1.0.1 Patch Notes

"
Chris wrote:
"
They also decided to buff group play again with the increased monster health part.

It's more and more obvious that they're trying to force group play now.

The much higher monster life in 1.0.0 for groups has really disincentivised playing in them. There was a major shift towards solo play. That's why we reduced the new group monster health bonus slightly in this patch.

so while solo players suffers huge under various nerfs - groupplay gets another buff?
on what arguments do you make those changes?

why are nerfs needed anyway?
if you made something new and alot of players using it because its fun and/or useful why can't you be proud of what you made instead of feeling the pressure to nerfing it because many players using it?
sorry i don't understand your decisions anymore
"
Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem. Edit: Many people seem to be reading this wrong.

They used my suggestion!
Dammit!
so you nerfed molten shell +codt but those players braking the game with codt + discharge is ok? nice move...
IGN: Ziggro
"
Chris wrote:

Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem. Edit: Many people seem to be reading this wrong.

Rellay dont like exceptions being added to fix unbalanced gems.

Why doesnt it effect "curse on hit", "cast when stunned" and so on, but only the "cast on damage taken" gem? it is more kludging, than fixing and makes it harder to find your way in the game.

EDIT Suggestion: just drop the cast chance from 100% to 10% or so at lvl 1.
that would fit the way the other "cast on .." gems work.

great work anyway. thx for the patch!
Last edited by PopeJo on Nov 12, 2013, 8:18:10 AM
"
Ausgelebt wrote:
"
Vorthaz wrote:
"
Ausgelebt wrote:
and what do people now do that have codtlvl 1 linked to lvl 18+gems? spend 23828932 currency ffor scourings or what?

They do what they did before cast when dmg taken even existed?

I started this game 2 weeks ago, I spent lots of currecny to get codt with the defensive stuff linked to it which is now useless.

buy level 1 versions of the gem for 1 alch each and continue to use CWDT? Save your level 18 gems for manual casting or when they buff CWDT in the future?
Yep - done some math.

CwDT have one alternative - Cast then Stunned... Which have 51% of procing on friggin TWENTY LEVEL of gem. Yep - thats it. Oh, and its wont work with Unwawering Stance ofc.

So here i am, doing my first serious melee build (since i mostly tend to use ranged ones) - and i simply REFUSE to go Path of Life and doing nice mix of resisntance, damage and life... Got to Merciless - after the AWE about difficulity rocketjump i finally decided enough is enough and got myself CwDT. You can guess the rest - it helped.

And now this. I have two alternatives - spend some WEEKS on brainless farm in order to reach so called end game (in fact - very beggining of it) or getting PoE in frezee for some time. Why latter? Simple - in order to use CwDT i will need to be hitted of ****ing 1/2 or 2/3 of my whole HP pool!!!
And argument about casting decoy and molten shell myself wont work here - because you need to actually CAST it... And in the heated fight this is suicide...

Just... I think i will done trapper and maybe crit-reave and be done with game for a while. Probly until then GGG you are actually DO something about "Path of Life Stack"...

P.S. Very great patch, which shows outstanding job done with game... And completly TRASHED by One Simple Change...
Last edited by Stripes on Nov 12, 2013, 7:35:31 AM
"
Zerberster wrote:
ow are we supposed to create builds if we can't rely on skills staying at least roughly the same?

This
My condolences for people who spent loads of currency to achieve their actual configuration, only to get shafted.
Also for people who built around this skill and now their whole character is unplayable. I don't think there are many like them, but for the actual ones getting FORCED to change to a cookiecutter build, it's horrible from a game design perspective.

For me, I'll stop using CODT completely in favor of Faster Casting. Same power, more annoying, thanks GGG

Last edited by plesi42 on Nov 12, 2013, 7:38:08 AM
"
aimlessgun wrote:
"
Nycro wrote:
Thanks for that Cast when Damage Taken nerf, do you expect me to use 15 scourings on all the gems I had linked to it? If you're going to force us to level it at least make it less horrible at high levels.

Yup.

The trigger damage is ludicrously high at higher levels.

What does it help if my chars are dead LOOOOOONG before it triggers?

I now have two choises:
- don't use this gem
- respec all my points into life-nodes to get enough life for this gem to trigger

If you don't run with 50000000 HP this gem is now USELESS!

PS: end if you have 5000000 HP it is useless too as the rest of your equip is top end too where you don't need this gem anymore as even Dominus dies with one hit!

PPS: @Wargaming ... is it so freaking hard to balance stuff by using small changes?? Like 5% changes or even 1%, 2%? Or must it allways been done like Neandertalers with the big wodden club?
Last edited by Schakar on Nov 12, 2013, 7:37:49 AM
"
Odoakar wrote:
Just made a quick analysis of my characters, I'll need around 24 orbs of scouring to get my gems down to CoTD acceptable levels.

Can I get mine 24 scourings, GGG?

unless ur linked gems are q20 or you want to run high level versions of the gem why don't you just buy lvl 1 versions of the gem for 1 alch instead of using 24 scourings?
All this nerfs reminds me to blizzard...and I stopped playing blizz games. I like when u can choose the way u want to play the game cos its fun, but when devs want to choose the way the players have to play it start to be boring. Nerfing isnt the solution, what happens now with the amount of ppl who based their build in Cwdt etc. Will GGG give them a full respec and the +30 Scouring needed to level down their gems? Players will drop their chars or simple leave the game. I wasted lot of currency to my actual gear setup and now its useless, great job GGG. I think the solution for the Cwdt is to reverse his effect. A gem wich is overpowered at lv 1 and useless at lv 20? why dont make the gem lower the life req for the trigger as it rises? u will have all ppl happy leveling the gem
Last edited by Satousp on Nov 12, 2013, 7:51:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info