[1.2.0] Omjak’s guide: Maximizing Dps - MAJOR UPDATE 3. REFINED TREES:NEW PERMA FREEZE TOTEM VARIANT

What are your toughts about culling strike? I placed it instead of pierce on ice shot (only have 4l at moment) and it looks really good (you don't get that pierce chance, but it really helps specially with bosses).

Also about possible drillneck addition to build?
Imho, you can tweak the totem as you wish. I've used Ice shot, faster attack, blind for a long time. It freezes much less mobs but it's super cool against bosses. And I will just probably drop it eventually, when I finally get 3 linked red sockets on my stuff, to put a leveled CwDT, Immortal call, Increased duration setup.

Drillneck may be good, especially now that crit mul has been nerfed. It drops only in Ambush however so kind of hard to test. I'm leveling some new toons to try to get it, amongst other things ^^.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Drillneck is good. It gives my LA ~1k additional DPS (with LMP though).
currently following this guide. great guide !
"
Imho, you can tweak the totem as you wish. I've used Ice shot, faster attack, blind for a long time. It freezes much less mobs but it's super cool against bosses. And I will just probably drop it eventually, when I finally get 3 linked red sockets on my stuff, to put a leveled CwDT, Immortal call, Increased duration setup.

Drillneck may be good, especially now that crit mul has been nerfed. It drops only in Ambush however so kind of hard to test. I'm leveling some new toons to try to get it, amongst other things ^^.

bro u need Imortal call for reflect >..<. Immortal call is like, essential for physical build such as my own and can almost eliminate problems with reflect entirely.
IGN: Omjak
"THIS WORLD... IS AN ILLUSION EXILE".
"
jmbawagan wrote:
Drillneck is good. It gives my LA ~1k additional DPS (with LMP though).

That quiver will give a SHIT ton of dps for this build, and other physical/pierce dps builds. 100% projectile damage at 100% chance to pierce is nothing to laugh at. and projectile damage increases the damage of auras, so win, win, and win some more.

The only problem i see is it's lack of health and resistances. But the little health it gives and the bonus to evade aren't anything to laugh at.
Last edited by Omjak_777 on May 5, 2014, 5:07:00 PM
I now have IC. I finally successfully colored my boots and a new helm. I'm still fearing phys reflect however, it's such a hassle to lose 10% xp at this stage. That's why I tend to replace my frenzy by puncture (or even trap/puncture) on reflect maps. It gives me more time to react. I'm probably just over overreacting.
And unfortunately, no more totem. It was a really nice distraction and CC. I still use it however, on my former helm, when I want to go see Dominus.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
I now have IC. I finally successfully colored my boots and a new helm. I'm still fearing phys reflect however, it's such a hassle to lose 10% xp at this stage. That's why I tend to replace my frenzy by puncture (or even trap/puncture) on reflect maps. It gives me more time to react. I'm probably just over overreacting.
And unfortunately, no more totem. It was a really nice distraction and CC. I still use it however, on my former helm, when I want to go see Dominus.

fear is a good thing,

let it guide you ;D
also on "Asphyxia's Wrath". I don't know if its occurred to any of u to use this build so i'ma let you guys in on some freeze mechanics, and how i think they work. This was in response to a posting on the ice-pierce thread.

"
Omjak_777 wrote:

I was always under the impression that the "chance to freeze" is on a per target bassis. If my initial impression is true, then that means every monster hit while using this quiver has a chance to be frozen of 10%. If even one gets frozen with ele prolif, then the entire group should freeze. so with a group of ten monsters, each one has a chance to freeze of 10%; with prolif you have a chance to freeze an entire group that is equal to 1-(.9^(number of monsters)) in this case. 10 monsters the chance is essentially at 65% if each one is hit by cold damage, at 20 monsters hit with cold damage it becomes 90% (although i think its kinda hard to even hit 20 monsters in one shot, unless your using pierce). Now if you combine that with a lvl 16 frostbite and assume this is additive to the initial chance to freeze given this quiver. the new calculation is 1-(.77^(number of monsters hit with cold damage). However, the new calculation assumes that ever monster hit with cold damage is also cursed (but u get what i'm getting at). at this point for 10 monsters u get a 92% chance to freeze the entire group. And this chance to freeze is independant of ur chance to crit (but you get the idea).

I think its different from critical strikes, where an entire attack (including its aoe and individual subsequent attack animations from that one attack) will crit and all cause an ailment. I could be rong about this however, if the chance to freeze affects an entire attack like crit does. However, if this were the case why would ggg give us prolif? doesn't make sense. And another thing thats cool is that chance to freeze is independent of the monsters health.

in other words, if you use this quiver+eleprolif+frostbite on your totems. you can get an INSANE, amount of cc the more minions your totem engages per attack.
Last edited by Omjak_777 on May 5, 2014, 9:21:50 PM
Well with summer comming, i'm going to have more freetime to do what i want. And i haven't forgotten this guide so I should start working on it here soon (like in a couple weeks).

SO... I should also include the last part of this guide at some point. However, after considering how much i actually have to write at this part. Its going to be... lengthily and will take a bit of time to complete, unless i decide against some of the information i'm planning to include. However, i don't want to include too much because i'll rob you guys from the experience of actually learning the game xD.
Last edited by Omjak_777 on May 7, 2014, 11:22:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info