[New Video Added] Reizoko's Power Siphon Cast on Critical Strike Build

The potential and possibilities of this build: Click me!

Gameplay Video: Click Me! (outdated)

Let me start by summing up how this build works:

This kind of tells the whole story, right? Basically you use Power Siphon with Greater Multiple Projectiles and Cast on Critical Strike to cast spells. I have tried several different spells and there are lots of viable options.
I put tripple Ice Spear to showcase my chest here, but there are many more possible spell combinations (watch my video to get an idea of what's possible).

Basically the build aims to get a high crit chance and high attack speed.The next thing you want is a high physical dps wand, allowing you to use life leech and mana leech on gear. This first of all reduces the neccessary mana regen and also makes the gameplay a lot more smooth.

Pros and Cons

Pros:
- Insanly high DPS possible!
- Very flexible! Got bored of your spells? Try other spells!
- Endless possibilities of spell combinatons.
- Viable for solo and group play.
- Lightshow :)

Cons:
- 5-link neccessary to function properly.
- Hardly playable with a low end computer.
- Might get nerfed (I foresee some changes to Cast on Critical Strike)

Can't think of more pros and cons right now. I will update this later.

Skilltree
96 Points Endgame Build

I consider this to be what is neccessary to run this build successfully. Everything on top of that is up to your preference. You could get more crit chance, crit damage, life, accuracy, mana/mana regen, projectile damage/spell damage or whatever you think your
character lacks!

Let's break the whole thing down:

Step 1: Get the big life circle to the west of the Scion.
17 Points

Step 2: Go towards the Shadow tree and get the life nodes over there.
39 Points

Step 3: Get the crit nodes in the Shadow area, go towards Eldritch Battery and get Mana Gyser (big mana node inbetween the Shadow and the Ranger) and the Mana Regeneration node (starting node of the Scion).
55 Points

Step 4: Go down to the Ranger tree, get the crit cluster, the life cluster and take Ballistic Mastery. Then, go back to the Scion to get Berserking.
71 Points

Once you are done with the 71 points it's up to you how to continue. Got a good physical wand? Get Elder Power! Feel squishy? Get more life! It is up to you and your personal playstyle.

Note: If you play hardcore you probably want to get more life nodes early on.

Skill Gems

Multi Target: Power Siphon, Greater Multiple Projectiles and Cast on Critical Strike are a must have. Everything else is rather free. You can run several spell combinations, the obvious ones are projectile spells like Fireball and Ice Spear as they profit from Greater Multiple Projectiles.
Personally, I currently run: Power Siphon - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Cast on Critical Strike - Fireball - Fireball - Concentrated Effect

Single Target: Frenzy - Faster Attacks - Added Fire Damage - Increased Critical Damage.

Auras: Clarity is a must have. Haste is a great offensive Aura for this build. Purity is nice if you lack resists.

Curses: Critical Weakness and Enfeeble. Choose whatever you feel is more appropriate for the content you are doing.

Charge Generator: Frenzy - Power Charge on Crit - Greater Multiple Projectiles.
This is a nice way to charge or recharge both Frenzy and Power Charges at the same time. Not a must have, but it can help sometimes.

Other than that you are free to choose whatever you like. Some kind of Cast when Damage Taken combo is recommended.

Gear

Wand: Attack Speed is the most important, followed by high physical damage. Being able to use physical lifeleech and manaleech makes this build a lot more smooth! Spelldamage, crit chance/spell crit chance, crit damage and accuracy are nice to have, but not neccessary.

Shield: Get an Angelic Kite Shield with Life and high Energy Shield. Additional resistances are also nice to have.

Chest: The single most important thing is to get at least a 5-link. You don't need a chest with awesome stats as long as it is a 5-link. Just buy a white 5-link (preferably Evasion/Energy Shield as it is the easiest to get the right colours) and Chaos it a couple of times until you get mediocore stats. You can get lots of resists from your shield and purity aura, so don't bank on getting them from your chest. Rather aim for life and energy shield.

Helm: Life, resists, accuracy, energy shield.

Gloves: Life, attack speed, life leech, accuracy, energy shield, resists.

Boots: Life, resists, movement speed, energy shield.

Rings and Amulet: Aim for 2-4% life leech (can also be rolled on gloves). Mana regeneration is a must have! Get resists if you lack them. Life, attack speed, critical strike (Diamond Ring), critical damage (amulet) accuracy, physical damage are also nice to have.

2nd Weapon Slot: Get lots of blue sockets to level spells you want to try! :)

Current Gear

Bandit Rewards

Normal: Life or Skill Point

Cruel: Attack Speed or Skill Point

Merciless: Power Charge

Feel free to comment, discuss or critic this build!
Last edited by Reizoko on Nov 12, 2013, 11:18:58 AM
Well i started a char with this build in mind to see if i like it, it sounds good and i like the concept. Going level 13 atm lol
"
Garr71 wrote:
Well i started a char with this build in mind to see if i like it, it sounds good and i like the concept. Going level 13 atm lol

Thanks for your response and good luck with your character!
The downside of this build is that it only really is viable at level 60+ because without a decent crit rate coupled with high attack speed (and preferably a 5-link) it's a pain in the ass. If you never crit, or only crit once every couple of seconds because your attack speed is so slow, the build doesn't feel smooth at all.

