1.0.1 Patch Notes

"
shoty2k wrote:
CoDT nerf is the first that really gets me so that i start posting here. Which i normally never do.

I really start to question how good you are at designing the gameplay of this game. You introduced the gem to 1.0.0 the major release Version and it was beyond broken. What kind of testing do you guys do? You even encouraged people to think about possible combinations and that they were more clever ways to use it but apparently never checked them out yourself. I still can't think of any explanation why you put such bad design in your release Version. Then you nerfed it once with the delay which was quite good i think.

The gem itself managed to make melee finally more viable because you could cast Molten Shell or Enduring Cry and a Decoy Totem automaticly which gave the players more time to fight. So it made a fluent gameplay possible. When i do this now i am already surounded by monsters or in partys everything is already dead bevor i even start thinking about attacking. I feel that this was not intended in the first place you just oversaw this aspect even though it is a good one.

Then you always say that you want build diversity but apparently this only comes because after every patch the builds get nerfed or destroyed until someone figured out a new coockie cutter build. While i can get around itk, it must be really frustrating for newer players to always change their builds and in the end they follow only the tested guides and stop trying out something for themself because it is to expensive.

I don't know if you already recognized this but right now people already stop posting guides or giving tipps on very good builds because they are afraid of getting nerfed! People don't longer look in their stash to see what build they can do or what items the need, they start checking the patch notes and next updates to see if a build is viable or not. If this goes on the game will start loosing more and more players.

TL:DR: Please just stop with your 2 steps forward 1 step back desing.

Completely agree.
"
Fixed an issue where check marks would appear on Notable and Keystone passive skills, even though is currently no related challenge.

A few of my nodes (acceleration and alacrity below) still have ticks against them?

Full sized images here: http://imgur.com/BJSJKSX / http://imgur.com/iXbn1tN

Edit: Slightly overlooked the fact that the patch has yet to be released!
IGN: Gumaru / Gumario / FoonNotSpork / Shield_For_Pants / Shockingly_Expensive
Last edited by danzha on Nov 12, 2013, 5:43:49 AM
Great patch after all, good change on CwDT since no gem should be obligatory. I also like the changes to maps.
So sad to hear about the CoDT gem.

Despite the fact it was displayed in the build of the week video as being used defensively as most people are using it they still have gone and nerfed it which I'm willing to accept, though it does seem abit odd they would showcase it in a build in the way the majority of people went ahead and used it and then go and remove that from us.

Damn that dude who killed Dominus using only CoDT and no active skills, you have seem to have spoilt it for the rest of us :(

Oh well! Sad day indeed.
Last edited by Karix86 on Nov 12, 2013, 5:42:46 AM
I'd like to say, it was probably my first time ever even considering to use "rejuvination totem" with codt.
which is a dead gem, as we all know, just like sweep.
I guess itll get put back into my stash and never be used again.
"
cryptc wrote:
"
defil3d wrote:
I'm sad to see CoDT being nerfed so hard, I agree it was a really overpowered gem and BIS for any hardcore player, but I was expecting the values of total damage to be swapped instead. That way it would get better as we leveled it and it wouldn't be much of a complaint.

This is your call GGG, but I feel solo players are being screwed over pretty hard.

Thanks for the awesome patch notes though, I was excited to see the map boss reward buff!

That would made it utterly useless at low levels with mobs doing less damage making it proc practicly never, so never a viable solution to just swap the progression.

Empower/Enhance are useless til like level 90...Atleast this would have steady progressional use as you got closer to harder hitting mobs
ign: Vixien
"
shoty2k wrote:
CoDT nerf is the first that really gets me so that i start posting here. Which i normally never do.

I really start to question how good you are at designing the gameplay of this game. You introduced the gem to 1.0.0 the major release Version and it was beyond broken. What kind of testing do you guys do? You even encouraged people to think about possible combinations and that they were more clever ways to use it but apparently never checked them out yourself. I still can't think of any explanation why you put such bad design in your release Version. Then you nerfed it once with the delay which was quite good i think.

The gem itself managed to make melee finally more viable because you could cast Molten Shell or Enduring Cry and a Decoy Totem automaticly which gave the players more time to fight. So it made a fluent gameplay possible. When i do this now i am already surounded by monsters or in partys everything is already dead bevor i even start thinking about attacking. I feel that this was not intended in the first place you just oversaw this aspect even though it is a good one.

Then you always say that you want build diversity but apparently this only comes because after every patch the builds get nerfed or destroyed until someone figured out a new coockie cutter build. While i can get around itk, it must be really frustrating for newer players to always change their builds and in the end they follow only the tested guides and stop trying out something for themself because it is to expensive.

I don't know if you already recognized this but right now people already stop posting guides or giving tipps on very good builds because they are afraid of getting nerfed! People don't longer look in their stash to see what build they can do or what items the need, they start checking the patch notes and next updates to see if a build is viable or not. If this goes on the game will start loosing more and more players.

TL:DR: Please just stop with your 2 steps forward 1 step back desing.

This.
It is sad that CoDT is dead now. It actually made possible to use something other than a few OP builds.
As for Purity... It died long time ago, when they made it's max res bonus five times less.
Purrhaps it is time to take another break from a game for half a year or so.
In years to come
You hear my name
When darkness falls
On judgment day
"
wehrberg wrote:
Sigh, the whining is getting more and more ridiculous. To all the people that are crying that their characters will be useless without COTD in its current form, if your character REQUIRES COTD to do well, then your character was shit to begin with.

I rolled passives on my duelist due to CwDT, i rolled a melee duelist due to CwDT. Cba to play it anymore when CwDT gets nerfed to unusability with the spec i am using.
I'm no beast of burden...
Last edited by Pheenix on Nov 12, 2013, 5:48:34 AM
CwDT nerf could have been done a lot more elegantly imo. It was obviously too powerful before, but now it doesn't have any niche to fill. Need to lessen the damage threshold or make it percentage based or make it include armor/resistance mitigation or some combination of these. It's just so overnerfed right now that I don't even know how to proceed with my characters that rely on it heavily. I think the worst part for me is that I can't help but assume that there will be a rebound buff since the nerf is so over the top, so I'm just going to end up not playing my chars until I know what will last. I can deal with CwDT not being useful anymore, played fine without it for a long time, but such a huge change just disincentivizes me from playing the game since I don't really want to invest time/currency on anything when the game is in such an unstable state of balance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info