[SERVICE]Improve your build here !

"
sogy21432 wrote:
Class: scion
League: domination
Currency: 20-50chaos
Main Skill: currently using double strike, and spectral throw.
Weapon: 2H axe.

I feel that attack speed is my limiter. If it wasn't there I'd be able to do more DPS. But I think there's no way to improve dps now with my current gear. I"m okay with my current gear except weapon because it's slow at 1.0 speed. I do only 8k with double strike + multisrike + add melee + faster attack. Or any other 4 combination gems! My spectral throw is mf linked.

I think there's two problems. One is my weapon attack speed is too slow and the other is I need a 6 link item.

Is there a way a 2H character can do 25k+ dps without having to use more than 2 elemental damage aura's? I'm feeling that dual wielding is getting more benefits because they have more attack speed and they have dual wielding block. Their dual strike pretty much means two weapons attack at once = their weapon can do high damage like a 2H AND the extra advantage of being faster. Just lower physical damage, which means lower life leech but I don't care about that...

Make my 2H work if possible, I don't want to switch away from 2H. I've tried linking on a different 5L armor different skills using lightning strike + add fire, add melee, multistrike, weapon elemental damage, and with hatred aura I only do around 13 to 16k damage with two +30% elemental damage rings.

More info: My character is a mf/melee. I have 199% mf. Here are gears. I think they are pretty should be good than enough to do high dps around 20k+ but I'm a little short of it that's why I'm sticking to maintaining my MF.... I just got those boots, it seems evasion boots will be hard to get RRRB so that's why I have warlords mark gem in it. I've used vulnerability and I think that works better but I dont have enough chromes to want to try to get RRRB yet.

Play Style---->

I can do easy monsters and solo fine at level 66-74 but I couldn't solo Dominus at 74(not enough dps which results in not enough survivability because I couldn't kill the respawning minions fast enough). I use double strike as single target and spectral throw is fine for easy groups and as the last mf hitting kill. I think partying up at level 69+ is also where my Dps starts to not be enough as I'm just chipping away, like 1/20 of monsters life bar with spectral throw and 1/10 with double strike.

Spoiler

skill link. I feel taking on more damage nodes wouldn't help much. I took two at about 10% each and they only increase my damage by about 100-200, dps about +500. I'm lvl 80, and might have missed
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAA8pc7KAOWbj1gQ4MJm12omlpSSsiKr5ARbqq18qlubEZybDIJeA1YrzboAec6UjJ-DjwUcacw974UIFBHQar46_cycql82ayqWfNZ_hfhbthOMiftGS7Uj7nd7w7nUlRJXz_2SIzPUFBYY8bYPycqTRUgg9v8S85xbBYs6d0N_MVW-ooiwPN89cCmZ6CHdkp97g4j9uJhlZtlpzWS_o9N46ZXMZ464fJF_grnY4jxrFnyL1uvTioppbZBOZZqk9XtwA_STb6n

The first thing that i think it'll help ALOT on your Spectral Throw DPS is switching faster projec for added fire. if you really want faster projectiles you can make some adjustments and get on the ranger skill tree. You weapon is pretty good but the AS really makes it kinda bad. it s a shame that it only have 4l because if it was a 5l you could yolo exalt to try to get some AS or Flat Phys. and let me tell you, if you get flat phys on that weapon, your damage will be INSANE.i made some changes in the tree and i just got 1 more damage node, wich is very good. you may think think its bad due the first node having accuracy but it totally worth. but your skill tree is fine the thing wich will increase your dps by alot is getting phys dmg on your rings and neck. might be hard finding a neck with high rarity and high phys but its for the best. i think that this is pretty much it, and any questsions feel free to ask.

ingame name : ZMorphS
"
hobo789 wrote:
Hey lvl 52 scion so far domination league.

Currency: 20-30 chaos

Main Skills: Heavy strike and ground slam for reduced stun threshold with stun gem. Enduring cry with increased area. Heavy strike on 6L and Ground slam on 4 link or I may just leave it to swap them when I go from aoe tank to boss tank.

Weapons: Mace and shield.

Goal: Tank everything and anything.

I want this guy to be super tanky with regen, ele resist and block. I would also like to stun as a proactive defense to protect others. Mostly this will be for end game maps. I realize that this may be over doing it or to redundant and thus nerfing other things. Like if I have 75% block do I need 10% hp regen? Or should I keep those and just go away from stuns with the mace.
Issues I am currently having: Mana: running purity and vitality aura, may drop purity if its unnecessary but would like to keep it. I could throw blood gem on them but need the extra damage supports to swing the stun. And on a side note the taunt from enduring cry is really bad. Trying it with increased aura now and its still meh and doesn't seem to work on yellows. I know it doesn't work on oranges.

