Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
I havent tried it though, just wondering if it is possible to run wrath / anger / herald of ice and haste without alpha's

the total mana reserve for the this four is 205%. The build gives 34% from passives, so with a lvl20 Reduced mana you can do it (205*0,66*0,71 = 96%)

I wonder though has anybody tried the five auras (the above ones + Haste) all at once since the patch? I counted and while their total reserve is 245%, even with an Alpha the end result was max. 244% allowed, but maybe the game engine is more generous when rounding the numbers. Or you will need a lvl21 RedMan.

(Silly question: the Alpha's +lvl doesn't apply to the Reduced Mana, or does it?)
"
SnoogDogg wrote:
Thanks for updating us man! That is actually the way I ended up building. With the exception of Resolute Techniques, I have 80% chance to hit currently, is that 20% miss really that much? Sometimes I find myself chain freezing mobs and walking over fully shocked corpses so I have been hesitant to grab Resolute Techniques. I understand my crit rate is low (8.5%), but seeing the occasional elemental crit effects makes me really happy. What are your thoughts on this?

Also was doing Zana dailies today with a public group and we ended up with Double Dominus, I had no idea it was Double Dominus and neither did anyone else in the party. Everyone wiped in the beginning with the exception of myself and an Arc Witch, we were able to kill 6 player HP Double Dominus with just the two of us thanks to Phase Acrobatics, Evasion, and a bleed pot. Cheers mate, thanks for making this build!

Well, you're missing 20% dps that way. Your dps should take a substantial jump when you grab it. Of course it's up to you if you'd rather occasionally have a spike of damage but overall it's not worth it.

A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
halaci wrote:
"
I havent tried it though, just wondering if it is possible to run wrath / anger / herald of ice and haste without alpha's

the total mana reserve for the this four is 205%. The build gives 34% from passives, so with a lvl20 Reduced mana you can do it (205*0,66*0,71 = 96%)

I wonder though has anybody tried the five auras (the above ones + Haste) all at once since the patch? I counted and while their total reserve is 245%, even with an Alpha the end result was max. 244% allowed, but maybe the game engine is more generous when rounding the numbers. Or you will need a lvl21 RedMan.

(Silly question: the Alpha's +lvl doesn't apply to the Reduced Mana, or does it?)

5 auras That's what you're talking about doing. You need all the mana reserve nodes on the tree aside the ones below blood magic, an alphas howl and a lvl 21 reduced mana in a +1 gem item. It's pretty hard to do.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
"
That's what you're talking about doing. You need all the mana reserve nodes on the tree aside the ones below blood magic, an alphas howl and a lvl 21 reduced mana in a +1 gem item. It's pretty hard to do.

A lvl21 in a +1 gem item (effectively lvl22), or a lvl20 in a +1 gem item (effectively lvl21)? According to my calculations an effective lvl21 Reduced Mana should be enough, it gives 245*0,58*0,7 = 99,5%
"
That's what you're talking about doing. You need all the mana reserve nodes on the tree aside the ones below blood magic, an alphas howl and a lvl 21 reduced mana in a +1 gem item. It's pretty hard to do.

A lvl21 in a +1 gem item (effectively lvl22), or a lvl20 in a +1 gem item (effectively lvl21)? According to my calculations an effective lvl21 Reduced Mana should be enough, it gives 245*0,58*0,7 = 99,5%

EDIT: I see, according to the link (THX for it BTW!) the game doesn't simply add the 8% from Alpha to the nodes, resulting the initial (pre-Reduced mana) 58% reserve, but instead it take the 92% of the 100-34=66% from the passive, resulting a 61% reserve.
I'm missing something here - can someone tell me what?

I'm going for Anger/Wrath/Haste and both Purities again but can;t see how I'm going to get it:

Here's my tree at present:

Thing is, with Anger, Wrath and Haste in the Alpha's with a L20 reduced mana and just one of the Purity auras in a +1 to gem Atziri boots (again L20 reduced mana) I have about 50 mana available. I'm levelling mana gems to corrupt but can't see how L21 in the boots will let me run 2 another aura.
Thanks Mathil! I will head towards that now.
Thinking about it, the five aura all together would be almost impossible even with a +1 gem level item and with a corrupted lvl21 RedMan gem.

The "expensive" auras are the main damage sources, so those need to be in the Alpha, to get the +2 level boost. It means that one should use the lvl21 RedMan to pair them, to achieve the highest reduction.

That leaves the +1gemlevel item with probably the Herald and Purity, which together have only 65% mana reservation, so the difference what could be achieved by the bonuses would be 1% of the 65%.
Here's the video on my thoughts for what it is to Buzzsaw these days.
Thanks for the video Mathil.
Pretty enlightening as always.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info