0.10.0 patch notes, balance explanations and how microtransactions work

I'm anxious to see the options to rename and color Stash tabs.

I'll be honest: I have 50 Stash Tabs. .-.
My intention was to have them all colored and named, but now I'm kinda worried that it won't be viable (too expensive) if I have to buy color/rename 1 at a time.

It would be really great to have a more expensive option to buy the ability to rename/color ALL your stash tabs for players like me (digital pack rats).
>> Allow Home and End keys to quickly travel through the Stash!!!
Last edited by markus7 on Jan 22, 2013, 9:51:57 PM
Do you have any idea on what sort of packs you will be 'selling' for points?
"
Abattoir wrote:
"
Drakx wrote:
I hope you consider adding alpha access as a feature to future packs.

I would not mind using money over points for this.

While it would be a very tempting proposal that I'm sure many would love to purchase, Alpha access is something that can't really be "bought".

There is a very certain type of player that GGG chooses for Alpha, all of whom must be well trusted to adhere to the NDA. Buying one's way into Alpha doesn't make them trustworthy, unfortunately.

Not having Alpha access feels very disadvantageous if you are a very competitive player. Not being able to test or know about future game changes while some players do, puts you at an insurmountable disadvantage. It's an incredibly frustrating feeling of helplessness in an otherwise very ladder and competitive game.
Thanks GGG.. And good luck tomorrow!
If there is a Hell! I'll see you there!
How much are these cosmetic effects going to cost? As I only have 100 points.
Can't wait to play it :<
http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh637/MonicaTheRabbit/Angel_zps456650ce.png
"
markus7 wrote:
I'm anxious to see the options to rename and color Stash tabs.

I'll be honest: I have 50 Stash Tabs. .-.
My intention was to have them all colored and named, but now I'm kinda worried that it won't be viable (too expensive) if I have to buy color/rename 1 at a time.

It would be really great to have a more expensive option to buy the ability to rename/color ALL your stash tabs for players like me (digital pack rats).

i saw this show about hoarders on tv and the next day i opened up torchlight 2 and sold everything in my stash to the vendor.
IGN- Isiander
Limited do 1 micro-transaction tab... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Mine full of kiwis!!!
"Bullshit, you get the game for free." - Qarl 2014
"The 5x Diamond Supporter"
"
Koshinator wrote:
"
Xendran wrote:
"
It's not reusable because then the prices would have to be ten times higher.

So then add a reuseable version in the shop for 10x the price of the normal one.

^This x100

Especially in a game like this, having a reusable cosmetic would be worth paying the extra money for, as (especially in the early game) gear is replaced at a fairly fast rate as you find new and better pieces for your build.

Having low cost one-time effects and higher cost permanent effects would be the best of both worlds.

Agreed, I'm not a big fan of the non reusable thing, and really hope they put a one time buy/reusable option in the store. Other than that can't wait for tomorrow been holding off playing for a few months now.

"
Drakx wrote:
Not having Alpha access feels very disadvantageous if you are a very competitive player. Not being able to test or know about future game changes while some players do, puts you at an insurmountable disadvantage. It's an incredibly frustrating feeling of helplessness in an otherwise very ladder and competitive game.

A valid argument, no doubt about it.

Consider this though... let's say GGG releases new content twice a year, hypothetically speaking. The Alpha testers do their thing, know the content inside and out, and then the content is released to the public. My guess is that they would only have a slight advantage for that first race (and only twice a year at the most using our hypothetical example). It won't take players long to pick up the new content to finally level the playing field.

One suggestion might be no races for one week after major content upgrades, thus giving everyone the chance to get their feet wet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info