Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
Mathil wrote:

Thanks bud. I'm really not so sure about the IR version of this spec. I've been playing around on my new armor based char which follows a similar spec to this one and everything in 71-74 maps hits me so god damn hard and often that when I log back onto evasion it feels like an absolute dream.

I don't know. I think to make IR work you a) need to be really high level for lots of passives, b) run grace or determination in combo with it (thus losing quite a bit of dps) and c) have very good/expensive gear.

I think for the average joe and even most others the evasion version of this spec is the way to go. While there are a few challenges (lab boss/jungle valley boss/proximity assholes) the rest of the game feels far easier as evasion than armor.

That's my 2 cents for the evasion/armor debate.

Hey,
just gotten back from work, holidays and whatnot and continued playing this build - didn't see your answer there :)
Seems like your build has gotten very popular while I was away, also prices for ele swords have gone up a lot it seems. I bought a 2.13 APS foil with 80 eDPS yesterday, but had to pay 13c or so for it - before I left on the 23rd, I could have gotten a better one for half that - oh well :)

LVL58 A1 Merciless now, with almost 2k tooltip DPS the damage feels very OP :D Sadly my resistances suck hard and I am still only running 2 auras, lol.
I can relate how you keep saying you want more HP nodes, feels the same way for me.

Anyway, gonna farm for a bit to maybe eventually get an Alpha's Howl. This would also deal with my cold res/freezing issues lol (died 3 times on Tidal Island! Only 1 death before that... gna)

Best regards

PS: Come to think of it, there was a question that I had for you:

In order to increase survivability, would it be a good idea to take the "Reflexes" node just below Harrier? That's 3 points for a total of 50% increased evasion rating. Sounds OP to me, especially if you are on all EV gear? Then again, I'm a noob, so probably not as good as I think huh?
Last edited by therealjcool on Jan 8, 2014, 7:45:10 AM
Well. I ripped.

Level 82, died in 2 shots to Storm Herald Golem in a 71 mep through 5k HP and 82% light res. Pretty sucky.
About evasion rating nodes
the nodes increasing the items base ratio.
if you have a chest with 100er the nodes will increase this to 150.
if you have a chest with 500er the base can still be 100, so the impact of the passives is not that high (but still 50 thou):
100(base er)+100% (item affix) = 200er
+300er (item affix) = 500er total

hope my example is understandable. Tried to keep it shorz, cause im on my mobil
Last edited by hunTShoo on Jan 8, 2014, 9:03:29 AM
At level 30 I'm still unable to use Blood Magic.
Is this normal? You didn't speak about gems at all..
@Omga4000 - You need lifeleech on SpectralThrow linked, lifeleech from items applies to physical damage, most of your damages is elemental.

P.S What you guys think about Phase Acrobatics for this build? Would add some insane tanking abilities vs spells, no? I'm currently 86 and now deciding either to go 15% increased Effect of Buffs or get Phase Acrobatics, hmm...
"
tacodisco wrote:
@Omga4000 - You need lifeleech on SpectralThrow linked, lifeleech from items applies to physical damage, most of your damages is elemental.

Even if I only do around 150-200 DPS?
I'm using Life on Hit ATM.
Last edited by Omga4000 on Jan 8, 2014, 3:50:42 PM
I wonder why you didn't choose for blood magic node in this build?
because with BM node, you wouldnt be able to stack auras on mana.
I have a few questions:

-what do you think about spending 8 points just below harrier, for all this evasion nodes+path of the hunter? Lot of +evasion and also +12% projectile damage

-about increased projectile damage, lets say i have 3k dps on my spectral throw, how much +8% will give? 240 or less? cant check that right now myself
Is the Rebuke of the Vaal good for this build? I only have around 50c in the new league and obviously can't craft godly ele 1h weapons, and that unique is pretty cheap and looks pretty powerful too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info