0.10.0 patch notes, balance explanations and how microtransactions work

Yes, GGG is pretty much the best gaming company I know and I will be happy to donate at least 50€ in the near future!
Guess this was already posted before in this thread, but anyways:
Need videos of "buyable pants-effects".
"
velrac wrote:
"
deathmongoose wrote:
Little survivor kid that follows you around and hugs your leg when in town. Wouldn't that be sweet?

I'd rather have a dead baby that gets dragged behind my witch summoner

+1
My little tribute to Diablo 1 aka why Diablo 3 is the worst part of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2ejhudUlU

ig: Witchfire_The_Unholy
"
Chris wrote:

We're not selling kiwis again. We even made another colour that we can't sell.

Sell it as a cosmetic option for people with existing kiwis.
"
Chris wrote:
UPDATE: Due to extensive feedback in this thread, we have changed the implementation so that effects can be reclaimed at no cost. Microtransaction effects can be freely moved between items. This will affect their initial pricing somewhat, but we'll investigate adding cheaper one-use "demo" versions of them in the near future.

I kinda hope Chris didn't do this, they lose profits to support the game by doing so.
But I guess it's also for the best, glad GGG listened to their players though, proud of you GGG.
"

I kinda hope Chris didn't do this, they lose profits to support the game by doing so.
But I guess it's also for the best, glad GGG listened to their players though, proud of you GGG.

It's hard to say what will get them more money in either the short or long run. If more people are satisfied, then maybe more people will be putting in money. That said, PoE will probably want to be able to sell some things which aren't one time purchases. Without boosters etc. it's hard to imagine exactly where those repeatably purchases will fall (of course, stash tabs are semi-repeatable, since many players will occasionally up their limit).

"
Chris wrote:
UPDATE: Due to extensive feedback in this thread, we have changed the implementation so that effects can be reclaimed at no cost. Microtransaction effects can be freely moved between items. This will affect their initial pricing somewhat, but we'll investigate adding cheaper one-use "demo" versions of them in the near future.

This...

I just had to upgrade my bronze to Silver after seeing this. GGG has some AMAZING customer support and feedback implementation. You guys kick ass!
"
"
Chris wrote:

I have a feeling with this they'll make more profit. The previous way it was to be implemented would have characters waiting until they're at the very end-game to buy and apply a cosmetic effect, as it would be lost if they upgraded gear. Now, people will go out and buy those effects for their level 1 characters so they can implement them on ALL of their gear, right up through to the endgame levels.
Can we have a Cassowary pet?
IGN: Jingrock
I have to say this is win: "You can reclaim effects for free (putting them back in your microtransaction stash) by clicking the "Reclaim" button in your microtransaction stash." I'e seen lots of other games where you can buy cosmetic effects and add them to items, but PoE is the first game where I seen where you can actually ya know, get it back to reuse it on another item. I'm a sucker for gore, I find it halarious when enemys explode into parts an such, so if there is an extra gore effect, that is one I am defentally intersted in. Ahh the good days of Unreal tournament, use to love gibbing people with the rocket launcher or the shockrifle secondary detonated by the primary shot. Good times hahaha.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info