[1.2.0] Omjak’s guide: Maximizing Dps - MAJOR UPDATE 3. REFINED TREES:NEW PERMA FREEZE TOTEM VARIANT

lol,

Well, i have been giving this major thought recently and i'm actually happy to stick with a lioneyes until i find something much better, currently i'm dealing around 46k damage with frenzy anyway, (which is 69k at pointblank).

Here is what a harbinger has going for it: high base crit (because of implicit mod), high physical base damage, mana efficiency (because dps is spread over less shots). Here is what it has going against it: need accuracy (as for any *rare* bow*), Subject to Critical Chance penaltys (due to evade and due to chance to hit), and you can easily toast yourself on reflect. Even though its mana efficient, this also means it has higher damages per shot. Your evade/dodge can only protect you for so long before you shoot into a mob of reflects and kill yourslef because your damage output on a per arrow basis is super high.

Lioneyes is interesting because of its "shots are unevadable" mod that brings your chance to hit to 100%. It is subject to no critical chance penaltys, and no damage penaltys from chance too hit. And although it has a low base crit, it has a higher attackspeed. You will have an innately high chance to critical over a given amount of time just by throwing many more shots out until you crit. This also means its dps is spread out over many arrows, making it highly mana inefficient but highly synergistic with "life on hit" on an LA build. Having your dps spread over many shots increases your regen from life-on-hit tremendously. It so synergistic with LA and Life on hit that you can practically shoot LA (assuming your using my pierce build) into both ele reflect, and physical reflect mobs without worrying about major backlash damage (unless you have an increased critical damage gem for obvious reason). the mana inefficiency is basicly overwhelmed by its synergy with "life on hit" so much so that you can use a blood magic gem to completely negate its mana cost. Lioneyes, for this build, is also good for the totem as the totem can shoot more while its up.

Really, its a matter of preference, but i find that lioneyes is good enough for what i'm looking for (or atleast temporarily anyway).
IGN: Omjak
"THIS WORLD... IS AN ILLUSION EXILE".
Last edited by Omjak_777 on Sep 7, 2014, 5:48:22 PM
I wasn't completely happy with the old tree setup as i felt i might have rushed it a bit. The other trees are just as good as these builds, do not feel like you have to spend regrets if you've already specced into the old trees. However, if you are still working on your build and are following the old paths, just begin speccing into these new ones. Additionally, i have a new perma freeze totem tree that will yield significant results, i especially recommend this variant if your going to be entering the new leagues :D.

ranger start:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Final build

leveling basis

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shadow Start (my own, if u want a higher dps start)

Final build
on a leveling basis

Alternatives
PERMA FREEZE TOTEM VARIATION: this build sacrifices dps to gain INSANE totem utility.
IGN: Omjak
"THIS WORLD... IS AN ILLUSION EXILE".
Last edited by Omjak_777 on Sep 9, 2014, 12:46:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info