Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
What flasks are most beneficial on this build?

I usually use 3 Instant heals, Granite, and a Curse Immune Quicksilver.

I'm carrying 1 topaz 1 ruby 1 granite and 2 instant hallowed.

Usually i don't need topaz and ruby vs reflect, but if i do halfregen/minus max-resist or double ele reflect i need them.
"
Riverside66 wrote:
How do you deal w/ ele reflect on this build? is the LL gem enough to out leech it usually? I personally play one of those retarded low life spec throw w/ acuities and mad crit so nothing is an issue.

Do you just carry topaz + ruby flask for reflect mobs?

I'm likely gonna use this tree, or something close depending on how they change it for the next league as it seems like cheap gear wise and able to do maps still.

Edit:

Ok, my bad here, last time I tried a reflect pack was before I had an Alphas Howl. Ignore my stupidity.
Last edited by covaruk on Jul 22, 2014, 3:26:17 AM
"
covaruk wrote:
"
Riverside66 wrote:
How do you deal w/ ele reflect on this build? is the LL gem enough to out leech it usually? I personally play one of those retarded low life spec throw w/ acuities and mad crit so nothing is an issue.

Do you just carry topaz + ruby flask for reflect mobs?

I'm likely gonna use this tree, or something close depending on how they change it for the next league as it seems like cheap gear wise and able to do maps still.

Reflect on single rare mobs isn't a problem.

Reflect is fine if you party up, but solo I always re-roll elemental reflect maps. Depending on gear you CAN do them - with flasks and taking your time if necessary, but I find it drags the clear speed down too much and it's easy to mess it up and die VERY quickly.

Saffell. Unless map rolled ele weakness + -max combo, otherwise ele reflect is just extra quantity.
Reflect map is no big deal. Double reflect is not something that will suddenly kill you unless you're playing horribly.

You can even do reflect + minus max maps if you use saffel and play carefully. The build excels against reflect due to high resists(84 fire/light) can reach 86 in one of those with a 21 purity in alpha.
is this build still good d;?
"
erani wrote:

Look up the price of Alpha's Howl (the main enabling gear for this build), and you tell me if it's still good.
"
Duplicated wrote:
"
erani wrote:

Look up the price of Alpha's Howl (the main enabling gear for this build), and you tell me if it's still good.

Buying gear for a build just featured on "build of the week" is never going to be cheap until the interest calms down.

I picked up an Alphas for 2.5ex equivalent 2 weeks ago and socketed/linked it myself. That's within the reach of most people if they've been playing a few weeks and way cheaper than gearing up for most decent specs.

Regardless of this I was playing the build right up to level 80 without an Alpha's or Coil - it's still a good build without them, just not quite as powerful.
Last edited by covaruk on Jul 22, 2014, 6:53:03 AM
The Build I used based off this build
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAgwlgQ249A5Y7KLVIbWxTNZu1wzrKSm-etDjW0Spb-_XlGW17JpVVSxqP9tr7CRmKHarhiEZxKk3rLKxHGYZKyD8nHNyTJ7QMf8YRltkTcLsvbyj6V8k8juq6uJPr7saeEH8MfY9GpwhVxs9l0NCApCSwhtEXL_rSHRRV1mTnGmzz3SlP5CKCm-w4d-VX4jKJxKKXBi2D0359df66u-P8xVb67g7vekp9h3ZnoCmlTipbr90NwA_V7WqTtkGdrg==

Final Build (pick up HP nodes as you need them)
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAgwlgQ249A5Y7KLVIbWxTNZu1wzrKSm-etDjW0Spb-_XlGW17JpVVSxqP9tr7CRmKHarhiEZxKk3rLKxHGYZKyD8nHNyTJ7QMf8YnqRGW2RNwuy9vKPpXyTyO6rq4k-vuxp4Qfwx9j0anCFXGz2XQ0ICkJLCG0Rcv-tIdFFXWZOcabPPdKU_kIoKb7Dh35VfiMonEopcGLYPTfn11_rq74_zFVvruDu96Sn2HdmegKaVOKluv3Q3AD9XtapO2QaIAFE0Es_AfGjiQVaeEWkjv8CP2Wm1JUadcJDzjajbpJKoZhQ==

I find it hard to get early game damage, since most of your early specs will be attack speed, which your mana pool cant take it all.. just level with a party, maybe pick up some reduced mana cost/extra use nodes early so that you can run clarity for a while.

Instead of the persons build using IR/Cull Spectral throw, i use a 4L CwDT link of enduring cry, immortal call, cast when damage taken and your choice of a curse, or increased duration(which makes you immune to physical damage for slightly longer)

The difference in my build and theres is i didnt waste points for life trees of just 8% each node, instead i went for 10% ele resist, evasion/armor eva nodes and Iron reflexes, giving you 5% evasion rating, shield block and now you can easily get 20k armor with a 90%+ evasion bonus(which is converted to armor) roll on your flask, this also makes it better to run grace instead of purity of fire/lightning for some parts, but you can always swap back for certain bosses ect. Thanks to Leather and Steel, you take no penalties from wearing more armor, so if you need to get a piece of arm only gear, it wont effect you too bad. just remember that evasion does more for you then armor.
"
Crimsongames wrote:

The difference in my build and theres is i didnt waste points for life trees of just 8% each node, instead i went for 10% ele resist, evasion/armor eva nodes and Iron reflexes, giving you 5% evasion rating, shield block and now you can easily get 20k armor with a 90%+ evasion bonus(which is converted to armor) roll on your flask, this also makes it better to run grace instead of purity of fire/lightning for some parts, but you can always swap back for certain bosses ect. Thanks to Leather and Steel, you take no penalties from wearing more armor, so if you need to get a piece of arm only gear, it wont effect you too bad. just remember that evasion does more for you then armor.

IR is a choice you wanna make, this build is flexible - but Leather and Steel is completely unnecessary since we don't run, we whirl.

Also you miss out RT, bye deeps :(
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Has anyone pointed out the top right life nodes are less efficient than the mana + life nodes since you waste one point getting a useless +int node to get to them? The final tree should either look like this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABA5YEswx9EH8RlhRNFy8ZhRmKGjgabBqPHNwdFB2qI_YkPCSqJLAmlSepKPoqWy2DL28yiTbpOyg8jkZxSVFKfVM1VUtVxlXWVvpXyVfiWfNaSFptYENk52aeZ6BtbG17bj1vnnC7cql35XzZfXV_xoCkgwmG0Yd2j0aQVZMnlwabtaIApwinXKeErKq0DLQ4tUi4k7vjwBrDOsSixp7KSs9l0NDTftbR2RPhiONq5Rnquuvu7DjuDu967_DwH_Pd9tr60vsJ-_X8xf663FcelKw_eqqa4EWdFm8pT4Kb

Or ignore the middle left int node + ele dmg and go back for that top right life node if you get into the mid 90s.
Akumos/Xenoith/Toccata.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info