[1.2.0] Omjak’s guide: Maximizing Dps - MAJOR UPDATE 3. REFINED TREES:NEW PERMA FREEZE TOTEM VARIANT

I'm currently trying this build and was wondering whether or not you have considered using blood rage with blood dance boots? Or is it kind of pointless with LA?
The problem is the tree doesn't have any resistance so you have to get them on gear, and boots are one of the best slot to get high res. If you go for blood dance, you'll have to put quite some res on jewelry and/or quiver, and then it will be harder to make them highly effective dps wise. As for LA, it works very well with life gained on hit, to the point it makes ele reflect a non issue.

The point of going for blood rage is for the life leech, combined with vaal pact. And we know how vaal pact has been nerfed in 1.1. So you could see blood rage as a very end game objective, for those who want to use only dps support gems. And then you have to consider high chaos resistance rather than blood dance since vaal pact nullifies life regen.

Using blood dance without blood rage can still be done though, but it's more for the very high life regen then, which makes you much sturdier, provided you can find the res elsewhere ;)
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Good point! Thanks for the help.
"
"
Omjak_777 wrote:
dude thats incredible,

looking through your gems, most of them arent even maxed yet; yet ur achieving great dps. Your bow is even (currently) a low pdps row harbinger xD, your not even utilizing pcoc from what i can see.

Once you get your gems maxed, get a propper link on your bow, finish that bow (i'm assuming your crafting?) and fine tune your overall setup: i could easily see you doing over 40k with frenzy, maybe even 50k if you put increased phys damage on it.

Right now, i think you have better gear than me. What do your resists look like?

also, i noticed your using a warhammer for mobility,

have you tried using one with a twilight blade?

that with faster attacks+leapslam+blood magic and you feel like the hulk jumping everwhere. and hits hella fun for menuevering if you can get the hang of it xD.
I've just tried this blade. It's only marginally faster with one green socket, so for now I'll keep my shield which gives me maxed res. As for the bow, it's not even properly crafted, I was extremely lucky to make it with only one alch :p.
Biggest mistake I made for my stuff: missing a 270 dps harbringer bow for 18 chaos >_<.
My res are no more capped:
Spoiler

That's something I need to work on.

50k, here we are :p, with all dps auras (click for bigger image).

And the screenshot is 2 weeks old, it's more around 53k now.
That's thanks to that bow that I've dropped a few weeks ago:

I'll eternal/exalt once I get the currency.

And now physical reflect is damn scary :s, to the point blackgleam is not enough to offset it. So I still use my old bow on maps with this mod ^^'.
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Mar 24, 2014, 7:16:35 PM
Currently running a variation of this build.
Kaom's Heart as my chest so i run a 6L LA and 4L frenzy.

What are you thoughts on Ming's Heart with this build.

Been thinking whether it'd fit in well or if it's not worth going for.
Would probably need to drop maligaro's for some resist gloves + dps stats or my other ring needs to have higher defensive stats.

IGN: Greydo
Bump for a great build !
Hey I've made a VERY similar build and have been running it in Invasion. I don't have the same access to funds you appear to but I'd love to share my experience.

First off I have found using physical projectile attack damage allows me to mana leech with the 2% off tree and 2% on gear when I was using a slow bow only 2% was enough but using a fast bow I needed the 4%... Using physical projectile attack damage is instrumental in reaching this mana leech break point and I think most people should be using it.

Secondly I have been using a 4link using smoke mine, vaal rain of arrows + inc. AOE + inc. duration. I will definitely try using ice shot but I feel the smoke mine and vaal rain of arrows which roots rares and invasion bosses for nearly 7seconds at the current ranks of the gems is safer in a larger variety of situations at the expense of some damage.

Finally I do have blind linked to my frenzy 4link. Again I should stress the importance of having a blind mechanic, it is probably the most efficient (easiest way to get the strongest) defensive mechanic in the game and makes many of the dangers, especially in Invasion a joke.

TLDR: Use physical projectile attack damage or a slower bow instead of blood magic as a better solution to mana problems. Try Vaal RoA, smoke mine + inc.AOE + inc.Duration. Use blind on frenzy, blind is vitally important.
wow, great job everyone

glad to see the guide hasn't reached the bottom of the ranger forum xD.

well, as you guys may have noticed. I havn't really updated the guide for vaal or anything. The guide is still relevant for much of its information and all of you have great commentary.

The reason i haven't been up on it is because i quit this game to focus on school. I may return later (during summer perhaps) to finish the guide and get back into the game. But for now, i don't really feel like i have enough time to dedicate to this game. Especially because mmos take so much to get into (and are hella addictive).

Anyways, i thought i would just let u guys know for those of you who are wondering where i'm at.

Also, if anyone has questions; It would be best if we all just worked together to work up strategy's. As such, although i will be following this thread lightly: comments answered by other forumers but left unanswered by me should be taken as my approval for what has been said.

k, GL everyone. See you during the summer :D.
IGN: Omjak
"THIS WORLD... IS AN ILLUSION EXILE".
How about using Lightning Coil with this build?
The build doesn't require any specific armor so you can go on as long as you can max out the resistance, and it will definitely help against physical reflect which is the main issue with this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info