1.0.1 Patch Notes

Chill people it will be okay also please realize that you won't have to level the new CoDT gem very high to achieve acceptable benefits from both end cry and molten shell. I know many of you are new to this but some of us have been around for a long time and have seen GGG change things over and over for the better.
Last edited by twistedforce on Nov 12, 2013, 5:36:05 AM
"
urjoh wrote:
What, no 'adjustment' to elemental adaptation? This is massively op keynode, at the very least move it behind blood magic.

Sarcasm is strong in this one.
RIP CWDT. It's been real fun.

I used it defensively, like so many others, because having Immortal Call, Enduring Cry and Warlord's Mark pop in at any time was absolutely amazing. For my duelist, it helped a lot with not desync-dying. I didn't even mind the fact that Molten Shell (which I've occasionally used) exploded for only 400 dps, because I could benefit from the extra 888 armour it provided, and that's all I needed really.

I felt that those who wanted to use it offensively were being left out, and that it definitely should be changed somehow ... but, hey, now it's pretty much unusable for anyone..

An idea would have been to:
- increase the total damage requirement for CWDT level 1 to 1220
- as the gem levels up, decrease it to something like 440 at level 10
- and start increasing it again to 1220 by the time the gem hits level 20.

Add to that the gems supported need to be of the same level as CWDT, and some sort of balance to the x%less Damage - and I think nobody would have been that upset. Every use of the gem would have involved both advantages and sacrifices.

Now, I can't think of a way of using it in a balanced way. Leveling it maybe half-way would be a solution, but then you would have to always take a lot of damage before it kicks in. This either doesn't happen, because you kill everything faster, or is impracticable, because nobody really likes living on the edge permanently. Blockers block so can't use it, casters are frailer so can't take the damage that much so can't use it, rangers either evade or take it or whatever else, but still don't think that would be comfortable with taking that much damage to benefit from the gem, any other brutes out there either kill a mob before the gem kicks in, or block, or whatever. It may still have a use in boss fights, but no more comfort zone.

The aura thing that everybody's complaining about - I definitely don't understand party-playing that much to see it.

The opinion of a solo-player is that the new auras are actually useful, because I find that it's easier to get max values for 2 resist, but the 3rd was always problematic by end-game. So now, you could just concentrate on maximizing 2 resists and use an aura for the third. This is not always so easily achieved, but it can be done.

Perhaps if the mana requirement for the 1-resist auras would have been down at 30%, people wouldn't have bitched about it so much.

Im saddened that CwDT had to be nerfed to unusability. As i see it, casting molten shell, rejuvenation totem and warlords mark instantly (in my case) is not a huge advantage, this was a buff that melee endgame characters needed, i still take a shitload of dmg standing in the front tanking mobs in maps or wherever but that gem, being fairly difficult to attain has helped me alot. I suppose i will have to replace it with faster casting again.

I have been trying to play melee endgame pretty much and it just doesnt get fun to play when you can just watch the ranged characters stay behind you and just click at the mobs not worrying about enduring cry, molten shell, rejuvenation totem. The only thing they might do is overcurse my warlords mark with elemental weakness and i will have no time to tell them not to or curse again because i need to hit mobs to keep my hp up.

Make it cause supported gems to do no damage at all at level 1 and unable to cast linked support gems instead.

My lvl 72 nemesis pure phys dual sword duelist will probably just sit in my character list looking at the new ranged character im rolling for endgame instead because im lazy.
I'm no beast of burden...
Last edited by Pheenix on Nov 12, 2013, 5:47:59 AM
A fair number of people are misunderstanding the change to Cast when Damage Taken. A level 1 CwDT gem can support higher than level 1 versions of other gems. It's the level requirement that is checked, not the actual level.

We've tested many, many builds with this change and most characters still gain a lot of benefit from the skill. We'll keep an eye on how it performs after the patch hits and will adjust balance further (the damage thresholds, potentially) based on data.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Sigh, the whining is getting more and more ridiculous. To all the people that are crying that their characters will be useless without COTD in its current form, if your character REQUIRES COTD to do well, then your character was shit to begin with.
"
haplessG00N wrote:
Nothing but hate for the codt gem change. Doing a cooldown or if you insist on this change atleast make the damage taken less would be better!

Agree!
IGN: Aleep,Fly_Toy
As I already said:

Cast on Damage should have had a radius to trigger the gem. This way melee can still use it as it was intended (mostly for defensive abilities since they are in the fray) and it would only proc for Ranged characers when they get mobbed (which is when they need it
"
Chris wrote:
Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem. Edit: Many people seem to be reading this wrong.

What is the reasoning behind this change from its current iteration?
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
Last edited by Chameleon on Nov 12, 2013, 5:36:48 AM
I just want to thank you GGG for saving 24 Chaos Orb - I will not buy CODT, thasnk you once again.

Anyway, you should shame - you give us this gem on release, then you introduced some minor fix and now, we get a huge slap in our face with this nerf. Add purity nerf to CoDT and we get this - solo play sux in each aspect. Did you thought about people who leveled their gems and get some nice gear for them to link with CoDT??

Now I want Reaper of Souls and Grim Dawn much more after this pretty nerf.

At least I can play BF4 :0.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info