1.0.1 Patch Notes

"
shoty2k wrote:
CoDT nerf is the first that really gets me so that i start posting here. Which i normally never do.

I really start to question how good you are at designing the gameplay of this game. You introduced the gem to 1.0.0 the major release Version and it was beyond broken. What kind of testing do you guys do? You even encouraged people to think about possible combinations and that they were more clever ways to use it but apparently never checked them out yourself. I still can't think of any explanation why you put such bad design in your release Version. Then you nerfed it once with the delay which was quite good i think.

The gem itself managed to make melee finally more viable because you could cast Molten Shell or Enduring Cry and a Decoy Totem automaticly which gave the players more time to fight. So it made a fluent gameplay possible. When i do this now i am already surounded by monsters or in partys everything is already dead bevor i even start thinking about attacking. I feel that this was not intended in the first place you just oversaw this aspect even though it is a good one.

Then you always say that you want build diversity but apparently this only comes because after every patch the builds get nerfed or destroyed until someone figured out a new coockie cutter build. While i can get around itk, it must be really frustrating for newer players to always change their builds and in the end they follow only the tested guides and stop trying out something for themself because it is to expensive.

I don't know if you already recognized this but right now people already stop posting guides or giving tipps on very good builds because they are afraid of getting nerfed! People don't longer look in their stash to see what build they can do or what items the need, they start checking the patch notes and next updates to see if a build is viable or not. If this goes on the game will start loosing more and more players.

TL:DR: Please just stop with your 2 steps forward 1 step back desing.

Agree completely.
"
Chris wrote:
A fair number of people are misunderstanding the change to Cast when Damage Taken. A level 1 CwDT gem can support higher than level 1 versions of other gems. It's the level requirement that is checked, not the actual level.

We've tested many, many builds with this change and most characters still gain a lot of benefit from the skill. We'll keep an eye on how it performs after the patch hits and will adjust balance further (the damage thresholds, potentially) based on data.
"
Gredik wrote:
rip my tri-curse burning discharger, casting 3 curses manually per monster pack is sooo tedious...

lol, discharger haha.. dont whine and get you some of the new mana flask, which give you a frenzy, an endurance and a power charge and get avatar of fire keystone and you're OP again in easymode.. no worries, no worries at all

will star one as well, but a pure evasion, to get my hands on "herbalism" keystone lol
Last edited by gloobonious on Nov 12, 2013, 5:40:18 AM
holy shit the QQ is hilarious

"oh no i'll have to selfcast muh enduring cries ;-;"

well boo fucking hoo, please quit, the community will be better for it.
Kuduku giveth and Kuduku taketh away.

IGN: QueenAtziri
Last edited by QueenAtziri on Nov 12, 2013, 5:40:25 AM
"
fr00t wrote:

"
Fenric wrote:

Make the damage required to trigger calculated prior to mitigation.

That doesn't really solve any problems, but specifically buffs armor relative to evasion/block.

I'm not sure I understand.

I think making it calculated prior to mitigation would make it still worth using at high character levels, especially in maps. Perhaps you misunderstood what I meant. Any damage directed to your character that gets mitigated, including being totally negated by block or evade, counts towards triggering the gem. Damage that is not negated by block or evade, gets counted prior to being reduced by armor and or resistances.

As it stands the proposed change seems like it would benefit a character that takes damage and counters it with life leech the most.
"
shoty2k wrote:
CoDT nerf is the first that really gets me so that i start posting here. Which i normally never do.

I really start to question how good you are at designing the gameplay of this game. You introduced the gem to 1.0.0 the major release Version and it was beyond broken. What kind of testing do you guys do? You even encouraged people to think about possible combinations and that they were more clever ways to use it but apparently never checked them out yourself. I still can't think of any explanation why you put such bad design in your release Version. Then you nerfed it once with the delay which was quite good i think.

The gem itself managed to make melee finally more viable because you could cast Molten Shell or Enduring Cry and a Decoy Totem automaticly which gave the players more time to fight. So it made a fluent gameplay possible. When i do this now i am already surounded by monsters or in partys everything is already dead bevor i even start thinking about attacking. I feel that this was not intended in the first place you just oversaw this aspect even though it is a good one.

Then you always say that you want build diversity but apparently this only comes because after every patch the builds get nerfed or destroyed until someone figured out a new coockie cutter build. While i can get around itk, it must be really frustrating for newer players to always change their builds and in the end they follow only the tested guides and stop trying out something for themself because it is to expensive.

I don't know if you already recognized this but right now people already stop posting guides or giving tipps on very good builds because they are afraid of getting nerfed! People don't longer look in their stash to see what build they can do or what items the need, they start checking the patch notes and next updates to see if a build is viable or not. If this goes on the game will start loosing more and more players.

TL:DR: Please just stop with your 2 steps forward 1 step back desing.

100% AGREE!
"
Thanks for screwing solo players further.

yea... making maps easier to find and improving map bosses really screws solo players?

cry more and go back to d3 if you want easy gameplay

and im happy with the CoTD nerf, that thing was way to powerful and even with the nerf will still be used by every single player

thank you GGG for making the game challenging! Send all the casuals back to D3
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Nov 12, 2013, 5:42:33 AM
"
FINALBOSS wrote:
As I already said:

Cast on Damage should have had a radius to trigger the gem. This way melee can still use it as it was intended (mostly for defensive abilities since they are in the fray) and it would only proc for Ranged characers when they get mobbed (which is when they need it

Brilliant suggestion, it was meant for melee in the first place!
give us passive reset.
CoD and now CoDT dead gems as alrdy said. RIP CoDT as CoD from start.

But still why nerf Enfeeble? Why? For what? Enfeeble was best for EVA based players...
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info