Blue Flame Hellion ( Incinerate / EB / MoM / Block ) WORKINPROGRESS

any1 ever tried to use determination instead of discipline and skilling some more +max mana nodes. might come out better in the end.
if i have legendary amulet cybils paw and shield is it okey for me with 3 legendaries ?

Or should i take all legendary ?
Spoiler
"
Ulquiomaru wrote:
Hey Nugi,

I had started a MoM/Inc/Block build inspired by the other guy's post weeks ago. Made some alterations over the weeks and now that people and you have more experience with the build, I was wondering your input on this 109 point build featuring lightning coil with grace/clarity/discipline/purity of lightning, 100% evasion, max aura nodes, 230% life, 56% block, 75% spellblock (can still maintain 75% spellblock with lower block when I switch to perfect roll uniques, that should increase the life further). I previously had unwavering stance but since you showed you can still maintain incinerate without it, I scrapped it.

Anyhow, please throw in a few comments about how this build would fare, any suggestions etc:

And second, how much block recovery should I aim to get so that stun doesn't interrupt incinerate stages, or do I need any at all?

Current gear:
Spoiler

Edit: Added an alternative build featuring less armor (might not need it at all with Lightning Coil + aura nodes buffing grace), 4% less block, 42% more life.

Still can't be sure which one is better, so my character is sitting idle waiting me to make a decision :)

If the Coil isn't worth it, I'm planning to run this 2nd build exactly by just scrapping the 3 points from MoM and putting them in 50% evasion nodes.

Thanks and keep up the entertaining streams :)

IGN: iBlockedMoM

^ My previous post.

After 2 days of min/maxing and hours put in math of exile, I still couldn't make up my mind but I was sure that this 2nd build would be my build, but I dropped MoM and tried it with Cloak of Defiance since nugi was playing with it and he was doing well. Had a spare 5L Cloak with close to max rolls. God that went anything but well. 2 hours later I respecced those eva points back into MoM and equipped my Lightning Coil. After experiencing both worlds I can sum up the pros/cons for those interested:

Lightning Coil
Pros:
-You take upto 20% LESS damage from largest hits in the game. That's including the 30% from MoM compared to CoD with 40%.
-You don't have to, but should run Purity of Lightning, resulting in 81% lightning res, making sure even storm heralds dont require a special flask, more mitigation from physicals, less chance to get shocked.
-You always mitigate more damage than CoD, you get stunned waaay less, like only occasionally.
-You get more HP, even further less chance to get shocked, even further less chance to get stunned or anything, plus ofc the additional survival.

Cons:
-You get like 50% reduced mana regen compared to CoD, plus the loss of ES on chest. After all the auras, the loss of ES on chest actually becomes an advantage in this case instead of a disadvantage since your MoM only requires 30% rather than 40%. I honestly can't feel the need for that 50% mana regen with the 120% I get from the passive tree, plus 100+ from rings. If you ever feel the need, you can pop a flask, which I almost never do.

That's pretty much it. 3 points on MoM isn't a con, since otherwise you put those in 50% evasion and believe me it doesn't even come close to the mitigation LC offers.

Notes:
-You never, ever get shocked from Lightning Coil. It is plain impossible with 81% res and the amount of health my build gets. For those that are worried. You still might get shocked occasionally even with 81% res and 75% spellblock, but it will be from mobs using skills with built in shock chances, or like a huge lightning boss/crit.
-I'm considering dropping Grace and Tempest shield for purity of ice + fire for even more undyingness. I used to pop a granite every huge blue pack with Cloak, I even forget it's there while using Coil. Might as well use granite for occasional needs and toss grace.
Is this build viable for some of us on a budget?
"
Ulquiomaru wrote:
Spoiler
"
Ulquiomaru wrote:
Hey Nugi,

I had started a MoM/Inc/Block build inspired by the other guy's post weeks ago. Made some alterations over the weeks and now that people and you have more experience with the build, I was wondering your input on this 109 point build featuring lightning coil with grace/clarity/discipline/purity of lightning, 100% evasion, max aura nodes, 230% life, 56% block, 75% spellblock (can still maintain 75% spellblock with lower block when I switch to perfect roll uniques, that should increase the life further). I previously had unwavering stance but since you showed you can still maintain incinerate without it, I scrapped it.

Anyhow, please throw in a few comments about how this build would fare, any suggestions etc:

And second, how much block recovery should I aim to get so that stun doesn't interrupt incinerate stages, or do I need any at all?

Current gear:
Spoiler

Edit: Added an alternative build featuring less armor (might not need it at all with Lightning Coil + aura nodes buffing grace), 4% less block, 42% more life.

Still can't be sure which one is better, so my character is sitting idle waiting me to make a decision :)

If the Coil isn't worth it, I'm planning to run this 2nd build exactly by just scrapping the 3 points from MoM and putting them in 50% evasion nodes.

Thanks and keep up the entertaining streams :)

IGN: iBlockedMoM

^ My previous post.

After 2 days of min/maxing and hours put in math of exile, I still couldn't make up my mind but I was sure that this 2nd build would be my build, but I dropped MoM and tried it with Cloak of Defiance since nugi was playing with it and he was doing well. Had a spare 5L Cloak with close to max rolls. God that went anything but well. 2 hours later I respecced those eva points back into MoM and equipped my Lightning Coil. After experiencing both worlds I can sum up the pros/cons for those interested:

Lightning Coil
Pros:
-You take upto 20% LESS damage from largest hits in the game. That's including the 30% from MoM compared to CoD with 40%.
-You don't have to, but should run Purity of Lightning, resulting in 81% lightning res, making sure even storm heralds dont require a special flask, more mitigation from physicals, less chance to get shocked.
-You always mitigate more damage than CoD, you get stunned waaay less, like only occasionally.
-You get more HP, even further less chance to get shocked, even further less chance to get stunned or anything, plus ofc the additional survival.