If you make it through the early levels you will be rewarded with lots of spells being cast all over your screen, though!

If you keep playing your character I would be interested in hearing your pregression and ideas on how to improve this build, if you have any.
You where right is not easy to level with it lol, i used spectral throw mostly from 1 to 34, my biggest problem is mana, power siphon is mana hungry, and i was trying NOT to go for blood magic...

Will have to see as i go higher. Too bad all my good wands in the stash are level 55+ :\
I also leveled with Spectral Throw and started using Power Siphon once I had 3+ attacks per second and 40+% crit chance.

I made a gameplay video to showcase the power of this build! There are still quite a few things I want to try, so changes to the build are bound to come!

Video: Click Me
I have not been able to play much today, it would be great to try and run this on mana tho, i love auras, but then again which would work with something like this???

Loved the video btw.
Haste seems like an obvious choice. Movement speed for a better ability to reposition yourself and attack speed for obvious reasons.
Clarity is also a must have because you have to sustain 150ish mana per second.
With Eldritch Battery you can most likely run a 3rd aura. Purity, Grace or Determination seem like the most reasonable choices to me.

I really want to respec into Eldritch Battery aswell. I don't know if my gear is ready for it yet, though. I probably won't reach 150 mana per second with my current gear. Hope I can find some upgrades soon!

Also, thank you! :)
Last edited by Reizoko on Nov 10, 2013, 8:59:27 PM
So i managed to play a bit more and currently level 45, in act 3 cruel atm my tree looks like this.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABA5YIZw5IEZYYPBmKJpUtgzGeNZI7KErITeNQQlM1VUtWLVpSYENirGNDbWxte249bqpvnnBScNWDCYw2kzqXBptdm7Wdo52qoi6mV6c0qJqsf7VItfK9J8BRwzrEospK1p3jhPKX-ej8q_6P

And using this gear
Spoiler

My mana is stable if more than 1 target is hit, with just 1 target after a while i go oom for 1 attack. Since i didn't go for hp nodes first, like i usually do, i've had close calls now in act 3, so im probably going to work on survivalbility for a few levels.

Im in need of a 5L chest asap, how much did you pay for yours btw???

something im thinking is actually not going deeper into ranger part of tree, but that would mean sacrificing lots of health and 150% crit (which is needed) just cuz im tempted to go all the way up to get bullying, eldritch battery, elder power maybe (would help mana leaching and life leaching due to higher wand dmg)

It would be something like this
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAP0DlgR-BfkIZw5IEZYRvxSwFfAYPBmKJDwk_SaVJ6kpVC0fLYMxnjIJNMs1kjpYOuE7KElRSppKyEyzTeNQMFBCUzVVS1YtWlJabV3yXypgQ2KsY0NsRm0ZbWxte249bqpvnnBScNVybHRVfM5_xoIegwmHGYeeiPGMNpM6lwabXZu1naOdqqIuoqOmV6c0p1yomqlurFmsf7VItfK9J8BRwfPDOsSiykrQ-9UA1p3bC9te44TnVOdj6-TyRfKX8wX56Pxk_Kv-Cv6P
Still not optimized since gear will dictate how much actual mana regen nodes i would need etc... Also conductivity is tempting to use, either that or keep using my Lochnotial caress for it.
Nice update! I'm surprised you made this build work at such a low level, good job! Although yes, a 5-link would help a lot. By the way my 5-link is selffound. Put an Alch and 2ish Chaos on at and got what you can see up there. That being said, I bought a 6-link today :)
A white 5-link doesn't cost as much I think. If you use a shield anyway, getting max resist is easy (purity aura also helps), so just get a white 5-link and use 2-3 Chaos to get some semi decent stats imo. 5-link is a must have for this build after all.

I will update the guide tomorrow. I progressed quite a bit (level 76) and improved the build by a lot. I'm basically at the point that further increasing my crit chance or attack speed would make my computer lag too much so it's not worth it. Instead I guess I will focus on suvivability (I don't lack damage anyway) or increasing my base damage and crit damage.

I also found out that you can use the same spell multiple times. Arctic Breath is a fps killer (my friends complained about it when playing with them, so I removed it), so I will absolutely get rid of it. My next plan (testing tomorrow if it works) is to use 2x Fireball and Concentrated Effect for the 6th link. It should increase the damage more than one additional spell, doesn't increase the cost of Power Siphon as it's not an AoE skill and also reduces lag (less spells cast).

That being said, I respecced into Eldritch Battery. Haste Aura is AWESOME!
Your tree also looks rather similar to what I'm at right now. I will post my tree tomorrow. It differs quite a bit from the version in the op!
Last edited by Reizoko on Nov 11, 2013, 10:56:05 AM
Nice build. However why no elemental Equilbrium? Its so close and seems so up dps quite abit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info