Blue Flame Hellion ( Incinerate / EB / MoM / Block ) WORKINPROGRESS

Hi nugi, i've been leveling another char following your early build (the one with Finesse) and now that i reached lvl 80 i thought i could give a shot at reworking for block cap. But before i put an exalt worth of regrets into it, i'd like hear what you think ;)

Here's the build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAecFLQhnEZYXLxg8GYoaMhpVGo8byBzcHRQelB7fKMUo-imlLagvbzWSNug26UGHQzFFnUZxTDVOKk9WUWBVxlXWVi1Yr14TYEthIWSjZOdvnnB9cLt07XgNeqp673_GgKSCHoLHgwmE74hCiPGPRpMnkzqa4Ju1n8unCKluqZWsP6xZrH-sr7GQsz-0DLXytkG3PrfWuJO9J768wcXDOsOGykrPZdDQ0TbZE9sL21ncV-Nq52Pnkevu87722vno-tL7Cf4K

99 points spent so it's minimal, leaving room for extras.

The main difference is that it doesn't go through ranger area, but gets Unwavering Stance (because imho the less RNG about keeping incinerate going for leech, the better), and reaches block cap 78/75 with perfect Rainbowstride, Rathpith and The Anvil amulet.

It has a bit less %life (with more nodes easily reachable anyway), but has a good chunk of extra STR to compensate.

There are other minor differences, like those 2 aura nodes near necro aegis that i think have meh-value and lead to nowhere, and there will probably be the need for at least a 30dex node (depending on gear ofc).

I'll probably be expanding into all the life nodes i can easily grab, Reflexes and the extra endurance charge.
The templar area has some value too, but it's prob too far to reach.

What do you think? Would this be a viable alternative?

Thanks ;)

Bye!

P.S. how in the world are you able to run Discipline without ending up with less unreserved mana? I thought Alpha's howl was the only way, but it seems like you are not using it...
Last edited by ThePlash on Dec 3, 2013, 3:25:45 AM
"
ThePlash wrote:

What do you think? Would this be a viable alternative?

So I looked at the build and it was a route I considered and hoped would be viable but the main issue here(and this is a big one) 150% max life is waaaay to little. I my self is aiming to get 250%+ in the end.

Unwavering stance imo is a very overrated keynode, it makes blind unsuable. And it is very far to get. ALso you are not getting the 50% evasion which is quite huge as well as with good armour your overall mitigation becomes much better with AA / Endurance charges. So when you make the hits you take smaller and you increase your life pool enough you end up being immune to stun from anything that is not like a full range roah charge / the big skell with +dmg or crit and the like. Also if you do get hit by these and you do not have enough HP+Mana you just straight up die. The whole point with this incinerate 2.0 vs my old build is that I get a max hp+mana combined at around 6.5k+ up from 4.5 which is a huge deal.

Anvil gives you a total -20% cast speed compared to the lapis unique so you reach stage 4 much slower.

It's not a bad idea you have and I understand your though process though I do not agree with it.

Discipline will give you a much larger mana pool and give you slighty less mana when you reach around max lvl with all aura nodes. The big thing is is the mana regen in half regen and normal maps it is huge. in no regen you just don't run it and you will have more unreserved mana and you then run mana leech as well.

As for Templar nodes these I might consider if I ever reach around lvl 95+ until then I don't see them viable.
twitch.tv/nugiyen (Live almost everyday from 15.00 +1 GMT)
follow @nugiyen on twitter
www.youtube.com/nugiyen
Last edited by nugiyen on Dec 2, 2013, 10:16:43 AM
"
nugiyen wrote:

So I looked at the build and it was a route I considered and hoped would be viable but the main issue here(and this is a big one) 150% max life is waaaay to little. I my self is aiming to get 250%+ in the end.

Unwavering stance imo is a very overrated keynode, it makes blind unsuable. And it is very far to get. ALso you are not getting the 50% evasion which is quite huge as well as with good armour your overall mitigation becomes much better with AA / Endurance charges. So when you make the hits you take smaller and you increase your life pool enough you end up being immune to stun from anything that is not like a full range roah charge / the big skell with +dmg or crit and the like. Also if you do get hit by these and you do not have enough HP+Mana you just straight up die. The whole point with this incinerate 2.0 vs my old build is that I get a max hp+mana combined at around 6.5k+ up from 4.5 which is a huge deal.

Anvil gives you a total -20% cast speed compared to the lapis unique so you reach stage 4 much slower.

It's not a bad idea you have and I understand your though process though I do not agree with it.

Discipline will give you a much larger mana pool and give you slighty less mana when you reach around max lvl with all aura nodes. The big thing is is the mana regen in half regen and normal maps it is huge. in no regen you just don't run it and you will have more unreserved mana and you then run mana leech as well.

As for Templar nodes these I might consider if I ever reach around lvl 95+ until then I don't see them viable.

Thanks for your answer! I'll be reiterating on it a bit more, i still think block cap could be viable, but i see your points.

Bye!
Last edited by ThePlash on Dec 3, 2013, 3:25:21 AM
Awesome build as always!! :)
how do you deal with chaos damage? getting max ele resists seems hard but possible. but also getting at least zero chaos res and max ele res is kind of impossible imho(or you have ueber gear)

edit: b4 going for the life wheel - why don't u go written in blood life nodes first? also +30str on your way and less skill points
Last edited by Saddamski on Dec 3, 2013, 8:46:58 AM
Hello OP,

How many unreserved mana do you have after running 2 percentage auras + tempest shield+clarity?

