[1.2.0] Omjak’s guide: Maximizing Dps - MAJOR UPDATE 3. REFINED TREES:NEW PERMA FREEZE TOTEM VARIANT

welp, with the new expension coming soon, idk how it will affect this guide. Just letting you all know that i will try my best to update any inconsistencies. However, i would greatly appreciate anyone who helps me by pointing them out.

Additionally, for all you rangers/shadows out there. A full-respec will be given for the next update so plan accordingly :D.
IGN: Omjak
"THIS WORLD... IS AN ILLUSION EXILE".
bump for new update
Nothing much have changed in fact since there were no update on the right side except for one life node upgraded to 12% in the central shadow area. I'm still running with the same tree which is a little variation of the original Omjak's tree.

I'm considering however to move to something like this which is a bit more offensive, at the cost of very little life and evasion.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Mar 7, 2014, 4:35:22 PM
The two changes that affect this build is the reduction in crit multiplier on items and the nerf to ranged attack totem. Probably still works but may not for newer players.
Frankly, I don't feel the nerf on the totem. It's more used for the CC than damage.
As for crit mul on item, you may be right unfortunately. I've just checked the new value and the nerf is quite huge (max +38). It can maybe be overcome by replacing power charge on critical by increase critical damage.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
someone messaged me about this so i'm listing the reply here:

well, from what i hear multiplier was heavily nerfed (in general). Although this won't hurt your dps if you grabbed the right gear before the update, finding gear will now be harder for all crit builds (because its now harder to stack multiplier.

as the build stands now, there aren't any immediate changes.

Edit:
increased crit damage is a decent replacement if your running lioneyes.

if your using a harbinger, pCoC may still be better because of status effects.
Last edited by Omjak_777 on Mar 8, 2014, 2:30:22 AM
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Drillneck

This new quiver looks pretty damn solid for any pierce build ^^
As Panini_aux_olives said buffed life node above Haste near Shadow tree beginning is quite nice and I would advise exchanging half of life nodes circle avove Deadly/Heavy Draw. For 10 dex and 28% IML you gain 24% IML, +20 life/mana, and Mental Acuity notable passive.
Definetely, those 3 health nodes are much more worth it now.
made slight adjustments to the build for 1.1.0 and updated the build paths.

enjoy ;D.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info