[SERVICE]Improve your build here !

So, now i have alot of free time and i tought what can i do for fun?
I tought and came with the idea to help people doing their builds since i really like it.

FAQ

-Why should I ask YOU to help me with my build?

Well, I consider myself a experiencied player and i play since the beginning of the closed beta, and i guess i have a really good ideia of what a good build need it.

-Can i ask you ANY kind of build that you will make viable or make it better?

Well not even all build are viable, but i'll try my best to make at least decent.

-Why did you create your topic here?

Because its a new class and people might still don't know how to build it. But i'll help with all classes.

-How this will work?

You will put your info here:

Spoiler
"
Class: (Marauder,Duelist,Ranger,Scion,Shadow,Witch)
League: (Softcore/Hardcore/Domination/Nemesis)
Currency: How much are you willing to spend to make this build works?
Main Skill: The main Skill you will use.
Weapon: Staff? Wand? Sword? One Handed? etc.
What do you want to do with your char? : Grind,Farm Late Game maps, Have fun, Do Alot of Dps,Survive,etc.
More: Detail what you want with the build.

It's really simple, and if you have anything to ask feel free to do so.

PS:
If this topic doesn't work i won't "bump" it.
If I stop to work on this topic i'll let you know.
If you catch me online feel free to pm me and we will talk about the build.
ingame name : ZMorphS
Last edited by Gula23 on Nov 30, 2013, 5:20:03 PM
Hello,

"
Class: Scion

League: Nemesis

Currency: As less as possible

Main Skill: Trap+Cold Snap, Bear Trap, Fire Trap, 1 spell totem (maybe ice spear), CoDT (maybe Ice Nova)

Weapon: Dagger + shield, 2 daggers (switch)

What do you want to do with your char? : CI Trapper, Have fun, Crits, Freeze monsters!

"
More:
A shadow would have been better, i know, but i wanted to play as a Scion.

I want to freeze everythings with the cold snap trap and the spell totem. I currently playing in a small party (3 players) with 1 bow ranger and 1 dual totem templar (incinerate with knock back)

I am currently level 50 (A3 Cruel, framing at docks), i have 2 points to respec (the life and str ones).

STATS:
ES -> 2k (+CI)
Evasion -> Not enough
Res -> ~60% ~50% 75%

Current Tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAv4OSBEvEVARlhXXFr8c3B3ZJ6ksvy2oO-FCw0NURitGcU6bT79WY1ptW7td8m0Zb55wUXBScNV1in6wf8aDCYauiGuLeow2kyeZmp2joqOnK7GQtAy297d1t9a71sBRwcXB88NtykrUBdeG2FTbWd-E4vfjhOtj7BjuFfPq_Ks=

Planned tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAv4FtQ5IEHsRLxFQEZYV1xa_GYYb4BzcHdkgnCsKLL8tHy2oMHwyGDN4O-E9X0LDQ1RGK0ZxRwZOm0-_UUdRTFJTUzFWY1u7XfJtGW-eb7xwUXBScNV1infXfVt-sH8rf8aDCYauiEKIa4t6jDaNv4-mj_qQDZLzkyeZmp2joqOnK6xHsZCzA7QMtMW297d1t9a71r46wFHBAMHFwfPC7MNtykrUBdaK14bYVNsa21nb59-E4oDi9-OE5zrrY-wY7hXyHfPq9Uv8qw==

What do you think about that? Any advices?
Last edited by Obso1337 on Nov 27, 2013, 8:05:39 AM
Heya,

Class: Shadow

Currency: About 10 chaos

Main Skill:Totem with Spark, Bear trap, fire trap, Freezing pulse. Lightning curse?

Weapon: Not sure

What to do: Maps and have fun :)

Build as of now: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAES8TnhXnFr8mlVVLXfJh4m17cFJw1XOzfjOH24w2mZqkkbb3wFHVT95362Pwa_Pq

What Im looking for is how to go forth, regarding both the build, gear and gem setups.
"
Obso1337 wrote:
Hello,

"

Currency: As less as possible

Main Skill: Trap+Cold Snap, Bear Trap, Fire Trap, 1 spell totem (maybe ice spear), CoDT (maybe Ice Nova)

Weapon: Dagger + shield, 2 daggers (switch)

What do you want to do with your char? : CI Trapper, Have fun, Crits, Freeze monsters!

"
More:
A shadow would have been better, i know, but i wanted to play as a Scion.

I want to freeze everythings with the cold snap trap and the spell totem. I currently playing in a small party (3 players) with 1 bow ranger and 1 dual totem templar (incinerate with knock back)

I am currently level 50 (A3 Cruel, framing at docks), i have 2 points to respec (the life and str ones).

