Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
First off, sorry for derailing the thread a bit :)

Had an awesome time dominating 78 maps, but best part of this game is selling your toon and making a new one!

Anyway selling of my gear if anyone is interested please PM me with legit offers or visit
thread: 745776 or 569196

Thanks!

Clearly you are incredibly rich. I never thought that guy would be able to sell a mirror of that foil but it is the best I have seen in standard (about equal to Mathil's). These are incredibly easy to make so I wouldn't spend 135 EX+ on one unless currency was no object.

I am sure you have played several high level builds with top end gear. How would you say this compared?
"
hunTShoo wrote:
hello there,

i recently get my hands on a few decent foils and want to show you the results with using different foils:

my original foil was, so i set this as 100%:
I

eDPS: 218
DPS: 309
aps: 2.04
buffed DPS: 5895,1

i thought i want to upgrade to a 2.13 and sacreficing some of the really awesome eDPS.

so i bought another 2 different foils:

II

eDPS: 165 (75%)
DPS: 234
aps: 2.13 (104%)
buffed DPS: 5820 (98,7)

III

eDPS: 152 (62,5%) (92% to II)
DPS: 234
aps: 2.13 (104%)
buffed DPS: 5784 (98,1%) (99,3% to II)

so the last 2 foils are simply different in there contribution of physical and elemental damage. the total dps and attack speed are exactly the same.
the 8% eDPS difference from foil II and III results in a 0,7% DPS difference after buffs.

For now i dont have any qualitiy or maxed gems, so its hard to judge how the results will scale with gem bonuses. but ST, LMP AND Faster Attack (if 6linked) tend to outscale the eDPS bonusses from anger / wrath and weapon elemental dmg-gem and so the first foil.

for Pre-endgame equip: Don't under estimate the value of eDPS.

all calculation have been done with following gems and effects:
and 106% WED from jewelers/belt.

Hey thanks for the weap comparison., if you find a weapon with WED on it i would like to know the average dps differences with this mod!!!
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
@hunTShoo

I was in a hurry when making that last post. It should have been "B" will be best with "A" and "C" nearly tied. I made the correction.

Last edited by Daarknight on Jan 7, 2014, 10:03:52 AM
I gotta ask this again it seems it got lost;p

Has anyone managed to solo Jungley Valley 72 map with that build? Other maps seem easy as hell, only had problem with Jungle Valley so far, only tried it once on this build tho.

I've got 10k dps, q20lvl20 lifeleech, 5.1k hp, maxed reses but i seemed to not leech any hp in Jungle Valley boss at all. It suddenly stopped lifeleeching with 100+ mobs around for some reason and i got flickered down. Has anyone managed to?

+ Seems like having problem with Labyrinth map lol. Have 5.1k hp, equilibrium mod on map, boss just 1hit me, wth lol?xD
Last edited by tacodisco on Jan 7, 2014, 1:38:38 PM
"
Daarknight wrote:

Clearly you are incredibly rich.... ?

Yes, either that or spending real money with certain chinese websites.
"
tacodisco wrote:
I gotta ask this again it seems it got lost;p

Has anyone managed to solo Jungley Valley 72 map with that build? Other maps seem easy as hell, only had problem with Jungle Valley so far, only tried it once on this build tho.

I've got 10k dps, q20lvl20 lifeleech, 5.1k hp, maxed reses but i seemed to not leech any hp in Jungle Valley boss at all. It suddenly stopped lifeleeching with 100+ mobs around for some reason and i got flickered down. Has anyone managed to?

+ Seems like having problem with Labyrinth map lol. Have 5.1k hp, equilibrium mod on map, boss just 1hit me, wth lol?xD

For jungle valley you pretty much have to zone in and go to a corner after spawning the boss, picking off the first few adds and trying not to get overwhelmed. There's a few trees to sit behind and control the flow of adds with. If you have -60 chaos res chances are the boss will still nearly 1 shot you.

As for Lab boss it's kindof a no hope situation. His damage is largely based on armor and as we have none it's going to hit for 5k every time making it nearly impossible to regen that much before he strikes again. You'll have to avoid it until you get even more life or team with a melee friend or find another creative way of doing it, maybe skele totem/decoy.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
@Mathil - Aight, thanks for info, will try Jungle Valley with your tactic later when i get more chaos resist.

As of Labyrinth, will just skip it, it's too retarded kind of xD.

Also i would like to know, is there any other maps i should look out for, those that can't be basically done like Labyrinth?
Last edited by tacodisco on Jan 7, 2014, 5:29:26 PM
It's pretty much just Labyrinth. It's a stupid boss that wasn't well thought out at all when made.

Every boss after that you can actually out skill and beat but that one is a straight up "do you have armor or infinity life?" check.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
First off, sorry for derailing the thread a bit :)

Had an awesome time dominating 78 maps, but best part of this game is selling your toon and making a new one!

Anyway selling of my gear if anyone is interested please PM me with legit offers or visit
thread: 745776 or 569196

Thanks!

Most importantly, how much dps were you able to achieve with that set?

"
I am sure you have played several high level builds with top end gear. How would you say this compared?

It is cheap and stable and very surviviable but it of course will not reach the damage output of crit based builds particularly crit voltaxic and crit wander.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 7, 2014, 7:11:13 PM
hi, i don't remember seeing anything about this, so :
don't you guys think a frost wall totem with increased duration and BM/FC* would be an awesome way to avoid some damage?

only teleporting/jumping mobs could get past it, and it also blocks most projectiles (well, every projectile that doesn't pierce).

off the hat, that would leave about 10 monster types that could move/fire past it (not counting uniques).

could it also be a solution for jungle map? go to a corner, pop the totem behind you, and just fire off in the distance? you'd only have the flickerers to worry about then, since the boss shouldn't be able to hit you.

*depending on the amount of mana you have left.
Last edited by blaes on Jan 7, 2014, 9:06:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info