[New Video Added] Reizoko's Power Siphon Cast on Critical Strike Build

That's what I thought might be happening. In that case Discharge is useless for a build like this IMO (except maybe the single target...but even then you have to be almost in melee range. Discharge would be much stronger on a Cyclone CoC. I think Storm Call is going to be the best bet for this.
IGN: Dmillz
"
Dmillz wrote:
That's what I thought might be happening. In that case Discharge is useless for a build like this IMO (except maybe the single target...but even then you have to be almost in melee range. Discharge would be much stronger on a Cyclone CoC. I think Storm Call is going to be the best bet for this.

So, in your opinioin which gems needs to be on 6L for SC or Discharge then ?.
IGNs: eternal_nina, eternal_madira, eternal_reaper, getmyshadow, eternal_ihgheart, eternal_darkess.
"
Dhoros wrote:

So, in your opinion which gems needs to be on 6L for SC or Discharge then ?.

Well since its basically purely for trash clearing Power Siphon + GMP + CoC + Storm Call + Storm Call + Increased AOE would probably be pretty damn good.

I wouldn't run a 5L/6L discharge with this build. It is fantastic on something like Cyclone when you are in the thick of things, but one of the huge benefits to Power Siphon is its ranged.

For single target Discharge might still be a good option depending on how close you have to be for it to hit the rare/boss. It is definitely the highest dps but you might have to be fairly close for it to work which is very bad vs certain bosses. I think something like Frenzy + CoC + Discharge + Conc Effect would be super strong.

Another thing to consider is how well the Storm Calls are actually aimed that are triggered by CoC...should be able to find out pretty quick after the next patch.
Waiting for my query to finish at work so I spent a bit of time looking for what should come next for really-end game build. I think this would be a pretty strong way to go: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABA5YEfgX5CGcOSBGWFfAY2xmKGo8j9iQ8JP0mlSepLIUtgzGeMgk1kjpYOuE7KElRSn1KjErITeNQQlM1VUtWLVb6V4daGlpIWlJabVuvXfJgQ2KsY0NnoGxGbWxte249bqpvnnBScLtw1XJsdPF9dX_GgK6CHoMJhTKHGYd2iPGMNpcGm12btZ2jnaqiBKIuoqOmV6c0p1yomqlurFmsf7VItfK748HzwzrEospK037VANad2wvdDeOE51TnY-4O73rv8PJF8pf22vrv-wn8q_zF_gr-j_66

I pick up Path of the Warrior (1 node), shouldn't this be taken earlier? Seems like a really good node for this build. A few aura/mana reserve nodes (4 points), then I run down to MoM (5 nodes).

The reason I went with mana reservation is then we can run Discipline, this plus a maxed Clarity we will have a TON of mana regen with a pretty decent unreserved amount of mana left over (68% reserved for Discipline and Haste + 250 mana for clarity = 550+ with 2500 mana total). We can then use this unreserved mana + regen to run Mind over Matter. Mind over Matter is stupidly strong as a defensive node. If you are interested the reasoning behind this check out my EK Guide, in the "Should I Take Mind Over Matter?" section (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/547198)

Additionally depending on our mana regen (should be really high at this point) we can run a mid to high level Arctic Armor to further mitigate damage.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Last edited by Dmillz on Dec 3, 2013, 2:22:30 PM
I had a moment to sneak on and try CoC with Storm Call and it is really fun. It uses the same targeting mechanic as Storm Call on a totem which is quite strong. Basically, Storm Call paints actual targets on your screen. It doesn't pick a location, it picks actual targets. But, target selection appears to be a tad complicated.

You get N-calls per Storm Call CoC cast. It looks like it maxes at 4 calls (the default without cast speed boosts), but it seems to require that you hit a target with your CoC trigger attack. I was testing on my ST CoC Discharger and it seemed like only targets that were actually hit by a ST projectile would be painted by CoC Storm Call. If I was only hitting 1 enemy, they would only get 1 call and not 4 dropped on them. I'm not 100% positive on this, so please do test.

Another thing I haven't tested yet is the effect of Frenzy + Haste cast speed boosts to CoC Storm Call. A 3 stack of Frenzy + lvl 9 Haste provides 27% cast speed which is enough to trigger a 5th Storm Call when self-casting. Hopefully these boosts carry to the CoC Storm Call.
Last edited by xythian on Dec 3, 2013, 2:59:00 PM
"
Dmillz wrote:
Thoughts? Suggestions?

I was thinking exactly the same thing as a way to beef up the defenses of this build. MoM is amazingly effective at mitigating near 1-shot deaths and the build gets close enough to make it worthwhile. This also leaves room to swap Haste for Grace when even more defense is required.

Another, expensive and gear dependent option, is to get a Lightning Coil and run Purity of Lightning. Rolling G/B slots on a R/G item would be torture, but no worse then doing so on a Volls. But, with LC, you get a defensive setup that can surpass MoM on both large and small hit mitigation (at a huge Chromatic cost). If you could somehow squeeze LC + MoM together, then you're almost capable of face-tanking merciless Vaal smashes.

If I manage to push past my normal re-roll stage, then I would probably go MoM first while preparing a 6L Lightning Coil on the side. It's a very late game option for most of us due to the cost, but a possible increase in mitigation that could free up passives.

I did lots of math on LC, CoD, and MoM in another thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/556177/page/25#p5685151
Not exactly the math that works for this build, but enough to get the idea of LCs mitigation.
Last edited by xythian on Dec 3, 2013, 3:00:37 PM
Lightning Coil is definitely a super strong item, and would probably be the best end-game chest. I don't see any reason why running it would make MoM any harder to actually use. Also LC would make the lack of armor in this build basically a non-issue. But I agree with the cost issue, it's going to be pretty insane to get the right colors in a 6L.

Another end-game item to grab would be Saffell's Frame IMO. In high level maps it seems like spells/elemental is the cause of most RIPs and this is easily the best shield to mitigate that type of damage. Also it would make using a LC even better. I would say this is a must have before LC.
"
Dmillz wrote:
Lightning Coil is definitely a super strong item, and would probably be the best end-game chest. I don't see any reason why running it would make MoM any harder to actually use.

The only potential issue is having to run Purity of Lightning in addition to Clarity, Haste/Grace, and Discipline and still having enough mana to absorb sufficient damage to make MoM worthwhile.

"
Dmillz wrote:

Another end-game item to grab would be Saffell's Frame IMO ... I would say this is a must have before LC.

I agree. Saffell is amazing and probably a better priority. With the range on this build it's easy enough to kite around tough melee, but spells are much harder to avoid. Also, Saffell furthers boosts LC by allowing you to bring your Lightning Resists to a crazy 84% effectively granting 34% physical mitigation just from the 40% conversion to lightning damage.
Do you think MoM would with this?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by Broful on Dec 3, 2013, 8:08:17 PM
"
Broful wrote:
Do you think MoM would with this?

Literally read up like 4 posts. We were just discussing how strong it is and how you can work it in later on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info