine. The only pain in my game are some of those new corrupted areas and bosses. They seem a tad unbalanced now, or maybe it's because I'm a bit of a glass cannon at just over 2000 HP. Once I get a better chest and a few more levels I think I'll sit around 3000 HP at least.

I used chain while leveling, but it works just fine without it, plus I can't fit it in.

A question I could ask myself, though, is what I would do if I get a 5- or 6-Link?
Would I then add in PCoC and Chain, and continue with my skellies as a backup meat wall?
Or would I add PCoC and Skellies and then do something else with my now free-to-use 4-link?

Anybody else have any experiences and thoughts about this? Does anybody else play with 2 Barrage like me?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info