Oro's Righteous Fire Marauder [1.2.0]

"
Cats_Paw wrote:
The life per level goes from 8 to 12 if i remember correctly, so life is easier to have for glass canons, but life % nodes have less boost, making it in total somewhat higher in terms of total possible life.

The belly of the beast has become a really interesting option now. I'm at level 86 with a carcass jack, 1.2 would make me lose ~300 life but with BotB I will end up ~200 life above my current, and can only get better as I level up.

Any Kaom's will still be superior, but ain't nobody got exalts for that. Well I don't yet.
botb was always better just everyone went with carcass cause the aoe i think (that almost done nothing)

But the hard part is botb is hard to get the socket colors you want i think
Forsaken masters crafting might help with that. 285 chromes for guaranteed 3 blue sockets on a full str item *should* do the trick. Or you can RNG it of course, but that might not end well.

I plan on testing Niffler's approach with a cyclone-curse on hit setup if I can 5L my BotB. I'd like to get whispers of doom and put a second curse on a CWDT or something, but I think that means dropping iron reflexes for me, and -40 dex aswell.
How about Three Dragons and RF? I suppose that Ice Nova casts will ignite monsters making them even more vulnerable to fire? A slightly crazy and mainly 'for the science' idea which I first saw at 'community's facemelting molten strike build'.

Spoiler
from my point of view, it would make more sense to use shock nova then. in my imagination, the hit that cause the monster to burn would make it resistant to fire. not?
Will it still be viable after 1.2 ?
Because on the Reddit, tons of people say that it'll not be as good as now because of less resist, and less life.
The good point is that there is more %life regen !

Thanks for the answers !
shop: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1662526
IGN: ED_Again
Have fun !
"
MizoShirayuki wrote:
from my point of view, it would make more sense to use shock nova then. in my imagination, the hit that cause the monster to burn would make it resistant to fire. not?

Suggested scenario with Three Dragons equipped:

Spoiler

We surely deal no direct fire dmg (for Elemental Equlibrium to work). So a monster will never get shock. Ice Nova WILL deal the cold dmg and then the monster WILL ignite (instead of chill).
Now... ailments like Ignite in our case, are not considered direct hits so the ignition WILL NOT affect Elemental Equilibrium so the monster WILL NOT get +25% Fire Resist.
So Ice Nova will give the monster a -50% Fire Resist thn monster will get Ignite and we will watch it Burn making things a bit easier.
It seems a fun way to play RF. For science.
Updated the passive skill tree for 1.2! Will update more soon!
"
Oroboro wrote:
Updated the passive skill tree for 1.2! Will update more soon!

Exciting! Edit: ignore my silliness.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Aug 20, 2014, 10:17:47 PM
I dont understand, is this possible now? i can see that the max fire res can't be up to 88%, so is an instant suicide... or the life reg can still hold the bar full?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info