[lvl70 OB videos]Double Arcing Penetration Totems/Curse Traps and Summoner

"
Emotionless wrote:
Would this be good for leveling up?
My first HC Witch I spec'd into minion life/dmg and it did nothing and leveling was so slow (ended up dying on one of bosses cuz I had no dmg.)

Early game summoners generally have to be carried I would think. And I agree with raafiq, it is painful trying to level up as a summoner first. Zombie and skeleton gems don't become decent until after you have your double totem. Which is also a conundrum since totems come much later on during leveling up.

In HC, you'd have to rely on a team to carry you, for being a summoner generally I would assume since I don't play HC. Middle to End game is where this build becomes self pretty sufficient.
Last edited by PSGMud on Dec 30, 2012, 8:50:21 PM
This looked like one of the most effective for quickly clearing maps. Is it still the case? Or have other builds trumped it with the recent changes?
In-game: WrongHoleBaby
Last edited by Sepelion on Jan 21, 2013, 11:26:03 AM
"
Sepelion wrote:
This looked like one of the most effective for quickly clearing maps. Is it still the case? Or have other builds trumped it with the recent changes?

Not sure, with the 30% cast speed nerf on totems. But, with diamond flasks disabled. I would assume that the only build that come close are elemental rangers, and sparkers. Elemental rangers don't do so well vs tough named mobs, and sparkers can have trouble with survivability.

In maps with strong corners, nothing comes close. Because totems can reach around 3-4 corners.

Right now, with CI nerfed, I think this build has the most survivability for the witch for an MF build. This is one of the few hybrid builds(str/int) that actually work out there.

Also, apparently, you can use support traps to do full damage to circumvent the double totem nullification of player damage. I'll have to play with support traps a bit. I wish I thought of this before, support traps offer more burst damage than I previously gameplanned.
Last edited by PSGMud on Jan 23, 2013, 5:15:02 PM
Can this build still work without the diamond flasks?
"
renroval wrote:
Can this build still work without the diamond flasks?

This build was never built around diamond flasks so yes.
I'm thinking of either going arc or ice spear (the other build posted here). Ice spear doesn't involve minions though so might have less survivability.

What are the advantages of this build over ice spear and disadvantages?

DO you minions survive end game or do they die quickly?
Last edited by renroval on Jan 23, 2013, 5:36:11 PM
"
renroval wrote:
I'm thinking of either going arc or ice spear (the other build posted here). Ice spear doesn't involve minions though so might have less survivability.

What are the advantages of this build over ice spear and disadvantages?

DO you minions survive end game or do they die quickly?

Afaik, the guy who uses the icespear build uses triple curses via a unique boot item. Both are about the same damage when he is using a triple curse, arc has range that can stretch across the maps. Icespear can kite. Don't really need that for Arc since most mobs are 1-2 shot. I would have to say, from what I remember playing with him, that my damage would be superior on named mobs. Whilst triple curse Icespear seems to be slightly superior to really large clumped up packs of mobs, and not superior to spread out mobs, like ranged mobs.

Once you get around 6+ mobs on the screen, killing potential goes down a bit for arcing, since it can only hit 6 mobs total at once.

Downside to this build vs a non hybrid caster is chaos damage over time. But, playing I rarely ever get hit with chaos damage.
Last edited by PSGMud on Jan 23, 2013, 5:49:10 PM
Yeah, I figured this build would do more damage with all the shock debuff. How come you do not take any of the critical strike chance/multiplier nodes like the frost? Wouldn't it do more damage?

Also, I'm assuming the frost build is the more defensive build out of the two with freezing etc? I do like having minions more though XD
"
renroval wrote:
Yeah, I figured this build would do more damage with all the shock debuff. How come you do not take any of the critical strike chance/multiplier nodes like the frost? Wouldn't it do more damage?

Also, I'm assuming the frost build is the more defensive build out of the two with freezing etc? I do like having minions more though XD

That was my initial idea, to have shock incorporated with summons, but, honestly... Shock debuff really isn't a factor. I never had a need for it.

I wouldn't say icespear is entirely more defensive though. It's about the same. It only becomes a problem for icespear if you or your totems get interrupted. If caught off guard and constantly interrupted, it could prove deadly. Like goatmen leaping in masses from outside the screen.
Last edited by PSGMud on Jan 23, 2013, 6:32:15 PM
Doesn't shock debuff like provide 120% more damage taken? That's pretty big.

I wonder if Ice Spear can incorporate minions...

Has this build ever had any problems?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info