Here is my current build with +40hp +18physical and +1 endurance charge as the 3 optionals.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAecCcQSzBS0M9xLhFCAUTRkuGYUaOBpVGmwc5x0UHt8g8CSqJ9Un7SjFKU8t0jGeNug26TrYOuE8LUE_QYdE50w1T1ZPfVBHUFBRYFHmVElXDVg9WGNeE18_YEthIWSjaHRqHmo7cH1yqXTteu98u3zZgFaBK4TviT-Mz5BVkc6Uh5SgnsWezZ_LoLSiAKZXpzCnhKgYqZWsqqyvr2yzP7Qvtz653bvtvq6-vMOGxBXEWMT2xYrGrsbY0iHYTdlh2mLfsuNq5CLnUueR6dXsOO8O8B_yL_JF877z3fZI9zL56PrS-6r-Cg==

Hello sir. so, first thing i would rercommend for your build is Lioneye's Remorse Unique Shield and The Anvil. They would be SO good for your build, especially The Anvil, wich would solve your mana problems. The Max Block is 75% (78% with the anvil percent). So i made some adjustments to your build. You have 33% of your shield + 35% of skill tree + 10% of the Anvil,letting your character with exactly 78% chance to block. I'd also recommend some spell block, but thats is your choice. UnwaveringStance without IR is not that good, since in party you would loss the grace aura and sutff, so i got it, and it'll make you even more tank. Since you will have so much block change i dropped some life regen nodes.
Take a look, and if you have any questions let me know !

"
CptCalamari wrote:
Hey mate,

Class: Scion
League: Domination
Currency: as less as possible since its one of my first toons
Main Skill: auras + spectral throw
Weapon: 1h sword/axe/dagger + shield
What do you want to do with your char? : support parties with my auras while being able to solo stuff too
More: i thinks it's pretty self explanatory. i want to run as many auras as possible, while not losing the ability to deal dps myself and keep some survivability.
At the moment my scion is level 44 and im using
4L ST + LMP + Added Fire + Faster Attacks
3L Double Strike + Faster Attacks + Life Leech
4L Reduced Mana + Anger + Haste/Hatred/Grace + Clarity

personally i think it might be fun to focus more on crit/daggers and power charges, but i dont know if i can fit that with all the aura talents

my current build on level 44:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAOygDlm49YEODCW-eykrDOpu1GYr7CfbaGo9GcbQM4YgdqpMnHNx_xhGWcLvZEy9vCGeTOr0nGDz56PKXm12omlpSSshuqrXyNZL-j03jplcxnqlueA1YrzboOlIyfg48Jwt2CEKj

best regards

Hello sir. Well the first thing as a aura guy you need to have is: the reduced mana on templar tree. They are SO strong for your build. That's a MUST HAVE node. Its very hard getting all recuded mana reserved nodes and still being tanky and with good damage, but i think i managed to di it. you may keep the projectile nodes if you want even more damage (on the scion tree) but i just dislike them. There's also a node called Mana Geyser wich is very good for your build so i would recommend you taking it too, u just didn't got on the tree i'm sending you because it would pass 100 points.
Ps: Alpha's Howl is a MUST in your build.

Thanks for the reply. I like the way to did it. I think I'll do it that way beginning with the templar aura nodes. I had Mana Geyser but i respecced it to get aura nodes faster, i might be getting it again. :)
Hey mate thanks for doing this really helps out to get a seconds set of eyes on builds!
Its new so I know there isn't much info out pretty much just want to see if my theory works out.

League: Nemesis
Currency: Have about an Exalted worth of Currency
Main Skill: Storm Call and thinking Cold Snap
Weapon: Wand
What do you want to do with your char? : Have fun, everyone I know stopped playing so just solo mapping etc.

More: The purpose I'm thinking is to use Cloak of Defiance for Mind of Matter and run Arctic Armour with Armour/Energy Shield gear for defense. Auras would prob be Discipline and Clarity and I'm thinking tempest shield in a Morrowsong wand for the blind and Double curse boots for Ele weakness and Conductivity.

The Plan: Cold Snap a group of mobs for the freeze/slow, decoy if needed then unleash Storm Call

Links: Storm Call >Concentrated Effect >Faster Casting >Life Leech >Lightning Pen/Increased area
Cold Snap >Cold Pen >Increased aoe > ele prolif
Then the standard defence of Codt >molten shell >enduring and a decoy on its own. With lighting warp >reduced duration >faster casting.

