[1.3.0]PewPewPews official Starter-Friendly Incinerate Build | Stronger than ever!

"
Handy wrote:
To all the people being successful on Nemesis with this build:
Could you please post your build plans or explain how you changed the original build (and specifically the leveling) because I really want to play Nemesis and I feel like the original is a little bit squishy for hardcore.
I would appreciate your help :D

Well, I changed a lot of things because I see every high level player saying that you'll end up dieing to Spells in this game, so 74% spell block. Thorns won't be a problem anymore if you've high spell block. My life is still low and I'll try to get better gear (wand, boots, belt and rings) but I'm out of money right now.

Equips:

Howl = 3ex
Decent Saffell = 3ex
5l Armor = 3ex
Ammy = Cheap
Wand = Cheap (fire damage wands are CHEEEAAAAP)

You can see I'm not using mantle, I think I could use it if I keep using mana leech with Incinerate but since I'm new to mapping I don't feel like it...

Anyways, this is what I'm using right now and it's working very well. It's low HP 4100 but the Spell Block + Grace and Arctic Armor + 82% Resists make you very tank. I also need to get some quality gems (mainly chaos damage) and my next wand will need to have Faster Projectile.

Skill:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAecIZxQgFSAWbxcvGDwZhRoyHRQfAiSqJ-0oxSj6KaUqTSqNLJws6S0fLagxnjWSNsU22DboNuk64TwtPydBh0SrRZ1JG0p9SshMNU3jTipQR1FgVa5VxlXWWK9br2TnZ6BtGW6qcH14DXqqgKSCHoLHgwmHZYd2iPGPRo-mkzqXhZrgnC2fy6ZXpwinMKluqZWsWa-3sZC18rc-t9a4k70nwfPE9sauz2XQ0Ngk2wvbWd0N42rnY-vu7FXyRfO-89356PrS_MX-Cv6P
Last edited by gabrieldr on Jan 7, 2014, 7:08:31 AM
Thanks a lot, could you link the skill build you are using?
I'm level 68 and my tooltips is around 1650. I didint get unwavering stance, i never get stun enough long. i use life pot and cast incenerated as fast as possible... never died to stun, just be carefull. Rhoas died before reaching me. My next buy will be a GMP 20%.
Almost all my pieces of gears are upgradable with a few chaos.

So happy with this build.

Ps: thanks to my 6L off color chest !!!

Last edited by Jaynno on Jan 7, 2014, 2:42:02 PM
Wouldn't a quality added lightning damage be useful here, seeing as you can shock stack big mobs?
Beyond league.
Added lightning damage is a good option, especially in party play, since you will be shocking for everyone. Though, in this case, I prefer Added chaos damage over added lightning, simply because it syncs better with the build: quality chaos will also increase the converted fire damage, leading into a higher dps overal(especially since most mobs will be dead before they have a few stacks on them anyways).

I updated the guide! - added a few things, changed a few things(like the leveling tree, picked up more life nodes early on, fixed a few paths etc etc), and uploaded another vid.

Working on another build right now, so my incinerate is seeing less screen time. But I'll be playing on it from time to time. Especially since I found these gems

Yeah, Once I get some good rolls on the shrine, I will run it. And as for poorjoy's... People call it the rip map. We'll see how this build with mediocre gear will do against it ;P
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
I understand you are constantly leeching life but you have a very low armour.

Don't you die with very big hits?
"Embrace the darkness"
I did some testing with big hits not too long ago(Kole 71 with increased mods). Some of these ended up in death, but mostly because of lightning thorns + min max res, and just one time from kole himself.
While doing these runs, I had a small set of rules in mind: Don't use potions, and keep face tanking Kole - this of course, for testing purposes. I wouldn't recommend going without potions/rambostyling in such a fight ;P

http://oi40.tinypic.com/mh85r6.jpg - Strangely very easy. Without attacking, I could survive two hits from Kole.
http://oi39.tinypic.com/a9qp0w.jpg - Easy, Kole didn't bring me lower then 50% here.
http://oi41.tinypic.com/6ibd3d.jpg - This one was hard, died in the end, with Kole standing there with less then 5% life(had shock stacks on me before I died). Would have survived if I used potions(Granite and remove shock pot)
http://oi44.tinypic.com/20z1roo.jpg - Lightning thorns got me here. I think I could have killed Carnage if it didn't got that buff on him. Would have survived if I didn't rambo into the group, and kited him until his minions died.
http://oi43.tinypic.com/14ms2md.jpg - Again Lightning Thorns. And Kole. They both hurt. And again, would have survived if I didn't rambo into the group, and kited him until his minions died.
Did a few more, but didn't took a screenshot of those. Mostly since the mods on them weren't anything special(nothing to make the boss harder).

I also did The Beast of the Pits with extra attack speed/damage, Mighty Oak with increased attack speed and Loathe with increased attack speed/enfeeble/monster life, just to test my damage against physical attackers. I did just fine against them.

So yes, Physical hitters can kill me, but only if the mods are against me. If you are playing on nemesis, I would recommend against going with Vulnerability maps, or extra monster damage maps with a boss like Oak/Kole/any other hard Phitter. Yes, you will most likely survive, but there's a small chance you won't. Small.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Last edited by Appels_Zijn_Gezond on Jan 8, 2014, 8:17:06 AM
Thanks for the quick response.

In those situations, wouldn't decoy totem help?
"Embrace the darkness"
Might, but I personally found Decoy totem a nuisance, it draws the monsters away, while I personally want the monsters up close, so they can take the full 20x tooltip dps :)
Plus, when I really need something to distract the monsters, one decoy totem is not enough without any increased Hp mods. Such occasion is only occurs with lots of magic physical attackers, both melee and range. The totem will be gone before it can even taunt once.
It's better to just keep firing, and have the CwDTs do their buffing works. Those effects linger, even in the craziest of situations.

And of course, it's even better not to end up in such situation. Good judgement helps immensely ;P
I am a nice guy.
Talking about hard-hitting mobs, why do you recommend not using potions? do they stop incinerate effect?
"Embrace the darkness"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info