[lvl70 OB videos]Double Arcing Penetration Totems/Curse Traps and Summoner

Did you take any +30 dexterity nodes? Some of the support spells seem to fall behind in level.

I'm currently leveling and using Spell Totem + Spark + Fork. Fork and Fire/Bear Traps I use seem to be stuck because of the low dex.

I use a boot that gives +30 dex but when I unequip it I won't be able to use 3 of my items, which I have upgrades to. Any suggestions? Should I pick the +30 dexterity node, or is it a waste and it would only be a temporary solution?
Torment Shop : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1121704
Last edited by ta3boo on May 31, 2013, 2:26:19 AM
Hey guys,

I started this build a while ago (4months I think). I am coming back to play it but I noticed loads of changes through new patches.
Do you think this build is still viable? It seems to me that people doesnt use health nodes that much and this build has many. would it make sense to go for armor or evasion OR just go straight CI?

Tell me what you think should make this build up-to-date.

"
NiNcsszaM wrote:
Hey guys,

I started this build a while ago (4months I think). I am coming back to play it but I noticed loads of changes through new patches.
Do you think this build is still viable? It seems to me that people doesnt use health nodes that much and this build has many. would it make sense to go for armor or evasion OR just go straight CI?

Tell me what you think should make this build up-to-date.

Don't think it's optimal build. Especially in video where OP have ~1600 combined es/hp at lvl 70 and no CI - it's a pretty much oneshot material for many mobs in maps 67+ and the higher lvl you are the harsher exp penalty is. Imo you can get both summons and double totems but you'll be either missing on summon nodes / dmg nodes or survivability nodes.

I rerolled from around same build to pure summoner, took all minion nodes, took CI and ES nodes, mana nodes for more auras upkeep and atm with mediocre gear i've 6500 ES and soloing maps 73 easilly with nice amount of IIR/IIQ. Imo safety first even on SC since droping a bunch of exp every time you die isn't fun at all.

By lvl 100 and great gear you can actually get a good amount of elemental/lightning dmg nodes to allow spork or ark totems deal enough dmg to make it worth your time but at lvl 80 as i see it you either build insane dps totems or undead army. Besides if you pick spectres on high lvl maps and change between chain support and lmp support depending on raised mob spectres steamroll everything on their way so not much need in extra dmg from yourself - it's often skele totem, 2 curses and stuff already dead.

P.S. Ppls still use health nodes and es nodes, just changes allowed you to take more punches before going down essentially giving more chances to avoid death on high lvl maps with retarded mods (like elemental weakness, 4 extra projectiles, 30% mob dmg on map packed with incinerators that take 3K of your ES with 1 projectile hit).
P.P.S. Don't go summoner if you like to play in group, build lags others hard (think it's a problem with game engine - get 2 summoners in 3 man group and enjoy permafreeze on top spec PCs).
thanks for the response Crizisrf.

I see your point. I actually enjoying summer builds and I dont plan to play in a party.
My only deterrent before was that it might be rather boring that you summon stuff and curse the enemy and then just wait for stuff to die. But if the summons are fast enough I guess I dont need to wait for a lot.

If I would go on a full Summoner route do you think I should take Minion Instability? Seems like a fun perk to have. But that would maybe need a fire penetration curse as well I imagine.

Do you have a link to the build that you use? I would like to check the exact tree that you are using or the one I should be using.

I wonder how this build would be if instead of going double curse, you go double totem crit arc.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info