[1.3.0]PewPewPews official Starter-Friendly Incinerate Build | Stronger than ever!

I have a question about gear in this build

The base stat should be Armor? Armor/ES ?

i had a lvl 70 marauder many months ago at open beta, which really sucked, made many mistakes gearing.

i returned some days ago and I dont want to make bad choices, since my recources are not rich. i basically start all over

I'm thinking about rolling up a new character and am having a bit of a hard time deciding between builds. What are the pros and cons of this build vs. other incinerate tank builds (such as http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/556177 or http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/704063? What about vs. another powerful scion build like elemental buzzsaw (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/690708?

I need to be careful with this decision because as a fairly new player my resources are limited. All of these builds have at least one expensive (at least for me) component -- with this build it's the Infernal Mantle (getting the right colors to 4 or 5 link is proving to be expensive. You may be able to get a crap mantle for 1c, but people seem to be asking for several exalted for 5L). Each of the other builds I linked have a similarly expensive piece. As far as I can tell the overall cost for each of these builds is probably relatively similar.

Any suggestions?
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
@Holocaustus: Armor/ES or full ES... Well I know Armor/ES is working great for me, even though I only get 13% armor(38% with granite). But there are quite many CwDTs that need multiple offcolors if you'd go full ES. Going Arm/ES on most gear makes it a little bit easier to color the rest(so you can focus everything on your mantle :x). I wouldn't advice against going pure ES, you might have a tougher time against physical spellcasters(weaver for example), but it might still work amazing.

@Synteximus: sorry to hear. Puncture can be a pain, even though I am surprised you died to it: it deals more damage if you move. But if you are standing still, of using lightning warp, you shouldn't get more damage from the bleeding stacks. The only real bleeding that I am afraid of is the corrupting Blood bleed stacks(Dominus casts them on you as well). Just prepare a few flasks that remove bleeding, and it shouldn't happen again.

@sirsadi: Armor/ES, or ES. Full armor won't work too well unless you get a lot of mana and mana regen from your gear(not recommended). Just take a look at my gear, and try to get similar(or better)stats. You should be fine :)
If you really have some problems later on, pop a message, or pm me ingame, I can always see how you could get some easy improvements.

@swarmofseals: Hard to say, since I haven't done any of those. But I will give it a try.
Most other incinerate build tanks rely on block, since they are standing still and tank damage. They are most likely tankier then this build(not sure how they scale up with HP though, I feel this build has the most HP of all of the incinerate builds out there).
Also, neither of them use CwDT + LW. Something that makes this build rather unique.
On top of that, even though those builds are still cheap, this build is even cheaper, since it doesn't need the rathpith(1 - 2ex I believe), and use Saffells(10 - 20 chaos). Even though the difference is small.
Unlike other incinerate builds, we can use any one handed weapon we want allowing us to get other mods then spell damage and cast speed, like proj speed or mana regen. Though their cybils paw will deal 90 spell damage and 12 cast speed, which is hard to beat with a normal rare weapon.
As for the elemental buzzsaw build. I'd say, see what you like best. I really can't comment on this since it's completely different. I personally feel this build feels more fun to play, but the buzzsaw is saver, but those are just conjecture based on what I see :)

I would recommend going with your guts. These all feel like very solid builds. Watch the video's, talk with people who did the builds, and start a char based on that :)

Edit: hmm... This build is definatly cheaper then the other builds, as I see that a 5L is a must for some of those. We get by with just a 4link, with the downside that we need at least three off colors on our mantle. Something you could take into consideration :)

Edit2: If you 5/6Socket the infernal mantle, get it to 4 link with 2 greens, one red, rest blue, it will still work wonders. Something that doesn't need too much RNG(6 socketing will be the hardest part, getting 3 off colors on 6 is manageable).
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Last edited by Appels_Zijn_Gezond on Jan 14, 2014, 1:11:35 PM
@Appels_Zijn_Gezond thank very much for the info !

When i hit lvl 58-60 i would love if u gave a look at my gear.

I possibly link it here (i dont want to harass you in game :) )
"

@swarmofseals:

Edit2: If you 5/6Socket the infernal mantle, get it to 4 link with 2 greens, one red, rest blue, it will still work wonders. Something that doesn't need too much RNG(6 socketing will be the hardest part, getting 3 off colors on 6 is manageable).

Thanks for the reply!

That's an interesting idea. I wish I had a better sense of how many fusings it takes to 4 or 5 link something in the correct way, as there are plenty of 5-6 socket mantles some of which even have the right colors already. Fusings aren't exactly cheap, at least for me... and people are starting to ask like 5-10ex for a 5L mantle of the correct colors. I haven't been able to find any 4L with the correct colors, so I can't speak to the price of those.
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
Last edited by swarmofseals on Jan 14, 2014, 2:13:29 PM
Is there a specific reason you aren't running grace with IR? You are 4 points from it and it seems you can easily afford the mana reserve for one more aura.
@sirsadi: I wouldn't mind either way. I'm playing quite casually nowadays anyways, leveling low level chars to see if another one of my idea's end up in something amazing :D
(Note: Crit Burning BA failed, dual totem flameblast is boring, Viperstrike/firetrap/RF might be strong end game, but I can't be bothered to level it right now(slow and weak), next project involves Nycta's lantern :D)

@swarmofseals: Honestly I would try it yourself, get a 6S4L mantle(shouldn't be too expensive right?)with any colors, and just chrome them :)

@NikkeTee: Few things actually.
- The most important reason is the IM. If we run grace, we will be set on low mana all the time, leaving us a bit more vulnerable against spell damage(quite an issue against some map bosses and physical damage casters like the weaver or undying evangelists)
- We need a decent mana pool so MoM has some mana to use. I don't want less then 2K available mana.
- Honestly, I find IR is overhyped(even though it's very fitting in this build), and besides that it's getting a nerf soon(or so I heard), I also want to show people you can easily do without.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Didn't realise it's gonna set off the low mana treshold. Makes sense why you aren't running third aura ofc.
If you find that you have enough mana regen without running Discipline, you could probably swap that with Grace and pick up IR.
Appels, have you considered skipping Faster Projectiles and pushing for a 20q Incinerate gem? With this configuration, you can fit Incinerate + GMP + LL + ML + Added Chaos Damage into the 5L with only a small sacrifice in range.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info