Build:
Last edited by Razorshadow on Nov 30, 2013, 6:55:40 AM
Class: 1 Scion 2 Shadow 3 Witch
Currency: Cheapest possible but probably won't work out very cheap
Main Skill: Elemental hit
Weapon: Wander.
What do you want to do with your char? : Kinda mf ranged, maps cuz the build probably only will work end game (lvl 66+)
More: I first wanted a physical wander build but my I caught Elemental Hit And I'm hoping I can make this work.
Its pretty much theorycrafting so if you could give advice on gear also that would be awesome

I made it now as a Scion because it has lots of lifenodes but I guesse starting from Shadow probably is better?
Build:

Thanks alot in advance!
Last edited by Phoutjes on Nov 30, 2013, 3:45:50 PM
"
Razorshadow wrote:
Hey mate thanks for doing this really helps out to get a seconds set of eyes on builds!
Its new so I know there isn't much info out pretty much just want to see if my theory works out.

Currency: Have about an Exalted worth of Currency
Main Skill: Storm Call and thinking Cold Snap
Weapon: Wand
What do you want to do with your char? : Have fun, everyone I know stopped playing so just solo mapping etc.

More: The purpose I'm thinking is to use Cloak of Defiance for Mind of Matter and run Arctic Armour with Armour/Energy Shield gear for defense. Auras would prob be Discipline and Clarity and I'm thinking tempest shield in a Morrowsong wand for the blind and Double curse boots for Ele weakness and Conductivity.

The Plan: Cold Snap a group of mobs for the freeze/slow, decoy if needed then unleash Storm Call

Links: Storm Call >Concentrated Effect >Faster Casting >Life Leech >Lightning Pen/Increased area
Cold Snap >Cold Pen >Increased aoe > ele prolif
Then the standard defence of Codt >molten shell >enduring and a decoy on its own. With lighting warp >reduced duration >faster casting.

Build:

Hello sir, and thank you for visiting the thread ! So what i did in your build: I dropped some aura effect to get more mana and mana regen as well as other reduced mana node.
I have one character with Cloack of Defiance and Artic armour and i found Iron Reflexes just perfect with this combination. The Damage Reduction of the Armour, Artic Armour and MoM is just too much,so i would consider you taking it. I didn't in your build but here is the heads up. So after the modifications i came up with this :

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGe31pM6V-HbWb0n-WUtqBg8IcOxkPnokNaDCYLHQYdGcW-eKPq3PrQM4YjKSuvu_gqTJx2qwzq4k3qq8kXnYxzc3FdWLZu1pwia4DrhiPF_xvF2HpSsfxmK2t2PRkWdplesWX5ZEZaio6w_-wkdFNDQTeM1knC7wfP22vrSm6HPZf6Pgh4aj2aeFy826We9VcbbC8AaZOckquNq7m8Wb5BVVdYZhaeEgKQaOOw4OthN2J48jHaBbwSzFE3wH4M4ogCdgO98YG0=
Spoiler

PS:Ele prolif is very good with Storm call. With a high cast speed you can focus the point of the Storm Call in one specific monster to increase the chance to shock, and this guy would prolif the shock to another mobs.
PS2: If you feel the AoE of Storm Call to low you can pick the 3 area nodes in the start of the build. Its 3 points for 12% AoE but its the best you can get with 3 points. If you are willing to spend 5, then take the Inc Aoe of the witch tree.
"
Phoutjes wrote:
Class: 1 Scion 2 Shadow 3 Witch
Currency: Cheapest possible but probably won't work out very cheap
Main Skill: Elemental hit
Weapon: Wander.
What do you want to do with your char? : Kinda mf ranged, maps cuz the build probably only will work end game (lvl 66+)
More: I first wanted a physical wander build but my I caught Elemental Hit And I'm hoping I can make this work.
Its pretty much theorycrafting so if you could give advice on gear also that would be awesome

I made it now as a Scion because it has lots of lifenodes but I guesse starting from Shadow probably is better?
Build:

Thanks alot in advance!

So i see you got Elemental Equilibrium to use with Elemental Hit.
This is a "not good" combination because you would have to avoid elemental damage in your gear wich will make your gear pretty specific and a bit expensive. I'll nto progress with the modificiations until you say if you really wanna try or not.
My advice: Run elemental hit with triple curse and drop EE.
"
Gula23 wrote:

So i see you got Elemental Equilibrium to use with Elemental Hit.
This is a "not good" combination because you would have to avoid elemental damage in your gear wich will make your gear pretty specific and a bit expensive. I'll nto progress with the modificiations until you say if you really wanna try or not.
My advice: Run elemental hit with triple curse and drop EE.

Hmm I'm not sure that I understand I tought Elemental Hit and EE went hand in hand. Finding a wand will probably be the hardest part then if I understand correctly. If its only the wand I would like you to continue.
you can not have ANY gear with added 1-12 lightning damage,fire, etc.

you would need rings and nekcs like this:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Taming

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info