Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

yes i did, my tree is eyactly the same he show us in his build thats why im confued...
"
Marcovx2 wrote:
I have a question:
I run atm wrath anger haste herald of ash and ice becouse when i turn herald of ash off i cant run purity of lightning or fire o.O i have alphas howl and lv20 reduce mana everywhere so what i do wrong ?

Why are you running Herald of Ash in the first place if this build doesn't do physical damage?
Last edited by borek664 on Aug 27, 2014, 2:04:44 PM
Becouse i have enugh mana to run it and i get 20 dps more XDDD ... or just becouse im bored =^.^=
With Wrath Anger Haste and Herald of Ice i have 69/462 mana reserved... i use

to buff and also i use the same skilltree.

I wanna use purity of Fire instead of Herald of Ash but i cant becouse i dont have enugh free mana :D
Last edited by Marcovx2 on Aug 27, 2014, 2:28:27 PM
I havent tried it though, just wondering if it is possible to run wrath / anger / herald of ice and haste without alpha's
Rampage IGN : Cool_Hamster
Standard IGN : Hamsterbaby
Standard IGN : HamsterMfer
Please do not hesitate to contact me in game if you have posted or offered on my items.
Regards
What do you think are the last two clusters or 5-7 passive skills that I should leave till last?
IGN - Sparky_RAMPAGE
"
chosk80 wrote:
I havent tried it though, just wondering if it is possible to run wrath / anger / herald of ice and haste without alpha's

Only if you have a Q% reduced mana. Without it, I'm pretty sure it's just shy of 100%.

Edit: Q% doesn't help - it reduces mana cost, but not reserved. I just realized.
Last edited by dxEmpathyxb on Aug 27, 2014, 4:34:23 PM
you need lvl 21 reduce mana and maybe a +1 gems but not sure about last point
"
sam_handler wrote:
"
Unspec wrote:
"
sam_handler wrote:

You want me to help? Alright then ill help to make this build viable again.
1st: Try this combo CWDT lvl 1 + Q20 IC + 20/20 Increase Duration + Enduring cry
IDK why nobody has figured this out you can get 1sec of IC every 440 damage taken without Endurance Charge and 4sec of phys immunity on 3 endurance charge now tell me if thats not enough to block a barrage of phys damage. Thats why i dropped Lightning coil.
2nd:DPS boost drop life leech and put added lightning damage change those 2 auras to purity of elements and vitality and get rejuvenation totem if thats not enough to cover the hp loss from ST use warlords mark since all source of damage can leech now. At this point im pretty sure your dps is around 15-16K.
3rd:Herald of Ice is important it Can boost your damage to 18K now with this dps as a resolute technique IDK what to say.

I feel bad that this build didn't get updated ASAP. This build is still viable and maybe stronger than before.
If you got Questions regarding this set-up feel free to ask if interested.
And still got a few cwdt combos to help increase our survivability just ask if interested. Thx

Plenty of people run that CWDT combo. The problem is, CWDT doesn't block the initial hit that triggered it, so if you get one shot, CWDT isn't going to be doing anything for you. But with Lightning Coil, it automatically mitigates any and all physical damage.

Also, CWDT isn't up 100% of the time, while Lightning Coil's physical mitigation is. So there's that too.

Getting 1 shot by phys damage? Didn't expereinced that so far. But if your saying is true im just not up to the -60% lightning resist that this armor gives. It feels like it makes you vulnerable to curses like conductivity, ele weakness and etc. so there's that too.

40% of that 60% is covered already by PoL. So long as you have the right resists on the right gear, that 60% reduction in light res is definitely worth it for the phys mitigation.
I'll probably try to have a video up of my thoughts on 1.2 and how you should go about doing Buzzsaw tonight.

The gist of it is that Buzzsaw still works and is viable. I'd run Wrath/Anger/Haste(or grace)/Herald of Ice and wear an Alphas still. My skill tree would look like this. The top right aura nodes are unnecessary to run 4 auras and are only worth taking if you have a lvl 21 reduced mana in a +1 gem item because then you can add a purity.

Being evasion based is now a really good option and Acro is worth taking in such a spec, you'll become really tanky, go up to phase acro if you want to be even tankier. Life leech may or may not be necessary, I haven't tested in really high maps but I believe you may be able to survive off of the life regen you'll now have and the buffed life flasks (wear 2).

I talk about most of this stuff in the video I'll have up. I have also updated the specs for 1.2 on the front page to how I would build them.

All that said the build is no longer 100% optimized like it once was after I played it for months and worked everything out tirelessly. There's several options, choices and variations you guys can now make based on own preferences.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Last edited by Mathil on Aug 28, 2014, 2:15:52 AM
Thanks for updating us man! That is actually the way I ended up building. With the exception of Resolute Techniques, I have 80% chance to hit currently, is that 20% miss really that much? Sometimes I find myself chain freezing mobs and walking over fully shocked corpses so I have been hesitant to grab Resolute Techniques. I understand my crit rate is low (8.5%), but seeing the occasional elemental crit effects makes me really happy. What are your thoughts on this?

Also was doing Zana dailies today with a public group and we ended up with Double Dominus, I had no idea it was Double Dominus and neither did anyone else in the party. Everyone wiped in the beginning with the exception of myself and an Arc Witch, we were able to kill 6 player HP Double Dominus with just the two of us thanks to Phase Acrobatics, Evasion, and a bleed pot. Cheers mate, thanks for making this build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info