1.0.1 Patch Notes

The cwdt nerf was kind of expected but not overall too bad. Can still use a reasonable level of enduring cry and molton shell. Free curse is still nice even if it will hit less enemies.

Really my only problem with it is having to buy new quality gems. Would be nice if cwdt would just reduce the effectiveness of the gems it's linked to when it's a lower level instead of requiring lower level gems.
[Removed by Admin]
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Nov 12, 2013, 5:45:00 PM
Great, when the CoDT gets nerfed now i would have to lose 2,5 times my whole hp to activate any of my lvl 17 skills bound to it.... And my molten and reju totem are more than essential for me to survive in merciless, therefore i give my thanks to this, it truly f***ed up my build.
"
Ausgelebt wrote:
"
Vorthaz wrote:
"
Ausgelebt wrote:
and what do people now do that have codtlvl 1 linked to lvl 18+gems? spend 23828932 currency ffor scourings or what?

They do what they did before cast when dmg taken even existed?

I started this game 2 weeks ago, I spent lots of currecny to get codt with the defensive stuff linked to it which is now useless.

You big baby, try to think of ways to use it instead of crying that it's useless. Face it, it's was way too fucking powerful and needed to be toned down... End of the story.
Dem metal chickens
I CANT undestand one thing - why just dont make reverse progression based on % of hp on which you were hit? Its just retarted - ALL triggers have % based proc chance - ofc EVERYONE will use the only one (exept kamikadze one ^_^) gem which have flat damage requirement...

Simple: first level - you must be hitted on 66-75% of hp/es pool (which, since it will be around end of normal, is very rare and means you are in some troubles). Got levels of gem high enough? Grats, now gem proc then damage exceeded 25-33% of hp/es pool. Everyone happy - for st least some easy life you need EARN it. And gem will be actually usefull on ALL levels of it...

P.S. My point stands - the guys who tested Trigger Gems FAILED to do this job properly...
Steam purchase failed not fixed yet ?
Cmon GGG, still cant use it from the 1st day of release :\
I have no idea what shit this will be tho ...

Patch 1.0

We nerf GRP play by giving them more hp
(time to solo)
Araus nerf = Solo Nerf
CODT = Solo Buff

BM = RiP for nearly everybuild cause of the araua changes

Patch 1.1

Time to nerf Solo play ...
Time to kill CODT
"try" to buff BM ...

RiP Purity ...
why the hack i need 3 Resist auras when they are all 40% or what the hack is this sh**

I supported this game cause i tho this game has potentinal and was great ...
now i think it is time to quit ...
I think that I will become one of many who says something negative about this nerf of CoDT but I hope it adds to the civil discussion anyway.

There's undoubtedly several ways you could have nerfed the gem in a better way, the one you chose being one of the worst ways of doing it that you possibly could in my opinion.

Alternatives in my personal best order:
1. Make the damage needed to proc % based and make it less as you level the gem, flip the % reduction of damage around so that it get's higher as you level it. This will make it so that tanky characters can level the gem to max level with a high str requirement and leave the gem in the defensive slot for str melee with little impact to the final result.

2. Keep the damage needed to proc % based and make it less as you level the gem, flip the % reduction of damage around and KEEP THE CHANGE YOU CURRENTLY ARE PROPOSING. This has similar results as the first idea but with other implicate effects that mostly would hurt people who want to do damage through the gem.

3. Keep the damage needed to proc at either a fixed value or a % and keep the gem otherwise the same but add either an area for the damage to count which is a close melee range, a longer cooldown or make the low levels have close to or a full 100% reduction in damage.

4. Keep the gem as it is and add the mana costs back to the casts.

There's many other ideas but those are the best options in my eyes, YOUR current way of changing it wouldn't even make it top 10.

Please, Chris and you others, rethink this because the change as it is now hurts people way, WAY too much, most will just stop using the gem and go back to the incredibly clunky casting of needed survivability skills that break the flow or they will need to spend a LOT of scourings to get their quality gems down to usable levels.

I would love an answer with input on what your thoughts are on all this even though I know you have a lot to do.

Cheers
Easy
"%^#*##*%$#&^&(&(%$^*&" - Flameblast 1.0.4
Last edited by easymagicoz on Nov 12, 2013, 7:43:35 AM
"
Mortal Conviction has been improved from 30% to 40% less aura mana reservation.

So now purity takes 17% of your life instead of 20%. WOW.
Great, but I feel like a lot of these changes could have been made... like during a beta. What is the point of claiming a release if it's like a beta (or the opposite) ?

And I don't understand how some settings are obviously overpowered (or useless) for any player apart from GGG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info