Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

I understand, might be something to hope to get in the future a shavs haha, correct me if im wrong the crown makes spelldmg into phys dmg right? so by looking at your tree you seem to take many spellpower nodes.
"
Yumako87 wrote:
I understand, might be something to hope to get in the future a shavs haha, correct me if im wrong the crown makes spelldmg into phys dmg right? so by looking at your tree you seem to take many spellpower nodes.

Yes, Crown makes all spell damage bonuses apply directly to your attacks instead of just spells. The bonus from Pain Attunement is a "more" modifier as well. It is a big part of why the low life versions outstrip other versions in dps by so much.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
Sounds pretty op ..but im sure you can go a long way with this build, without mega expensive gear, and just farm more ex or get a shav, thanks for the reply
I'm still trying to find a way to incorp frenzy charges to this build :( I want to make use of :

Spoiler
"
Gryphyn wrote:
I'm still trying to find a way to incorp frenzy charges to this build :( I want to make use of :

Spoiler

First thing that comes to my mind is Blood Rage. But in order to be able to effectively use it you would need to run Vitality aura to offset damage done by the chaos degen buff. Possibly easiest way would be capping fire resist so you can replace Purity of Fire with Vitality gem.
Tried this before I changed some equipment and it worked quite well, triple frenzy charges gave me iirc 900 dps boost.
Last edited by borek664 on May 16, 2014, 4:45:23 PM
"
Gryphyn wrote:

Spoiler

Team up with people who use conduit + frenzy charges. There is no other way to incorporate frenzy charges into the build without making it weaker. Blooddance isn't possible since you want to use those boots.
Last edited by kasub on May 16, 2014, 9:29:03 PM

currently using that at level 66, im just curious how long it will carry me before i need to really focus on getting something better.
What about Static Blows and + 10% to shock next to it? It would boost this build quite a lot.
insane in the membrane
Last edited by Dudldude on May 17, 2014, 12:05:26 AM
"
Dudldude wrote:
What about Static Blows and + 10% to shock next to it? It would boost this build quite a lot.

You wouldn't be able to shock high HP enemies that matter and reflect would just hurt you a lot more.

Crit builds do bursty DPS allowing for shocks on high HP rares/bosses but buzzsaw does consistent decent DPS that is not close to the amount big crits do. You rely on fast APS to scale your DPS afterall.
Last edited by kasub on May 17, 2014, 12:07:37 AM
"
Dudldude wrote:

from the OP: (you may have read it and just asked anyways, I don't know obv)

Mathil! I want to shock everything and I read what static blows does and I think it is good and I want to use it and why shouldn't I use it and tell me how to use it.

Spoiler
Whoa now, slow your roll. I've tried static blows and I found almost no difference when it matters. See how it works is when shocking something it gets shocked for a duration based on how much lightning damage you do as a percentage of their health. So if for example you take a swing at piety and deal 1% of her hp in damage and your chance to shock procs, you will shock her for roughly 0 time meaning your next hit won't gain any benefit from a shock stack. If however you swing at a white monster, deal 50% damage and your chance to shock procs you will shock him for infinite time. The problem with that is the monsters you are shocking are already taking a huge amount of damage from you and don't need to be shocked, it is therefor wasted on them. The places were you need the shock stacks are the high hp monsters which don't want to get shocked. Since our damage is so steady and regular you won't ever be shocking high hp monsters for any real amount of time. Skip these passives.

Edit: Yes, Kasub is correct.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
Last edited by JakeAlmighty on May 17, 2014, 12:08:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info