[lvl70 OB videos]Double Arcing Penetration Totems/Curse Traps and Summoner

"
renroval wrote:
Doesn't shock debuff like provide 120% more damage taken? That's pretty big.

I wonder if Ice Spear can incorporate minions...

Has this build ever had any problems?

The only maps I've ever had problems encountered a problem on, where chaos damage over time maps.
how is this doing in OB?
Is this build still viable in OB? There have been changes to the totems and minions lately. Would love to know.
Can you please post an OB updated version?
This is working fine in OB for me, so far.
Warbands IGN: GronkLord
1 Month IGN: FullGronk
Im also alot of success with this, im just curious how this fairs vs The ice spear build i see alot of witches running.
I'll prolly make a new vid soon. Just hit 69, and this build survived the heavy nerf that was intended for sparking totem casters. BTW sparking totems are still doing pretty decently as well.

I played as a forking sparker before lvl 50 to level up, and pretty much could solo any boss with skeleton spam. Which also helps if you have spell totem. Diety was a pain all around because I lacked resists.

With the way chaos resists work, and how there is alot more deadly physical ranged mobs in the game. I think this changes from a full time shield user, to a hybrid armor/shield user. Using a shield with 8% resist all, and added chaos resists are important. Along with aquiring as much fcr as possible.
Also scepters got buffed I think. I am using, would really like some fcr though.

Click here to see my talent tree so far.
Last edited by PSGMud on Jan 28, 2013, 12:14:32 AM
This is a pretty nice build, the double totem build lacks exactly that - the meatshield to let the totems do the work (without being swarmed). My question is though - if you are using minions to purely 'tank', why not skip the minion damage nodes, pick up the minion life nodes instead to ensure their survivability and you can completely skip the lower summoner node saving 8 points which could be thrown into cast speed for example
"
nieth79 wrote:
This is a pretty nice build, the double totem build lacks exactly that - the meatshield to let the totems do the work (without being swarmed). My question is though - if you are using minions to purely 'tank', why not skip the minion damage nodes, pick up the minion life nodes instead to ensure their survivability and you can completely skip the lower summoner node saving 8 points which could be thrown into cast speed for example

Minions do significant damage. The right spectre can be just as strong if not stronger than a totem itself. Burned Miscreation for example, has an ability called unrightous fire, that can do a permanent aoe that drops mobs in a second.

Minion damage is useful for dropping a rare mob that may be hard to kill. Since, rare mobs have been buffed a bit. Regenerative, resisting, and allies have shield mod types, rare mobs can take awhile to kill. But, minions can drop them very quick. Burned Miscreation can drop a rare mob like that in a matter of seconds.

You're correct though I could drop those points into fcr, which I intend on doing now.

With Minion Life and a couple amped up hybrid flasks that heal minions you will rarely lose your minions. Every time you click for mana, it will be healing your minions. Sataurated Hallowed Hybrid Flask of Animation is what you want. I don't have either of those yet, but, I haven't had an issue with my minions dieing so far.
Last edited by PSGMud on Jan 28, 2013, 1:32:22 AM
Nice :)

Just wanted to ask - do you have issues in heavy AOE situations - where mobs AOE like mad? Those in A3 mostly, fireballs, poison cloud thingies, fire traps, etc etc. Don't they wipe out your summons pretty fast? Once they do, i think the totems will be down in a matter of seconds as well right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info