And can you post your stats please?

Thanks
Hey Nugi. i use ur build, well.. wanted to but i changed the tree a little, can u check and say what u think about it.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABLMIZxGWFE0WbxcvGDwZhRmKGjIaOBqPGtsc3B0UHpQj9iSqKMUo-imlLYMtqC9vNuk62D3iQ2NFnUZxSn1MNU3YTipRYFXGVdZWLVb6WPVaSFuvZOdmnmegb55wfXC7cU16qn11f8aApIFvgh6Cx4MJh3aIQox2j0aQVZMnkzqXBprPmuCbtZ3EnjyiAKcIp4Splaw_rH-xkLQMtzG307fWuJO7470nwBrBxcM6xKLKSs9l0NDTftfL2RPbC9tZ3FfdDeGI42rr7uw47g7veu_w8Xbzvvba-ej60vsJ_MX-ug==

i will explain the reason of those changes

pros:
more armor
more mana
additional curse
more ele res and chaos res

cons:
less hp
ur spell block stay at 70 % instead of 75

i know u play hardcore, u just need more more hp, but it might work also with 4k hp at end. (around 4.5k hp with lvl 90) i just added more arm/es nodes from templar section.
the es gives bonus mana from items based on es. and armor always boost ur grace and items if u have any arm on it, i saw u have 50% eva near scion, i just skipped it.
instead of all those life nodes at the center of tree, i just took those next to templat, its less around 50 % but u gain more armor %.
i have 10k arm at the moment with grace (lvl 19) that way, u also recvive 16 all res from those nodes.

my gloves and helmet are armor/es based. and those gives a little boost too.

i also wear windcreams for additional curse instead of raimbows, they also gives u more resis and 1 free curse which u can put on ur tempest shield with curse on hit or in cast on dmg.
i personally use enfeeble and temp chain, u can also use ele weakness becouse temp has around 6 sec duration only, that way u could gain more survi or deal more dmg, depending which one u choose :)
windscreams have only arm base, so putting them for rainbows makes u loose a lot of mana, but u gain it back by picking all those arm/es nodes i mentioned before.

that way i can get around 30 % more all resis from tree, i also added the 16% chaos dmg from tree, and becouse of bigger amount of ele resis, i can focus on chaos res from other items, and easly gain around 50 chaos + 28 from tree.

it also gives u suri. the only problem is that u can be 1 shoted from bosses like vaal on maze.
i made piety 77 easly. and the 78 (countryard) with 3 bosses, without any problems, by made means i didnt die. didnt have to go out for potions or something. all went smoothly. in party it looks like u do no dmg, but u can stand the bosses easly.

those changes gives more armor/mana/and ele resis but less life nodes. even with that amound there shouldnt be any problems, as said, unless u get 1 shooted ;P

oh.. the block chance for spells is 70 % becouse u give up on rainbowstrides. i think its not bad anyway.

maybe u will find something usefull from those changes :), or create alter build for both hardcore and softcore players

the dmg when i run solo or with 1-2 people is really nice, but when u are in 5-6 people team i just see that dmg makes almost nothing, all the monsters are dead before u stack u incin to lvl 3, that way in party i more like tank/support. i know there are no tank in poe, but i just keep spamming dual curse, taking all the monsters on my face and in addition casting spell totem with skele on my back ;) that makes my team members reciving less dmg and dying less.

"
CNwhitenight wrote:
Hello OP,

How many unreserved mana do you have after running 2 percentage auras + tempest shield+clarity?

And can you post your stats please?

Thanks

my clarity is lvl 19, i have 1400 free mana from 5000 after i turn on all auras
ign: @Szczerbaty_wonsz
Last edited by drjansiu on Dec 4, 2013, 10:26:29 AM
ops. double post ;P
ign: @Szczerbaty_wonsz
Last edited by drjansiu on Dec 3, 2013, 9:34:57 AM
@drjansiu

I think you reversed the "pros and cons" tabs just wanted to point to it incase you wanted to change that.

@nugiyen

Hey, I really like the build so far, just like to ask if you could add what bandits you help/kill as it might help some people if they wanted to follow the build to the tee.

Also like to ask if you could put in the build what items/kind of items you'd recommend using for people who can't afford/find decent roll of the uniques until they get them(I know it more or less requires you to have the uniques but just something that can be used until aquisition of the right items.)Or just make a quick post about it.

And what would you use if you only had 4 link Cloak of Defiance?

I'm also curious if you you would do the build different in softcore and what would change.
"
Norroxed wrote:
@drjansiu

I think you reversed the "pros and cons" tabs just wanted to point to it incase you wanted to change that.

@nugiyen

Hey, I really like the build so far, just like to ask if you could add what bandits you help/kill as it might help some people if they wanted to follow the build to the tee.

Also like to ask if you could put in the build what items/kind of items you'd recommend using for people who can't afford/find decent roll of the uniques until they get them(I know it more or less requires you to have the uniques but just something that can be used until aquisition of the right items.)Or just make a quick post about it.

And what would you use if you only had 4 link Cloak of Defiance?

I'm also curious if you you would do the build different in softcore and what would change.

i highly asume he took hp, cast speed, endurance charge. at least that's what i'd do ;P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info