Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
redix27 wrote:
Can you put rest of the gear ps? ^^

all made from midnight farming in a 1 1/2 months ( around 110ex were made )
and waiting for masters to add stuff on the belt+ring+ammy
Last edited by SamoWareZ on Aug 18, 2014, 3:17:16 PM
Chunda.....if we manage somehow to replace the % of attack speed from haste with the one from crafting plus the missing ele dmg think it might be possible to retain some of the dps loss?
"
Tsouki22 wrote:
Chunda.....if we manage somehow to replace the % of attack speed from haste with the one from crafting plus the missing ele dmg think it might be possible to retain some of the dps loss?

It's not so much that

- the base damage of spectral is getting nerfed from 66% to 57% -> 14% DPS loss

- Anger and Wrath are getting nerfed by around 17-18%.

Even if nothing changed, the spec is already losing 30% of it's pure DPS, not counting in attack speed loss.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Aug 18, 2014, 3:43:58 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
Tsouki22 wrote:

It's not so much that

Even if nothing changed, the spec is already losing 30% of it's pure DPS, not counting in attack speed loss.

we're loosing 30% on the skill dps but the tree has so much ele dmg now + projectile speed/dmg that the dps will stay same or even greater
"
SamoWareZ wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
Tsouki22 wrote:

It's not so much that

we're loosing 30% on the skill dps but the tree has so much ele dmg now + projectile speed/dmg that the dps will stay same or even greater

Not a chance it will stay the same or be greater.

Remember that elemental damage mods are additive. Going from 70% to 100% is 42% MORE DPS, multiplicative.

I predict this spec will maybe cap out at 11k or 12k now.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Aug 18, 2014, 4:01:57 PM
Give me a few minutes and I'll get my spreadsheet out and tell you exactly how much DPS this spec will do.
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Give me a few minutes and I'll get my spreadsheet out and tell you exactly how much DPS this spec will do.

we get 100+ % ele dmg,and new proj speed/dmg mods,there's no way this spec will do less dmg even with those nerfs ( with the 1.2 tree that mathil posted/another one i tested )
Last edited by SamoWareZ on Aug 18, 2014, 4:12:26 PM
"
SamoWareZ wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:

we get 100+ % ele dmg,and new proj speed/dmg mods,there's no way this spec will do less dmg even with those nerfs ( with the 1.2 tree that mathil posted/another one i tested )

You don't understand PoE maths - 100+% ele is additive, you are losing 30% multiplicative with the nerfs. 30% multiplicative is far more than 100% additive.

I've calculated the DPS you'll get with the new tree and level 20 auras and it is 11485.

The DPS with level 21 auras is 12136.

I am using 16% attack speed on gloves, 30% ele rolls on rings, ammy, belt, Alpha's Howl, 300 ele DPS on foil.

If you go HAM and use Level 3 Empower in Alpha's - the DPS is 13713 from gaining 2 aura levels on each Anger and Wrath. (Not worth using Empower in Alpha's just for 1k DPS gain imho.)

In other words, this spec is fine - consider nerfs to gems and buffs to the tree - it evens out to 24% TOTAL NERF.

If you take into account new master crafted mods, maybe that increases it a little bit but it's still gunna be around 20% nerfed.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Aug 18, 2014, 4:28:20 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
TehFog wrote:
Hi, Forgive me if this has been answered.... but 367 pages even with the search bar is quite a bit. I run a crit dagger molten strike build, and was looking into speccing buzzsaw at 1.2 (if the nerf isnt that bad). My question is, since i own all crit gear is there an effect variant for crit buzzsaw? I also have a 5L Volls I use for molten, but this is my spectral throw setup atm.

My gear

I can easily sell the bino, and work on getting a faster attack speed rare dagger. Any help is appreciated :D thanks.

Edit fixed spoiler

Yes, there is a crit version that I'll be making in the new leagues, I need to test it out before I say anything more - already done some levelling to ~60 in new Taiwan servers and it looks pretty good.

Will it be pretty much Dominion's crit version that he ran during the one month? http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/966257/page/1
Somewhat, you can view the tree in my thread. Although personally I am leaning towards EB with AA.

Been done before as well before I'm aware but not min-maxed I feel.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Aug 18, 2014, 8:38:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info