[Nemesis] Nyx's Incinerate Tank

Hey all, figured I'd share my Incinerate build that I've been using to reach level 87 in the new Nemesis League.

The build sports:
234% increase Max Life
75% Block Chance
75% Spell Block Chance
Static Blows
Mind Over Matter
Unwavering Stance
Arctic Armour

Edit: Due to the changes made in Sacrifice of the Vaal, parts of this guide have become outdated. The build has been updated, but I have moved on to other builds and won't be able to give much advice on the new expansion, so proceed with caution, and don't be afraid to make changes.

Pros,_Cons

Pros:
-High base damage
-Scales well with gem levels
-Requires very little damage support from the tree
-Hits very quickly

Cons:
-Requires you to stand in place
-High mana cost

Unique_Items

The build uses Cybil's Paw, because the life gain allows us to skip the use of a life leech gem.

I also use Rathpith Globe and Stone of Lazwar, because the 30% base block of Rathpith combined with our tree and tempest shield puts us at max block. The two also put us at max spell block (regardless of the roll on Rathpith).

I don't use The Anvil, because the reduced cast speed causes us to gain less life from Cybil's paw, ultimately reducing our survivability. It also requires we have a perfect Rathpith and a perfect Rainbowstride to achieve max spellblock, which let's be honest, isn't happening.

Gems_and_Links

I link Incinerate with LMP, Faster Projectiles, Fire Penetration, and Faster Casting. The more quality you get on these gems the better, as more cast speed is always nice, and projectile speed makes Incinerate hit half the screen.

I run Tempest Shield linked with Elemental Proliferation, because I'm running Static Blows. When an enemy shocks itself, everything in the pack melts, even bosses if you manage to proliferate over them. Because you don't really have room to run another aura, the added cost isn't too much of a problem.

I also run a Haste Aura, and Clarity on top of it. Clarity is required, and the damage and survival boost from Haste is just too good to give up.

I choose not to use GMP because the spread of the ability is too large for my liking.

The runner up gem, should you get a six link, or if you don't like Faster Projectiles, would probably be Iron Will, as it adds a ton of damage

Gearing

Gearing is pretty simple, you require about 80% mana regen from gear (read: rings), and about 800 Energy Shield to be able to support Arctic Armmour. Otherwise, the important stat to look for is Chaos Resist, as it's one of the few things that you will actually feel through Arctic Armour.

These numbers are slightly higher than what you actually need, but are good benchmarks to shoot for.

You also need Dexterity on every piece of gear you can find it on, because this tree has very few dex nodes to take.

My_Gear

Video

Skip to 6:10 for the double Museum Boss kill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kMDUAkiivo

I hate people who ignore consent.
Last edited by Lilysol on Mar 7, 2014, 9:32:55 AM
This build is amazing and should be a lot more popular! Thank you for the guide!

I'm currently 56 and am loving it. I've been able to facetank nearly everything and packs of mobs get completely destroyed! It's really cheap too! All I had to buy was Cybil's Paw to start it off!

I'm having trouble finding good rings but other than that everything is great!

I absolutely love fire builds and this one is by far my favorite. I've been playing Path for well over a year now and this will be my first character that I get with to maps! Thanks so much for sharing this!

Do you have any advice what type of nodes should be gotten from the tree first? HP/Block/etc.
I personally got Unwavering Stance first then rushed EB. Started filling out some HP and block nodes here and there after that, I'd like to know if there's one particular stat I should focus on before my levels get too slow. Here's what my current tree looks like. I'm on softcore btw.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAP0B5wVbCGcM9xRNFLAXUBg8GYUabB0UJKooxTGeNZI26DbpOuE8LUGHRtdMLUw1WK9dxl8qYG10VXgNfM6CHoM4hymI8YuMj0aTOpuhnYCfy6IAplepbqxZrJivbLUEtfK3Pr0nxYrGrs9l0NDbC93z4XPjauQi52Pp1evk7SDwH_JF87731_no-tL-Cg==

Again thanks so much!
10/10 would build again XD
Bandit rewards?
So i've been looking at this build and it seems like it takes along time for it to get going..

Like, you'd have to hit at least 85 before the build comes into play and gets good? It seems like before then your damage and survivablity would suffer alot.

Could you provide some insight on what it's like pre-80?

Is the DPS alright or does it suffer? It seems like the tankiness is brilliant but I'm scared that if I create this build my DPS will be worse unless I'm like level 90.

Regards,

Oli.
Level 44 Cruel Incinerate Tank reporting in. I can confirm that Cybil's is great for this build. Because Rathpith is at least 2 Exalt and a level 68 Shield I'm using:

Crest of Perandus amazing for this build. The extra block boosts the spell power without devoting too many nodes into Block, allowing you to focus on beelining to Unwavering then Eldritch Battery without missing too many life nodes on the way. I should reach Eldritch by level 52 at most but I'm also not wanting for life as I have 2k HP in Cruel.

I'm leveling Discipline because the added boost to my ES should give me a great deal of mana. I may drop it later for Haste but I have laughable low Dex and am probably not going to find more anytime soon. Hopefully, I can grind to MoM in Merc. Fellshrine.
This build is pretty awsome!!! Its cheap to gear but super tanky and fun!
Interesting build indeed! Just curious, what is your tooltip dps? Considering testing all kinds of variations on incinerate builds and wanted to compare with the pewpewpew build Im currently running. Tooltip dps with GMP is 1500 atm (5L with lifeleech and mana leech). Of course your damage with LMP etc will be different, but i can change items around to what you are linking for comparison.

Interesting to hear your dps with minimal dps nodes.
Would like to know what bandits you killed/kept alive would appreciate the help.
How about to stop copying other's builds or give at least any credit shots?
I am a Mirror, I do not exist.
I had to stop using this build once I got to Act 3 Cruel. Boiling Blood hard-counters Incinerate and my alternatives aren't that great. If anyone has any insight on how to not take massive damage please let me know.
Last edited by Darksunne on Jan 19, 2014, 5:45:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info