Poll: Are you LGBT friendly?

No problem with LBG, But the T... pick one, you are male or female and then are either LBGS.
Twitch.tv/Nithryok
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
"
Fire_Kid wrote:
I'm fine with it, just as long as no creeps start looking at me funny.

I shit you not, my girlfriend is lately creeped on by some stalker and now the scandal about it:

He seems to be heterosexual! :P

Aiiieee!!!! The horror!!!

Wait... that's a bad thing, right?
I am very internally conflicted on this topic.

On the one hand, intellectually and morally, I can find absolutely no fault in it. According to everything I believe in, and my own personal philosophy, I firmly believe that I should have absolutely no problem with gay, lesbian, or transgender people. I have, and likely will again, advocate on behalf of their rights, because the way the law treats them at times (particularly tax law) doesn't seem fair to me.

On the other hand, there is something about gayness that just really creeps me out, on the most fundamental level. Although thankfully almost all homosexual sexuality occurs behind closed doors, limiting my exposure, when I am somehow exposed by it I find it intensely revolting. Accidentally opening the door on a homsexual encounter would almost definitely make me vomit. The idea of a man being with another man elicits in me an emotion similar to a man who enjoys spending time scuba-diving in raw sewage. When dealing with openly homosexual people, I have to control where my mind wanders to keep myself centered on the now, rather than allowing myself to become disgusted.

I feel pretty silly about that, though. It's almost like having a deathly fear of clowns.

Still, for those who enjoy such a septic swim, there are no victims, there is no wrongdoing. It's wrong for anyone to punish people for engaging in such victimless behavior. But it's also wrong for me to be anywhere near that, so please, keep it to yourselves. I am, in truth, deeply homophobic; please give me some credit for at least being reasonable about it.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Nov 19, 2013, 8:29:24 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I am very internally conflicted on this topic.

On the one hand, intellectually and morally, I can find absolutely no fault in it. According to everything I believe in, and my own personal philosophy, I firmly believe that I should have absolutely no problem with gay, lesbian, or transgender people. I have, and likely will again, advocate on behalf of their rights, because the way the law treats them at times (particularly tax law) doesn't seem fair to me.

On the other hand, there is something about gayness that just really creeps me out, on the most fundamental level. Although thankfully almost all homosexual sexuality occurs behind closed doors, limiting my exposure, when I am somehow exposed by it I find it intensely revolting. Accidentally opening the door on a homsexual encounter would almost definitely make me vomit. The idea of a man being with another man elicits in me an emotion similar to a man who enjoys spending time scuba-diving in raw sewage. When dealing with openly homosexual people, I have to control where my mind wanders to keep myself centered on the now, rather than allowing myself to become disgusted.

I feel pretty silly about that, though. It's almost like having a deathly fear of clowns.

Still, for those who enjoy such a septic swim, there are no victims, there is no wrongdoing. It's wrong for anyone to punish people for engaging in such victimless behavior. But it's also wrong for me to be anywhere near that, so please, keep it to yourselves. I am, in truth, deeply homophobic; please give me some credit for at least being reasonable about it.

Do you feel like vomiting when you see two males kiss each other gently on each other's lips? As for seing other naked men: I think most straight males would find that disturbing, but that doesn't make them homophobic XD, it just means they don't like seeing other men naked, just like a lot of people don't like seeing 70+ year old people naked.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Nov 19, 2013, 8:41:40 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I have, and likely will again, advocate on behalf of their rights, because the way the law treats them at times (particularly tax law) doesn't seem fair to me.

Thank you.

"
On the other hand, there is something about gayness that just really creeps me out, on the most fundamental level. Although thankfully almost all homosexual sexuality occurs behind closed doors, limiting my exposure, when I am somehow exposed by it I find it intensely revolting. Accidentally opening the door on a homsexual encounter would almost definitely make me vomit.

Accidentally opening the door on ANY sexual encounter would be an awkward and stressful moment for me, too. Orientation of the participants does't matter.

"
When dealing with openly homosexual people, I have to control where my mind wanders to keep myself centered on the now, rather than allowing myself to become disgusted.

Intriguing. So now any time you see my posts on these forums, whether I'm debating the likelihood of another CoDT nerf or talking about the pros and cons of a certain skill/build or just talking about the movie I saw this weekend, you're going to have to fight yourself to NOT think about my sex life to the exclusion of all else?

"
Still, for those who enjoy such a septic swim, there are no victims, there is no wrongdoing.

Such a lovingly denigrating figure of speech, thanks.

"
But it's also wrong for me to be anywhere near that, so please, keep it to yourselves.
If we're talking about our weekends, I expect to be able to talk as openly about my weekend as you talk about yours. Any one who forces undesired sexually explicit conversation on anyone else is in the wrong, period. Again, orientation doesn't matter.

But, how often will that likely be part of a discussion between adults who recognize the basic tenets of courtesy? Hopefully never.

"
I am, in truth, deeply homophobic; please give me some credit for at least being reasonable about it.

I'm impressed at how open you are about your own internal conflict and, personally, appreciate you voicing your perspective.

[edit] Ahhh, you edited it to include the clown reference while I was typing this up. :) [/edit]
Last edited by Shurannei on Nov 19, 2013, 8:42:53 PM
"
Nithryok wrote:
No problem with LBG, But the T... pick one, you are male or female and then are either LBGS.

Uhm.... That's what the whole "T" is about... they are picking one. :)
"
Nithryok wrote:

You are a horrible person.
"
paraspam wrote:
"
Nithryok wrote:

You are a horrible person.

How so?

I wouldn't walk up to someone of that mind set and tell them off, I would ignore them and talk to them little as possible. They can be what ever they want to be, but very open with it in public places. It would be like a strait man going into a gay bar talking shit, or a gay man going into a strait bar hitting on guys.

There just some shit you don't do.
Twitch.tv/Nithryok
Having been in sales in the past, I have had to talk to the Big "T". We had a great conversation about computers and the games we were playing at the time. That an obvious man was dressed as a woman at the time, will be slightly off-putting to me due to my upbringing, I am also put off by tattoos. Neither is wrong, but neither is my reaction to both.

Treat people like fellow humans and they tend to treat you back the same way.

Spoiler
And if you research similar threads like this one, you will see my family welcomed my Niece's wife into the family this summer. I still love her
Spoiler
But hate her tattoos!
a few points

- Gay and lesbian marriage is purely an attempt to attack the nuclear family. Being gay was always an attempt to go against the normal. To try and normalize gay marriage, who cares except the Christians who need to stand for something or acknowledge they stand for nothing? Not even the far left really cares, to them all marriage is verboten.

- It really goes to show who controls the dialectic of this "modern" society. You can't say anything racist, sexist, or homophobic, or you get fired.

- Google MK Ultra

- Gays have always been part of society, social justice has not.

- Diversity and equality are the language of the Jewish Bolshevik.
Let the games begin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info