STATS:
ES -> 2k (+CI)
Evasion -> Not enough
Res -> ~60% ~50% 75%

Current Tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAv4OSBEvEVARlhXXFr8c3B3ZJ6ksvy2oO-FCw0NURitGcU6bT79WY1ptW7td8m0Zb55wUXBScNV1in6wf8aDCYauiGuLeow2kyeZmp2joqOnK7GQtAy297d1t9a71sBRwcXB88NtykrUBdeG2FTbWd-E4vfjhOtj7BjuFfPq_Ks=

Planned tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAv4FtQ5IEHsRLxFQEZYV1xa_GYYb4BzcHdkgnCsKLL8tHy2oMHwyGDN4O-E9X0LDQ1RGK0ZxRwZOm0-_UUdRTFJTUzFWY1u7XfJtGW-eb7xwUXBScNV1infXfVt-sH8rf8aDCYauiEKIa4t6jDaNv4-mj_qQDZLzkyeZmp2joqOnK6xHsZCzA7QMtMW297d1t9a71r46wFHBAMHFwfPC7MNtykrUBdaK14bYVNsa21nb59-E4oDi9-OE5zrrY-wY7hXyHfPq9Uv8qw==

What do you think about that? Any advices?

Hello sir, so usually when i'm playing in a hardcore league i get 200%+ Health or CI to be very safe. I noticed you had 142% ish energy shield, and since your group doesn't have any tank i made some changes to the skill tree getting 202% energy shield. I also saw that you were a pure evasion character wich is ok but when you got to maps and hard stuff on merciless you might suffer alot, especially when you are not tanky. so what I went for Iron Reflexes.
To get more ES you needed to take out some points and i choose the node "Master Sapper" (down tree) to take out since you would spend much points to get even more damage. and damage you already have alot. BUT if you still want more damage you have many options, as getting frenzy charges since you are ci and you will have blood rage, frenzy will give you mroe cast speed. You could go for Heart of Ice, a node near the witch tree wich also gives energy shield with the damage. I also got Ghost Reaver in case you want to use life leech. (you can just don't take it if you want). Don't forget to use quality Elemental Proliferation with Cold Snap ! :)

So i came out with this : http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAt9bbWS2osZCDCUZxb560DMpKkyc0ChmGRisc3H6wV8k3ZpLzTpt_xlu7AW8spqxHEZbBxaKjcFE8jqbrks2dow5ILL_sGIhCwfPYVIRIN4PrLPyr44SGro_6w23yHW0Z6roqTcBRiGvuFRXX2-c74S0fFSDz6nDVtve3ddeGRwYyGLvW4vePpizpcFIWv13ymZoRL1ZjwuyzAxFQpytSU90NQsPrY7TFb7yLej1fW6_fhCsKUzFOKgL-wQAppYw22xoQe_VLvjpfag==
"
Sholle wrote:
Heya,

Class: Shadow

Currency: About 10 chaos

Main Skill:Totem with Spark, Bear trap, fire trap, Freezing pulse. Lightning curse?

Weapon: Not sure

What to do: Maps and have fun :)

Build as of now: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAES8TnhXnFr8mlVVLXfJh4m17cFJw1XOzfjOH24w2mZqkkbb3wFHVT95362Pwa_Pq

What Im looking for is how to go forth, regarding both the build, gear and gem setups.

Hello sir. Well if you want to use totem the better option is to get double totem. In this case you wouldn't use freezing pulse. Also since you want to spend just a few chaoses i would recommend a HP Build. To be a sporker (spark + fork) you will need high crit chance so you can shock all the monster, doing this your damage will be increased by alot. Also double curse would be very nice. You would cast conductivity and elemental weakness. Both would help you alot. Conductivity due the + chance to shock and elemental weakness due to lowering monster fire resist (and lightning). I also recommend using lightning trap.

Look at what i came out with: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYA3nfVTxXn8Gtzs4w2VUsTniaVbXukkX4zXfJw1XBSwFHz6uOEFr-Ia-4VDkiH27b3t3Vh4hEvEZado_yrf8YnqVptJDynXElRwcWIQvIdgh5MLRdQAP0UsKyY99ebodDQj0YdFPrSZp7AGlnzKhNaKyyno_LDEzowOVK8N05tWAfPZVXGFm9nvYFJsjhmT6cIuJOnlNH9Xl026eNqJKoZhZ2qYqzWnZBVp4QaOOw4OthN2Ix2njyBbwSzAnEUTfAfogCDOO98flk=
Last edited by Gula23 on Nov 27, 2013, 9:17:57 AM
Thanks for the advices!

About Ghost Reaver, since life leech does not apply to traps i'll skip it.
Class: scion
League: domination
Currency: 20-50chaos
Main Skill: currently using double strike, and spectral throw.
Weapon: 2H axe.

I feel that attack speed is my limiter. If it wasn't there I'd be able to do more DPS. But I think there's no way to improve dps now with my current gear. I"m okay with my current gear except weapon because it's slow at 1.0 speed. I do only 8k with double strike + multisrike + add melee + faster attack. Or any other 4 combination gems! My spectral throw is mf linked.

I think there's two problems. One is my weapon attack speed is too slow and the other is I need a 6 link item.

Is there a way a 2H character can do 25k+ dps without having to use more than 2 elemental damage aura's? I'm feeling that dual wielding is getting more benefits because they have more attack speed and they have dual wielding block. Their dual strike pretty much means two weapons attack at once = their weapon can do high damage like a 2H AND the extra advantage of being faster. Just lower physical damage, which means lower life leech but I don't care about that...