Cons:
-You get like 50% reduced mana regen compared to CoD, plus the loss of ES on chest. After all the auras, the loss of ES on chest actually becomes an advantage in this case instead of a disadvantage since your MoM only requires 30% rather than 40%. I honestly can't feel the need for that 50% mana regen with the 120% I get from the passive tree, plus 100+ from rings. If you ever feel the need, you can pop a flask, which I almost never do.

That's pretty much it. 3 points on MoM isn't a con, since otherwise you put those in 50% evasion and believe me it doesn't even come close to the mitigation LC offers.

Notes:
-You never, ever get shocked from Lightning Coil. It is plain impossible with 81% res and the amount of health my build gets. For those that are worried. You still might get shocked occasionally even with 81% res and 75% spellblock, but it will be from mobs using skills with built in shock chances, or like a huge lightning boss/crit.
-I'm considering dropping Grace and Tempest shield for purity of ice + fire for even more undyingness. I used to pop a granite every huge blue pack with Cloak, I even forget it's there while using Coil. Might as well use granite for occasional needs and toss grace.

I hope Nugi responds to this, your build looks great.
IGN PoopyPotter
I like how this build varies:
1) templar: anvil + lot of strength + iron will+US
2) scion: anvil + US + dual leech supports + auto cursing tempest shield
3) and this build: Stone of Lazhwar + ballistic

Bad part: it's hard to understand, which one is the best

I'm currently running second one.

few words about anvil amulet
pro:
1) it gives your nice tankyness in lag - you can do nothing and still kill monsters and heal yourself (for example: http://youtu.be/D-SeRyYzqbs )
2) chance to block attacks is 78%

cons:
1) you are so slooooww
2) it may have no effect on high level enemies - 35 life gain and 250dmg is nothing against them

I'm level 84 with 2950 life, 74/75/79/44 resistances and 78/73 chances to block attacks/spells

But on ~77maps i had problems - 3k life is too low

So, i'm thinking about respec.
current gear

Few questions about this build:
1) Where is leech? I have 8 life gained cybil's paw and 19lvl life leech gem and hard hitting enemyes frighten me, i'd like to have higher healing rate (though i was able to kill shrine piety on -15max res map with topaz flask - this wasn't happen with slower healing rate). And you have no leech support

2) How do you sustain mana? Or high regen is enough (i have only 80% regen and no discipline)?

3) Why no supports to tempest shield? Like curse on hit (this is nice as your shouldn't stop incinerating to cast curses) or leech or culling strike or anything?

3) Which auras do you use (currently i am runnig clarity + putity of lightning)

Or maybe it's normal to have problems on 77 lvl maps (run them first time)?
Last edited by alt0172 on Dec 8, 2013, 5:59:16 PM
"
Saddamski wrote:
any1 ever tried to use determination instead of discipline and skilling some more +max mana nodes. might come out better in the end.

I'm using Grace (with IR) instead of Discipline on a similar build but with Lighting Coil instead of CoD. I haven't done any calculations myself but it seems like I'm taking significantly less damage with Grace/IR just from watching the life bar.

There are some calculations regarding Grace+IR+CoD vs Lightning Coil+nothing here, I'd really like to see something similar done to solve the Discipline vs Grace issue.

Then again I'm using Shavronne's Revelation which adds about as much mana regen as Discipline would (when compared to a normal 50-60% mana regen ring or DF).
"
exit_zero wrote:
"
Saddamski wrote:

I'm using Grace (with IR) instead of Discipline on a similar build but with Lighting Coil instead of CoD. I haven't done any calculations myself but it seems like I'm taking significantly less damage with Grace/IR just from watching the life bar.

There are some calculations regarding Grace+IR+CoD vs Lightning Coil+nothing here, I'd really like to see something similar done to solve the Discipline vs Grace issue.

Then again I'm using Shavronne's Revelation which adds about as much mana regen as Discipline would (when compared to a normal 50-60% mana regen ring or DF).
It isn't possible to directly compare grace+ir and discipline

As discipline does nothing with incoming damage - yes, it helps with manaregen (which is indirectly supports arctic armor and MoM), but i have no idea how to measure this help
"
alt0172 wrote:
"
exit_zero wrote:
"
Saddamski wrote:

It isn't possible to directly compare grace+ir and discipline

As discipline does nothing with incoming damage - yes, it helps with manaregen (which is indirectly supports arctic armor and MoM), but i have no idea how to measure this help

What about having a larger mana pool to use for MoM?
IGN PoopyPotter
"
Phloozy wrote:
What about having a larger mana pool to use for MoM?

Well, the aura reserves more MP than it gives. At least in my case.

I have 3592 MP at lvl 85, if i turn on Disciple with Reduced Mana (both L19), it adds 1054 MP but reservers 1208, so instead of having 1150 unreserved MP (Determination+Grace+Clarity+Tempest Shield) I have 332 MP.

The only advantage I get from Disciple is higher mana regen, as alt0172 said, unless someone else on your party cast if ofc.

Last edited by Sinkin on Jan 6, 2014, 12:26:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info