Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

just saw this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/617572

and i thought why dont we use bloodrage^
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
just saw this:

Interesting, i have a high level ranger that is from Closed Beta and now has full respec

Now i'm guessing which one is better? The Ranger's build or Scion's build
"
Hey guys I've been working on my gear drastically, yet I'm not close to where I want to be yet.
Finally got Alpha's Howl, so I'm happy about that.
It's allowing me to run Grace/Haste/Hatred/Wrath.
Solid DPS boost, but nothing crazy.

Sitting at 4.2k - which I feel is a bit low.
I'd love some gearing advice and what I should aim for next, now that AH is out of the way.
Just hit me up any constructive criticism is welcome.
Feel free to PM in game as well, my IGN is ChaoticArchetype.
Anyways, thanks in advance!

swap gloves first for 10%+ ias.

do you already got maxed res? res seems to be fairly low, however if its capped with purity auras you are fine.
"
Ngau wrote:
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
just saw this:

Interesting, i have a high level ranger that is from Closed Beta and now has full respec

Now i'm guessing which one is better? The Ranger's build or Scion's build

Not to disrespect that ranger spec, but Mathil's tree is far superior.

1. Resists
That ranger spec has no Elemental Adaptation and no Purity of Lightning/Fire for a total of 75/75/75 resistance cap.
Meanwhile, Mathil's spec takes Elementation Adaptation and runs Purity of Lightning and Purity of Fire for a total of 84/77/84 resistance cap.

2. Reflect
The ranger spec has significantly lower ele resistance, thus taking much more reflect damage.
Additionally, it runs armor instead of acrobatics, losing out on another 30% reduction on reflect damage.
I'm also not completely sure about taking Resolute Technique in Mathil's spec either, though. It's a nice DPS boost and lets you ignore accuracy for sure, but it also means you can't evade your own reflect damage. If you can get some nice accuracy on gear and don't mind the slight DPS drop, it might be worth dropping Resolute Technique. Debatable, though, since the build doesn't suffer from huge issues with reflect either way.

3. Damage
Mathil's spec takes the Inner Force Ring, 15% attack speed leading up to Harrier, and 26% projectile damage leading up to Sentinel. The ranger's spec loses out on these in favor of 8% increased aura effect.

4. Leveling
Mathil's scion start is able to reach its planned aura nodes fairly quickly due to its positioning in the middle of the tree. If you ignore other nodes, it takes 52 points to take every single aura node in the planned spec. Meanwhile the ranger spec has to travel down the right side of the tree, all the way across the bottom, then all the way up the left side of the tree in order to reach the Sovereignty aura ring, in addition to having to progress up the right side of the tree to reach the Influence aura ring. If you ignore the other nodes, it takes 69 points to take every single aura node in the planned spec.

5. Health
Let's be frank - neither spec results in a big beefy facetanker. But the ranger spec takes up so many nodes traveling across the bottom of the tree that not very much is left over for health nodes. Count up the +10 stat travel nodes and you'll see that the ranger build takes up around 10 more nodes traveling, which chunks off your ability to take a pretty significant number of HP nodes. Overall the defense of the ranger build looks rather poor - watch his Lunaris clear videos. Even at level 81, he's taking pretty extreme damage, and I wouldn't be surprised if he dies now and then running Lunaris even at 8x.

To be fair, the ranger start has its possible advantages as well.

1. It takes Static Blows, which Mathil's build doesn't, which may provide a significant effective damage boost.
Static Blows is a debatable ring that I think might benefit this build - it's hard to say without testing. Looking at that ranger's videos...it doesn't look worth taking. I don't see any significant damage increase at all.

2. It has the capability of running 4 60% auras and 1 40% aura, while Mathil's can only run 3 60% auras and 2 40% auras. This means the ranger spec can run Grace and Haste together for a nice, balanced boost. Meanwhile, Mathil's spec can only run one of those two auras at a time. Mathil's spec runs Purity of Fire/Lightning, while the ranger spec runs Vitality, while also taking more life regeneration on the tree, allowing it to run Blood Rage much more safely than Mathil's spec.
Now, obviously the ranger spec could run Mathil's auras, but that would mean the entire trek across the bottom of the tree to grab the aura ring at the bottom-left is wasted.

That being said, I don't consider Blood Rage particularly helpful to this build. The attack speed boost is undeniably a nice increase to DPS. However, the % physical leech doesn't really help elemental spectral throw at all, and its chaos degen either nullifies or outdamages your life regen, meaning overall it's a decrease in survivability. It might be nice to run when clearing easy content for the damage boost, but I don't think it's worthwhile when running harder content. And I definitely wouldn't modify the spec that significantly just to run Blood Rage...the entire reason to run Blood Rage is to get more damage, but to actually run the ranger's spec you have to sacrifice even more damage than you'd get in return.
Last edited by Languidness on Jan 7, 2014, 3:32:11 AM
hello there,

i recently get my hands on a few decent foils and want to show you the results with using different foils:

my original foil was, so i set this as 100%:
I

eDPS: 218
DPS: 309
aps: 2.04
buffed DPS: 5895,1

i thought i want to upgrade to a 2.13 and sacreficing some of the really awesome eDPS.

so i bought another 2 different foils:

II

eDPS: 165 (75%)
DPS: 234
aps: 2.13 (104%)
buffed DPS: 5820 (98,7)

III

eDPS: 152 (62,5%) (92% to II)
buffed DPS: 5784 (98,1%) (99,3% to II)

so the last 2 foils are simply different in there contribution of physical and elemental damage. the total dps and attack speed are exactly the same.
the 8% eDPS difference from foil II and III results in a 0,7% DPS difference after buffs.