Make my 2H work if possible, I don't want to switch away from 2H. I've tried linking on a different 5L armor different skills using lightning strike + add fire, add melee, multistrike, weapon elemental damage, and with hatred aura I only do around 13 to 16k damage with two +30% elemental damage rings.

More info: My character is a mf/melee. I have 199% mf. Here are gears. I think they are pretty should be good than enough to do high dps around 20k+ but I'm a little short of it that's why I'm sticking to maintaining my MF.... I just got those boots, it seems evasion boots will be hard to get RRRB so that's why I have warlords mark gem in it. I've used vulnerability and I think that works better but I dont have enough chromes to want to try to get RRRB yet.

Play Style---->

I can do easy monsters and solo fine at level 66-74 but I couldn't solo Dominus at 74(not enough dps which results in not enough survivability because I couldn't kill the respawning minions fast enough). I use double strike as single target and spectral throw is fine for easy groups and as the last mf hitting kill. I think partying up at level 69+ is also where my Dps starts to not be enough as I'm just chipping away, like 1/20 of monsters life bar with spectral throw and 1/10 with double strike.

Spoiler

skill link. I feel taking on more damage nodes wouldn't help much. I took two at about 10% each and they only increase my damage by about 100-200, dps about +500. I'm lvl 80, and might have missed
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAA8pc7KAOWbj1gQ4MJm12omlpSSsiKr5ARbqq18qlubEZybDIJeA1YrzboAec6UjJ-DjwUcacw974UIFBHQar46_cycql82ayqWfNZ_hfhbthOMiftGS7Uj7nd7w7nUlRJXz_2SIzPUFBYY8bYPycqTRUgg9v8S85xbBYs6d0N_MVW-ooiwPN89cCmZ6CHdkp97g4j9uJhlZtlpzWS_o9N46ZXMZ464fJF_grnY4jxrFnyL1uvTioppbZBOZZqk9XtwA_STb6n
Last edited by sogy21432 on Nov 29, 2013, 2:13:45 AM
Please post your skill build.
Hey lvl 52 scion so far domination league.

Currency: 20-30 chaos

Main Skills: Heavy strike and ground slam for reduced stun threshold with stun gem. Enduring cry with increased area. Heavy strike on 6L and Ground slam on 4 link or I may just leave it to swap them when I go from aoe tank to boss tank.

Weapons: Mace and shield.

Goal: Tank everything and anything.

I want this guy to be super tanky with regen, ele resist and block. I would also like to stun as a proactive defense to protect others. Mostly this will be for end game maps. I realize that this may be over doing it or to redundant and thus nerfing other things. Like if I have 75% block do I need 10% hp regen? Or should I keep those and just go away from stuns with the mace.
Issues I am currently having: Mana: running purity and vitality aura, may drop purity if its unnecessary but would like to keep it. I could throw blood gem on them but need the extra damage supports to swing the stun. And on a side note the taunt from enduring cry is really bad. Trying it with increased aura now and its still meh and doesn't seem to work on yellows. I know it doesn't work on oranges.

Here is my current build with +40hp +18physical and +1 endurance charge as the 3 optionals.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAecCcQSzBS0M9xLhFCAUTRkuGYUaOBpVGmwc5x0UHt8g8CSqJ9Un7SjFKU8t0jGeNug26TrYOuE8LUE_QYdE50w1T1ZPfVBHUFBRYFHmVElXDVg9WGNeE18_YEthIWSjaHRqHmo7cH1yqXTteu98u3zZgFaBK4TviT-Mz5BVkc6Uh5SgnsWezZ_LoLSiAKZXpzCnhKgYqZWsqqyvr2yzP7Qvtz653bvtvq6-vMOGxBXEWMT2xYrGrsbY0iHYTdlh2mLfsuNq5CLnUueR6dXsOO8O8B_yL_JF877z3fZI9zL56PrS-6r-Cg==
Hey mate,

League: Domination
Currency: as less as possible since its one of my first toons
Main Skill: auras + spectral throw
Weapon: 1h sword/axe/dagger + shield
What do you want to do with your char? : support parties with my auras while being able to solo stuff too
More: i thinks it's pretty self explanatory. i want to run as many auras as possible, while not losing the ability to deal dps myself and keep some survivability.
At the moment my scion is level 44 and im using
4L ST + LMP + Added Fire + Faster Attacks
3L Double Strike + Faster Attacks + Life Leech
4L Reduced Mana + Anger + Haste/Hatred/Grace + Clarity

personally i think it might be fun to focus more on crit/daggers and power charges, but i dont know if i can fit that with all the aura talents

my current build on level 44:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAOygDlm49YEODCW-eykrDOpu1GYr7CfbaGo9GcbQM4YgdqpMnHNx_xhGWcLvZEy9vCGeTOr0nGDz56PKXm12omlpSSshuqrXyNZL-j03jplcxnqlueA1YrzboOlIyfg48Jwt2CEKj

best regards
Last edited by CptCalamari on Nov 29, 2013, 3:45:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info