[1.3.0]PewPewPews official Starter-Friendly Incinerate Build | Stronger than ever!

Rather well. I personally prefer to remove the LW from CwDT, just to make sure I won't get teleported all across the map while my team is still at the beginning of the map. But the sustain is still there, just like the damage.

Since we don't have burst damage, we won't be a bother to cullers as well.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Thank you for your quick reply. I was only using 3 gems until lvl 61, mana/life leech and incinerate and I was really struggling, so I decided to get some decent equips and make them all 4L and then put the rest of the gems in. LW really raised up my survivability by a lot. I'm thinking about getting a 2nd aura and postpone using the AA for now until my mana regen gets bigger. Realy enjoying the build for now!
Sorry for DP, but I could use some good advice, if possible.

I'm at lvl 68 now:

2.4k HP
2.6k mana
1.3k def with molten shell
711 DPS incinerate

fire 80% (144 %)
cold 80 % (124 %)
lightning 80% (160 %)

gear:
Spoiler

tree:
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAuMFLQVbB2MHpQhnC2EYPBmFGlUabB8CIWAkqicvKPosnC0fNZI2xTboNulAoEGHRKtFnUbXSRtJslWuVytYr13GXz9gS2BtYSFko2vbbRlzU3TtdPF4DXloeqp6731Tgh6Cx4TvhTKHZYjxi4yPRo-mkzqa4Jwtna6krKcIqW6vt7UEtfK2hrc-uJO8n70nwQTB89gk2wvd8-Fz42rjn-Qi6-7tIO8O8i_56P4K

Could you give me an advice on what to upgrade and what nodes to go for to raise my DPS and def?
You are heavily overcapped on res, which is nice, but in return, you lack high life on a lot of your gear(head, amul, gloves, ring.. I would start with that, prioritize life over resistances, as long as you are overcapped. If you feel you are lacking, damage, it should be fairly easy to get an upgrade for your weapon as well(checked poe, found a wand with 70% total fire damage/15 Cast speed for 10c)

As for the tree, there is a one point miracle you forgot: the 12/12 life mana node near the witch tree(you are 1 point away from it). Other than that, Purity of flesh, which you were going to, is a nice pick up, as well.

As for now, I'd recommend working on your gear :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
"

As for the tree, there is a one point miracle you forgot: the 12/12 life mana node near the witch tree(you are 1 point away from it).

I am probably blind or dumb, but I can't seem to find that 12/12 node. Where exactly is it?

EDIT: Nvm, found it :). Btw, what aura do you recommend besides Clarity?
Last edited by anvilgod on Jul 28, 2014, 4:12:16 PM
I personally run Purity of Lightning, but only during bosses like Shock and horror, Dominus, Piety etc. But that's just what I personally prefer. You want to have your mana pool unreserved, so you can take more damage, without getting to low mana :)
I am a nice guy.
Hey, just a quick question in regards to CWDT-FW-EC-SE

Frost wall doesn't appear to cast a second time? The spell echo I have linked on it is level 7, with a level requirement of 43, but as it's a support it shouldn't affect the CwDT level requirement right?

Am I missing something on this?

Also side note, haven't seen this is the thread, have you considered using doryani's invitation as the belt, or is life the better option?

I know this build is meant to be cheap, but I'd love to upgrade if I can :P

On that note, would you recommend empower as one of the supports for incinerate if you can afford it?
"
Maginum wrote:
Hey, just a quick question in regards to CWDT-FW-EC-SE

Frost wall doesn't appear to cast a second time? The spell echo I have linked on it is level 7, with a level requirement of 43, but as it's a support it shouldn't affect the CwDT level requirement right?

Spell Echo only affects self-cast spells, not triggered spells (CoC, CwDT etc).

From https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/959526
"
Added a new Intelligence Support Gem - Spell Echo: Supported spells repeat an additional time. This only works for spells manually cast by the caster or by a spell-casting spectre.
Last edited by Norky on Jul 29, 2014, 7:03:13 AM
Got 2 more questions:

1. Does projectile speed increase incinerate dps? If yes, would a 20q incinerate gem be a significant upgrade?

2. What's the difference between corrupted and normal incinerate gem?
"
anvilgod wrote:
1. Does projectile speed increase incinerate dps? If yes, would a 20q incinerate gem be a significant upgrade?

It wont directly increase DPS, no, it wont make any difference to the tooltip DPS. It will, however, increase the range of the flames, so allowing you to hit mobs further away and increasing the coverage of the 'cone' - in practice hitting more mobs and killing a group of mobs quicker. 20% quality incinerate will have 40% Increased projectile speed (range), giving a 0.4^2*2*pi increased area (approximately double the area), sorta.

Conversely a quality GMP will increase cast speed and so will increase tooltip DPS.

"
anvilgod wrote:
2. What's the difference between corrupted and normal incinerate gem?

Corrupting a gem can, if you are lucky, add a level to it, even beyond the normal maximum of 20, so you can get a L21 gem (L22 with the bonus from the mantle); it can also increase quality, possibly taking a 20% gem to 23%. However these results are not guaranteed - using a vaal orb can do nothing or make an item worse, so I wouldn't advise it until you have maxed everything else first and can afford to possibly 'brick' a 20/20 incinerate. TL;DR: forget about corrupting gems for now.
Last edited by Norky on Jul 29, 2014, 9:53:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info