0.10.0 patch notes, balance explanations and how microtransactions work

"
DarthNorris wrote:
"
"
Chris wrote:
UPDATE: Due to extensive feedback in this thread, we have changed the implementation so that effects can be reclaimed at no cost. Microtransaction effects can be freely moved between items. This will affect their initial pricing somewhat, but we'll investigate adding cheaper one-use "demo" versions of them in the near future.

I kinda hope Chris didn't do this, they lose profits to support the game by doing so.
But I guess it's also for the best, glad GGG listened to their players though, proud of you GGG.

I have a feeling with this they'll make more profit. The previous way it was to be implemented would have characters waiting until they're at the very end-game to buy and apply a cosmetic effect, as it would be lost if they upgraded gear. Now, people will go out and buy those effects for their level 1 characters so they can implement them on ALL of their gear, right up through to the endgame levels.

Not to mention with the free reclaim, I can actually use cosmetics on HC (which is all I ever play) without fear of having to pay extra whenever I die to reclaim the effect from my now-softcore items.
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
"Holding the line, on sixteen to one!"
By the way:

If I can get chaos resistance now, let's say I get 40%. This means I can use BR for 60% of it's cost in terms of chaos dmg.

So.... What is the benefit for CI again? Since you said to be able to use BR, but I can do that for free already by using LL gem and/or pots+chaos resistance.

Since Diamond Flasks are also out of the picture, those no longer benefit taking CI either.

Last edited by SL4Y3R on Jan 23, 2013, 1:29:26 PM
2 and a half more hours!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait for the shop to be updated so we can actually see all of the initial changes/particle effects and "thing" we can get.
"
UPDATE: Due to extensive feedback in this thread, we have changed the implementation so that effects can be reclaimed at no cost. Microtransaction effects can be freely moved between items. This will affect their initial pricing somewhat, but we'll investigate adding cheaper one-use "demo" versions of them in the near future.

My respect for GGG has reached cosmic levels. You guys are awesome.
Grant us eyes.
Hue Hue Hue
do i see it right ?
all new player get 6 tabs for 150 and supporter have pay 180 ?
this is a joke or ?
Can you use/trade the same Weapon Effect among your own characters (using the Stash)?

EDIT: Ticha I agree with you... I have a total of 50 Stash Tabs and it means I lost ~270 GGG points for having been too loyal, too soon. Oh well.
>> Allow Home and End keys to quickly travel through the Stash!!!
Last edited by markus7 on Jan 23, 2013, 2:57:40 PM
"
Ticha wrote:
do i see it right ?
all new player get 6 tabs for 150 and supporter have pay 180 ?
this is a joke or ?

I saw this as well.....
wait for downloaded, so long :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info