[Nemesis] Nyx's Incinerate Tank

"
Darksunne wrote:
I had to stop using this build once I got to Act 3 Cruel. Boiling Blood hard-counters Incinerate and my alternatives aren't that great. If anyone has any insight on how to not take massive damage please let me know.

Are you using cybils? Corrupting blood should be child's play as long as you're hitting things.
"
Darksunne wrote:
I had to stop using this build once I got to Act 3 Cruel. Boiling Blood hard-counters Incinerate and my alternatives aren't that great. If anyone has any insight on how to not take massive damage please let me know.

Also, you should have removing bleeding flasks on you. Once you have about 10~ stacks, remove the bleeding stacks and repeat until the mob is dead.
Hi,

Could you tell us about your death or near death experience with this build?
You don't seem to have a lot of armor and I don't realize how many HP you've got.
But some map bosses using leap slam for instance or whirlwind (or 2 boss using each one of those if you see the map I'm talking about...).

Thanks =)
I started this build last night, I'm level 41 and solo'd oak when he was 4 levels above me. This is a pretty fun build so far. My gear is absolute crap and I haven't taken any block nodes yet but so far, this is one hell of a fun time.
Currentlv lvl 63 with this build, lvled as Spectral Throw until lvl 37, bought cybrils and then started casting. Rolled through cruel without using a single HP pot, true story. Never had such an easy time lvling. Now I'm almost done with act3 merci, haven't gone bellow 60% hp more than twice. Build just seems really insane. I went for all the hp/block nodes first and am now working my way to Eldrich since I got my Rathpith Globe.
What I used though to lvl up besides incinerate is Flame Totem linked with Greater Multiple Projectiles. This is an old favorite of mine from back in closed beta. What I found is that the Totem heals itself. I figured it has to be the life on hit from Cybrils Paw (not sure how that works). Anyhow, this took care of all the rare mobbs and bosses since the totem gets really tanky due to the gained life it gets from all the 20or so projectiles it shoots every second with GMP. Awesome trick, worth trying out. Also considering to keep playing the totem but with Added Lightning also to procc static blows, but we'll see how that works out.
Build get's 10/10, most fun I had in POE since my wander!
Great work!

Might wanna add that I'm 100% selffound except for the legendarys, so yeah, it's cheap!
Last edited by Aljena on Jan 22, 2014, 4:37:36 PM
"
Aljena wrote:
Currentlv lvl 63 with this build, lvled as Spectral Throw until lvl 37, bought cybrils and then started casting. Rolled through cruel without using a single HP pot, true story. Never had such an easy time lvling. Now I'm almost done with act3 merci, haven't gone bellow 60% hp more than twice. Build just seems really insane. I went for all the hp/block nodes first and am now working my way to Eldrich since I got my Rathpith Globe.
What I used though to lvl up besides incinerate is Flame Totem linked with Greater Multiple Projectiles. This is an old favorite of mine from back in closed beta. What I found is that the Totem heals itself. I figured it has to be the life on hit from Cybrils Paw (not sure how that works). Anyhow, this took care of all the rare mobbs and bosses since the totem gets really tanky due to the gained life it gets from all the 20or so projectiles it shoots every second with GMP. Awesome trick, worth trying out. Also considering to keep playing the totem but with Added Lightning also to procc static blows, but we'll see how that works out.
Great work!

Might wanna add that I'm 100% selffound except for the legendarys, so yeah, it's cheap!

I've had a very similar experience to this thus far. I'm currently 62, and about to head to Piety in Merciless. The main difference is that I didn't manage to get a Cybil's until about level 54, and I leveled a Facebreaker/IB up until the late 40s, mostly out of habit. I just ran a self-found wand with +mana and mana regen up to getting the Cybil's (from about 48-54), and it worked well enough. If I'd have known the kill speed was going to be like this, I'd have just gone to Incinerate as soon as possible.

Hell, I might run this build up again at some point, but switch to Incinerate much earlier than I did this time. It's proving to be quite powerful, even lacking a 5L at the current time, just because I am a poor. Running Inc+LMP+Fast Cast+Fire Pen until I can get another link. The shorter range from not having faster projectiles linked isn't bothering me too much just yet, but that could be because I have a Q13 Incinerate, so I'm getting a little extra range from that.

"
Would like to know what bandits you killed/kept alive would appreciate the help.

Obviously, I'm not the OP, but I went with Oak in normal, kill all in cruel and merciless. About the only reason I could think of to do it any other way would be if perhaps you want another endurance charge for CDWT Enduring Cry, but even that seems of questionable value to me, when compared to an extra passive, especially when you are looking at a build that has this much stretch to it.
Last edited by Gallowmere1984 on Jan 23, 2014, 6:16:22 PM
what about useing a Cloak of Defiance Lacquered Garb as armour so u dont need to geth minder over matter
"
what about useing a Cloak of Defiance Lacquered Garb as armour so u dont need to geth minder over matter

MoM is really only about four points away from some core parts of the build. Most of those points also go through dex nodes (which are the only ones you get in the build), so I would say that using a subpar armor like Cloak in lieu of a strong rare ar/es chest just isn't worth it. This is even more true when you take into consideration that you will be taking Unwavering Stance but not Iron Reflexes, thus making all of the evasion from it completely worthless.
"
"
Aljena wrote:
Great work!

I've had a very similar experience to this thus far. I'm currently 62, and about to head to Piety in Merciless. The main difference is that I didn't manage to get a Cybil's until about level 54, and I leveled a Facebreaker/IB up until the late 40s, mostly out of habit. I just ran a self-found wand with +mana and mana regen up to getting the Cybil's (from about 48-54), and it worked well enough. If I'd have known the kill speed was going to be like this, I'd have just gone to Incinerate as soon as possible.

Hell, I might run this build up again at some point, but switch to Incinerate much earlier than I did this time. It's proving to be quite powerful, even lacking a 5L at the current time, just because I am a poor. Running Inc+LMP+Fast Cast+Fire Pen until I can get another link. The shorter range from not having faster projectiles linked isn't bothering me too much just yet, but that could be because I have a Q13 Incinerate, so I'm getting a little extra range from that.

"
Would like to know what bandits you killed/kept alive would appreciate the help.

Obviously, I'm not the OP, but I went with Oak in normal, kill all in cruel and merciless. About the only reason I could think of to do it any other way would be if perhaps you want another endurance charge for CDWT Enduring Cry, but even that seems of questionable value to me, when compared to an extra passive, especially when you are looking at a build that has this much stretch to it.

I went oak / alira / oak, the cast speed means more life leeching and the endurance charge is for my CWDT gem like you said.
My real weakness at this point is lightning thorns and corrupting blood. Any suggestions besides staunching pots and running away?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info