Dual 6 Link 97K LL Cyclone/22 LVL AA/EB/MoM/5k HP taking a break

I tried this build out with some fairly decent gear (a bit hard to find a good staff) and it sucked. Without top of the line gear, this build isn't good at all. Although I can imagine with this guys gear, it's an extremely fun build overall.
Last edited by D_W_C on Nov 19, 2013, 10:36:51 PM
"
D_W_C wrote:
I tried this build out with some fairly decent gear (a bit hard to find a good staff) and it sucked. Without top of the line gear, this build isn't good at all. Although I can imagine with this guys gear, it's an extremely fun build overall.

I'm quoting myself from the first post:

Extremely gear dependant, a big ---

And yes, I really did mean that. It is superfun once done properly, otherwise I wouldn't be going at almost 95 level with it, if it wasn't entertaining to play :)

Last edited by Juhazzz on Nov 20, 2013, 12:59:25 AM
lightining strike isn't better than spectral throw?
"
pioruneks wrote:
lightining strike isn't better than spectral throw?

Edit into more reasonable version;

I personally dislike the skill a lot, so I won't be using it :)
Last edited by Juhazzz on Nov 20, 2013, 1:18:28 PM
Hi again, I'm doing good so far with this guide, I know its very gear dependant, but I know from experience with other games It can still work you just gotta give it a try, anyway I just dinged 60 and was wondering If you could help me out with a few guidelines what I should focus on

Heres my current gear setup:

As I'm playing in Domination my currency isn't the greatest so far so I really have to focus on the right stuff going forward. What would you focus on doing with my first wealth I get?

Also I have a question about running the third aura in, Is it enough with just getting it into the reduced manacost link combo, or should I try to aim for the skillstree points which helps auras out assap or try to find gear when I buy new gear peices from what you suggest, look for mana on them too or maybe abit of both?

Best wishes
Pjey
Gotta admit being kinda a dps freak normally I went your build but for the dmg nodes first, result was dealt alot of dmg, but frail as paper.

Respecced abit, droppped some damage for the mana nodes, grabbed eldritch battery + mind over matter, switched some damage gear for some stuff with mana regen and boom. Can suddenly run arctic armour constantly while on the move (had to deactivate when moving around before, worked but slightly tedious) and sit and facetank almost anything while spamming Spectral Throw (because of life leech). Since my dmg is not as crazy as TC's, only about 5k with spectral, there isn't any real danger in suiciding on reflect physical mobs, life leech balances it out more than enough.

Only thing I gotta watch out for are huge one shot attacks as my life is still low, most of those huge attacks are easily dodgeable so it's not really a problem imo.

Arctic armor really helps survivability, not to mention cool ice trail effect. Stats to look for on items should be anything crit related, mana and mana regen (ofcourse life and res are still needed).

P.S. Thank you for this build TC, very fun and strong once enough gear is acquired :)
Last edited by Saiyajin12 on Nov 21, 2013, 1:12:20 PM
Spoiler
"
Saiyajin12 wrote:
Gotta admit being kinda a dps freak normally I went your build but for the dmg nodes first, result was dealt alot of dmg, but frail as paper.

Respecced abit, droppped some damage for the mana nodes, grabbed eldritch battery + mind over matter, switched some damage gear for some stuff with mana regen and boom. Can suddenly run arctic armour constantly while on the move (had to deactivate when moving around before, worked but slightly tedious) and sit and facetank almost anything while spamming Spectral Throw (because of life leech). Since my dmg is not as crazy as TC's, only about 5k with spectral, there isn't any real danger in suiciding on reflect physical mobs, life leech balances it out more than enough.

Only thing I gotta watch out for are huge one shot attacks as my life is still low, most of those huge attacks are easily dodgeable so it's not really a problem imo.

Arctic armor really helps survivability, not to mention cool ice trail effect. Stats to look for on items should be anything crit related, mana and mana regen (ofcourse life and res are still needed).

