Oro's Righteous Fire Marauder [1.2.0]

Nice info here for RF build. Ina few days PoE will update to new expansion and with all the rumors on the RF nerf, I spent those last hours to build RF character just to try it as it once was. I followed your build as close as I could. I may not have a full Purity of Fire or Doryani's Catalyst, but in general it seems to work as expected.
But....
I think you mention absolutely nothing on the weapons someone could use (besides doryany's), and you give absolutely no info on whether you snapshot or not... As far as the build guide goes, these specifics are missing. I caught some periodic info on later posts with a video or two that clearly showed that u use EK (?how?when?) and you snapshot with Searing Touch(?when did this happen?)
Also the passive tree. It obviously is a lvl80 tree! Not the 65ish one would expect to see and have an idea of how RF should start (at 65th level). I personally had to follow ziggyd's more thorough walkthrough to understand the RF mechanics.
I am sorry if something I said is wrong. I followed several builds throughout my poe experience and some were thorough, some had missing info and I just would like to mention with good intentions that I had some issues following your build.
"
Falcyon wrote:
Nice info here for RF build. Ina few days PoE will update to new expansion and with all the rumors on the RF nerf, I spent those last hours to build RF character just to try it as it once was. I followed your build as close as I could. I may not have a full Purity of Fire or Doryani's Catalyst, but in general it seems to work as expected.
But....
I think you mention absolutely nothing on the weapons someone could use (besides doryany's), and you give absolutely no info on whether you snapshot or not... As far as the build guide goes, these specifics are missing. I caught some periodic info on later posts with a video or two that clearly showed that u use EK (?how?when?) and you snapshot with Searing Touch(?when did this happen?)
Also the passive tree. It obviously is a lvl80 tree! Not the 65ish one would expect to see and have an idea of how RF should start (at 65th level). I personally had to follow ziggyd's more thorough walkthrough to understand the RF mechanics.
I am sorry if something I said is wrong. I followed several builds throughout my poe experience and some were thorough, some had missing info and I just would like to mention with good intentions that I had some issues following your build.

I changed the build guide to be up to date with the next patch(no snapshotting) and aside from Doryani's there isn't much else that gives ANY benefit to Rigtheous Fire aside from The Supreme Truth, so you basically need to get Doryani's. And yeah I don't have any leveling guide set out and I plan to fix that once they new leagues start.
hello.. just woundering where do u get RF GEM?from drops? or quest reward?
thx
"
Oroboro wrote:

I changed the build guide to be up to date with the next patch(no snapshotting) and aside from Doryani's there isn't much else that gives ANY benefit to Rigtheous Fire aside from The Supreme Truth, so you basically need to get Doryani's. And yeah I don't have any leveling guide set out and I plan to fix that once they new leagues start.

Cheers! I didn't mean to sound ungrateful or something! Your guide lead me to the RF build I use now and I enjoyed it much! Thanks for answering. May RNG gods be with you!
Is this build something a newcomer could achieve or would I be better off with something less complicated?
"
Chocobar wrote:
Is this build something a newcomer could achieve or would I be better off with something less complicated?

There are more simple (and cheaper) builds out there, but this one requires the least amount of clicks :)
This is the Build I thought of. It uses 113 Points (maybe too much? idk)

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3719/nuifrgka_png.htm

the upper region to increase the area radius is maybe something that might be not nessessary for anyone. to me it is, because I cannot afford a carcass or a doryani's...
Last edited by MizoShirayuki on Aug 19, 2014, 5:42:06 AM
"
MizoShirayuki wrote:
This is the Build I thought of. It uses 113 Points (maybe too much? idk)

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3719/nuifrgka_png.htm

the upper region to increase the area radius is maybe something that might be not nessessary for anyone. to me it is, because I cannot afford a carcass or a doryani's...

The directload site semihides the picture you posted. But, if by 'upper aoe' you mean the 4 nodes that lead to less mana reserved, then I got them too. Its the only way to run all three auras without a lvl20 Reduced Mana. But by the time Red.Mana levels up, I WILL drop the 5 nodes up there for more life propably. More life means much more damage.
Im kinda getting the feeling that GGG is not "exactly" nerfing RF build but making it more expensive, so that people log in more hours to get things done.

A 2% max res node is taken away, but we do know you can vaal orb armor and helmets to get that 2% back in business. This however is far more expensive, and it can kill many kaoms hearts, especially legacy.

The life per level goes from 8 to 12 if i remember correctly, so life is easier to have for glass canons, but life % nodes have less boost, making it in total somewhat higher in terms of total possible life.

"
Falcyon wrote:
The directload site semihides the picture you posted. But, if by 'upper aoe' you mean the 4 nodes that lead to less mana reserved, then I got them too. Its the only way to run all three auras without a lvl20 Reduced Mana. But by the time Red.Mana levels up, I WILL drop the 5 nodes up there for more life propably. More life means much more damage.

not really. i only uploaded the part of the tree that's interesting. i don't meant the aura part to the left but the area part to the right.

but that seems right. since i didn't calculated the upcoming aura-gem-mana-nerf (or lets say less reserved mana cost) it might be a wise decision to drop some of the souvereignty nodes in that cluster later on for more life/dps if reduced mana is high enough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info