For now i dont have any qualitiy or maxed gems, so its hard to judge how the results will scale with gem bonuses. but ST, LMP AND Faster Attack (if 6linked) tend to outscale the eDPS bonusses from anger / wrath and weapon elemental dmg-gem and so the first foil.

for Pre-endgame equip: Don't under estimate the value of eDPS.

all calculation have been done with following gems and effects:
and 106% WED from jewelers/belt.
I would like to ask (maybe it was answered before) why the build does not utilize iron grip since it uses a lot of strength nodes ?

Thanks for reply
First off, sorry for derailing the thread a bit :)

Had an awesome time dominating 78 maps, but best part of this game is selling your toon and making a new one!

Anyway selling of my gear if anyone is interested please PM me with legit offers or visit
thread: 745776 or 569196

Thanks!

IGN: Aufs_TR_Mine
Last edited by Aufwiedersehen on Jan 7, 2014, 7:43:11 AM
"
hunTShoo wrote:
hello there,

i recently get my hands on a few decent foils and want to show you the results with using different foils:

my original foil was, so i set this as 100%:
I

eDPS: 218
DPS: 309
aps: 2.04
buffed DPS: 5895,1

i thought i want to upgrade to a 2.13 and sacreficing some of the really awesome eDPS.

so i bought another 2 different foils:

II

eDPS: 165 (75%)
buffed DPS: 5820 (98,7)

III

eDPS: 152 (62,5%) (92% to II)
buffed DPS: 5784 (98,1%) (99,3% to II)

so the last 2 foils are simply different in there contribution of physical and elemental damage. the total dps and attack speed are exactly the same.
the 8% eDPS difference from foil II and III results in a 0,7% DPS difference after buffs.

For now i dont have any qualitiy or maxed gems, so its hard to judge how the results will scale with gem bonuses. but ST, LMP AND Faster Attack (if 6linked) tend to outscale the eDPS bonusses from anger / wrath and weapon elemental dmg-gem and so the first foil.

for Pre-endgame equip: Don't under estimate the value of eDPS.

all calculation have been done with following gems and effects:
and 106% WED from jewelers/belt.

Hey there. I know you have been following this thread so I am sure that you have read my posts on this subject. At Mathil's level and gear, .1 attack speed is equal to about 38 average elemental damage per hit on weapon.

Weapon A - 107 average elemental per hit 2.04 aps
Weapon B - 77.5 average elemental per hit 2.13 aps
Weapon C - 71.5 average elemental per hit 2.13 aps

Considering that you are not Mathil's level, nor do you have his exact gear, I still could have told you that all 3 would have been very close with "C" probably being the worst. Forget Edps listed on Poe.xyz as that is affected by attack speed and just compare 38 average elemental damage per attack for every .1 increase in attack speed. It will be close enough to compare weapons without actually buying them.

One more thing...When you max your gems, I am very sure that "B" will be the best, "A" & "C" will almost be tied but the difference between all 3 will be less than 1% either way so basically, no difference between weapons.
Last edited by Daarknight on Jan 7, 2014, 9:59:49 AM
I saw Uber running a variation of this build in the 1-week Race that I'm really tempted to try a crit variation of.

He went for an aura Ele ST build with more of a party support spin. Took Static Blows and ran Ele Prolif on his ST, of all things. You can instant shock stack via Ele Prolif, since if two mobs next to each other get shocked, the shock from each will spread to the other, and they'll get 2 stacks instantly. Obviously lower tooltip that way, but still decent DPS. He had around 2-3k tooltip at level 80 with his shitty racing gear, but considering he instantly shockstacked everything, including bosses via prolif, his effective DPS was more like 5k, which is comparable to what's expected at 80 anyhow.
So basically he dealt slightly less damage, still gave his group several massively buffed up auras, and provided instant shock stacks on everything.

Also, because of the shock, he was able to run Berek's Grip, Two Stone Ring, which gives 5% general damage mana leech against shocked enemies, so he didn't have to run Blood Magic, freeing up a link.

I was pretty fucking impressed.
Last edited by Languidness on Jan 7, 2014, 8:31:47 AM
"
Daarknight wrote:

Hey there. I know you have been following this thread so I am sure that you have read my posts on this subject. At Mathil's level and gear, .1 attack speed is equal to about 38 average elemental damage per hit on weapon.

Weapon A - 107 average elemental per hit 2.04 aps
Weapon B - 77.5 average elemental per hit 2.13 aps
Weapon C - 71.5 average elemental per hit 2.13 aps

Considering that you are not Mathil's level, nor do you have his exact gear, I still could have told you that all 3 would have been very close with "C" probably being the worst. Forget Edps listed on Poe.xyz as that is affected by attack speed and just compare 38 average elemental damage per attack for every .1 increase in attack speed. It will be close enough to compare weapons without actually buying them.

One more thing...When you max your gems, I am very sure that "C" will be the best, "A" & "B" will almost be tied but the difference between all 3 will be less than 1% either way so basically, no difference between weapons.

hey daarknight,

thanks for the further explaination on this. i read your original calculation on this, but didnt understand it in detail first (thx to limited knowledge in the game and language skills). so picked up some weapons to get a feeling how it works out.
now with your post above, everything becomes clear.

thanks for helping out here and to make clear that ELE-ATTACKDMG is the factor to consider and not ele-dPS.

i'll keep the weapons to see if you are right about weapon C :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info