P.S. Thank you for this build TC, very fun and strong once enough gear is acquired :)

"
Pjey wrote:
Hi again, I'm doing good so far with this guide, I know its very gear dependant, but I know from experience with other games It can still work you just gotta give it a try, anyway I just dinged 60 and was wondering If you could help me out with a few guidelines what I should focus on

As I'm playing in Domination my currency isn't the greatest so far so I really have to focus on the right stuff going forward. What would you focus on doing with my first wealth I get?

Also I have a question about running the third aura in, Is it enough with just getting it into the reduced manacost link combo, or should I try to aim for the skillstree points which helps auras out assap or try to find gear when I buy new gear peices from what you suggest, look for mana on them too or maybe abit of both?

Best wishes
Pjey

Yes, the manaregen is really one of the most important things in this build. Just 2-3 days ago I went for Mind over Matter + Eldritch Battery. That was a really huge boost to survivability, as now I can run that 22 Level Arctic Armour (20/20 + Level 3 Empower).
My dps is with that sick staff so much higher, that I cannot outheal physical reflect, even with life leech gem and some from gear. That requires Vaal Pact, but I don't really like to use it, there WILL come situations when you need healing potions. Elemental Reflect on the other hand is no longer anykind of threat with that setup :)

I was really afraid of losing that "buffer" of 1800 Energy Shield, but actually, I must say my survivability doubled or tripled amongst with Mind over Matter and 22 Level AA.

Currently I have 301 Manaregen WITHOUT Clarity and 410 with Clarity on. 50% Regen maps only I put Clarity on :)

And for Pjey, you should really start looking at Manaregen items (Rings + Amulet).

Also you most likely want also to go for Eldritch Battery + Mind over Matter, so I suggest to get some ar+es chest or eva+es.

It's for sure hard to find all that in Domination with fresh economy, but those are somethings I can advice for now :)
Last edited by Juhazzz on Nov 21, 2013, 1:23:37 PM
Thanks alot for your advince Ill follow it and we'll see how it goes, and on the domination part, No1 said it would be easy :)

Cheers

"
Juhazzz wrote:
Spoiler
"
Saiyajin12 wrote:

"
Pjey wrote:

Best wishes
Pjey

Yes, the manaregen is really one of the most important things in this build. Just 2-3 days ago I went for Mind over Matter + Eldritch Battery. That was a really huge boost to survivability, as now I can run that 22 Level Arctic Armour (20/20 + Level 3 Empower).
My dps is with that sick staff so much higher, that I cannot outheal physical reflect, even with life leech gem and some from gear. That requires Vaal Pact, but I don't really like to use it, there WILL come situations when you need healing potions. Elemental Reflect on the other hand is no longer anykind of threat with that setup :)

I was really afraid of losing that "buffer" of 1800 Energy Shield, but actually, I must say my survivability doubled or tripled amongst with Mind over Matter and 22 Level AA.

Currently I have 301 Manaregen WITHOUT Clarity and 410 with Clarity on. 50% Regen maps only I put Clarity on :)

And for Pjey, you should really start looking at Manaregen items (Rings + Amulet).

Also you most likely want also to go for Eldritch Battery + Mind over Matter, so I suggest to get some ar+es chest or eva+es.

It's for sure hard to find all that in Domination with fresh economy, but those are somethings I can advice for now :)
Hi mate, i leveled a normal ST char at the start of domination, but i found it a bit boring and ive always wanted to do a crit char, so i tried out your build.

My focus while leveling has not been on manaregen, so mine is patheticly low, but ill fix that when i get around 80 :) i have this staff i am using at the moment, and i am thinking if it can/should be crafted further on, or if it is just better to spend my currency to buy a better staff... the staff base is something i have been wondering about.. if there is a specific base you have to have, such as imperial staff

(I know i am using aura gems despite it being +2 melee, but i cant get the damn colors to math :))
Last edited by Bjornz0r on Nov 23, 2013, 5:47:03 AM

I'm no expert, but I think the slower the better, so prolly imperial and maelström staffs are the best of the lot.

Above is what I am using atm, will upgrade once I find a good imperial staff base to work with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info