Oro's Righteous Fire Marauder [1.2.0]

You then wasted the chromes :P Alphas sucks for RF without a lvl 2+ empower and level 20 gems. The most important part of it is the total of +3 to PoF to hit +6 which is not achievable without dropping vitality from those links. It's more efficient to run a lvl 4 empower in a high hp and armour / ev helm, as you lose several hundred life from that.
"
PhysoniumI wrote:
You then wasted the chromes :P Alphas sucks for RF without a lvl 2+ empower and level 20 gems. The most important part of it is the total of +3 to PoF to hit +6 which is not achievable without dropping vitality from those links. It's more efficient to run a lvl 4 empower in a high hp and armour / ev helm, as you lose several hundred life from that.

Can you post your gear?

I can't find a lvl 4 empower on xyz for Ambush but lvl 3s are priced at 6ex.

I don't think I wasted my chroms, cost a little over an ex in chroms and for my level, ~76, and without Alpha's I would need more reduced mana nodes? Which at my lvl I would have to sacrifice a lot of life I guess to get those.

If I was flowing with ex's I might do it but yeah... I think I got the Alpha's 89/30 for 4ex so was pretty cheap.

Maybe when I get some levels I'll sell my Alpha's and buy a good helm with a lvl3/4 empower.

But I honestly didn't think of that, cheers for the suggestion!
Last edited by EcNeRWaLJ on May 21, 2014, 9:42:14 AM
"
PhysoniumI wrote:

Nothing special happens with Purity of Fire at level 26. The last increase in maximum fire resistance it grants is at level 23, when it first grants +5%. Level 23 can be achieved with an Alpha's Howl by a corrupting a Purity of Fire gem to level 21.

That being said, I don't much care for Alpha's Howl with this build after 1.1.0. It's possible to end up with 92% maximum fire resistance with a rare helmet and no corrupted gems - which is simpler and less expensive.

"
EcNeRWaLJ wrote:
Can you post your gear?

I can't find a lvl 4 empower on xyz for Ambush but lvl 3s are priced at 6ex.

I don't think I wasted my chroms, cost a little over an ex in chroms and for my level, ~76, and without Alpha's I would need more reduced mana nodes? Which at my lvl I would have to sacrifice a lot of life I guess to get those.

If I was flowing with ex's I might do it but yeah... I think I got the Alpha's 89/30 for 4ex so was pretty cheap.

Maybe when I get some levels I'll sell my Alpha's and buy a good helm with a lvl3/4 empower.

But I honestly didn't think of that, cheers for the suggestion!

You will almost certainly not be able to afford a level 4 Empower on Ambush - if they exist there.

If you run the prescribed auras (Purity of Fire, Vitality, Grace) and have a leveled Reduced Mana gem, it isn't necessary to have additional mana reservation reduction nodes beyond Sovereignty itself. This will leave you with a very small amount of unreserved mana, but you should be using Blood Magic gems anyways.

Since you asked:
Gear
That's what I was meaning. Alphas is in no way cost effective. I didn't think about 21 gems, but even then alphas gives no life. At least with IR it gives a considerable amount of armour.
Only point i see to even using alphas is if your gems are lvl 18? or lower cause with it you gain +1 to fire (and we don't even need this anyways really)

At lvl gem it will give what alphas does so really you can just remove it... i think you can run all 3 res auras + vit even without it if you are like lvl 85-90 and have the reduce mana nodes at the top

My fire res costs 22% mana right now in alphas with a lvl 19 reduce mana gem (i think) and 2 or 3 reduced mana nodes

Why do you guys use grace? wouldn't discipline be better since RF burns for hp+es (im rolling with fire res/vit/discipline right now)
I only have like 1k armor/eva and i can do most maps ive tried (die to some bosses/double bosses tho but im snapshotting iir gear so my RF burns for waaaay less)

I don't really understand why there are frenzy charges either since RF don't need attack speed and the life regen doesn't matter (at least for me i respec half my life regen nodes out already and i still regen fast)
Alpha nice helm, if you have kaom

If haven't them use rare helm and weapon with 3 to fire
IGN: HardyHard_FireFly

Big thx GGG for this great game :)
"
Lynerus wrote:
Why do you guys use grace? wouldn't discipline be better since RF burns for hp+es (im rolling with fire res/vit/discipline right now)

Protection. Discipline only provides an outgoing damage benefit if you snapshot with it active. Once you snapshot, your damage is fixed, so the only effect Discipline has after that is to increase the damage for which RF burns you.

"
Lynerus wrote:
I only have like 1k armor/eva and i can do most maps ive tried (die to some bosses/double bosses tho but im snapshotting iir gear so my RF burns for waaaay less)

IIQ/IIR is checked at the time a kill is scored. In other words, you can't snapshot them.

"
Lynerus wrote:
I don't really understand why there are frenzy charges either since RF don't need attack speed and the life regen doesn't matter (at least for me i respec half my life regen nodes out already and i still regen fast)

The boots.

"
v1br0 wrote:
Alpha nice helm, if you have kaom

How does possession of Kaom's Heart change the utility of Alpha's Howl? The only thing I can think of is that the large life affix on Kaom's Heart somewhat offsets the lack of life on Alpha's Howl. This isn't a good argument, though, because you could still have more life with a rare helmet.
Last edited by SilkTopHat on May 22, 2014, 1:24:30 PM
"
SilkTopHat wrote:
How does possession of Kaom's Heart change the utility of Alpha's Howl? The only thing I can think of is that the large life affix on Kaom's Heart somewhat offsets the lack of life on Alpha's Howl. This isn't a good argument, though, because you could still have more life with a rare helmet.

I lose 500 life with Alpha
This good argument?
IGN: HardyHard_FireFly

Big thx GGG for this great game :)
Last edited by v1br0 on May 22, 2014, 4:06:26 PM
"
v1br0 wrote:
I lose 500 life with Alpha
This good argument?

Are you saying 500 life is insignificant?

If you lose that much life over a rare helmet, that means your increased life modifier is huge. If you have a life modifier that large, the relative cost of using Alpha's Howl over a rare helmet is even more than it would be otherwise.

Separately: I assume you mean that you lose 500 life when compared to the rare helmet you posted. What did you sacrifice to get your life modifier so high? I estimate 280%-310% increased maximum life for level ~90 characters, and that puts you at 400-425 life.
I have 87% fire res, my Purity of Fire 18 lvl (20 lvl with alpha's) and if i use PoF (+4% max fire res) then i have 92$ fire res, instead 91%. Why it, it's bug?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info