[New Video Added] Reizoko's Power Siphon Cast on Critical Strike Build

"
Nice build. However why no elemental Equilbrium? Its so close and seems so up dps quite abit.

I was thinking about trying it, but I haven't yet. I don't lack dps and have more important stuff to get for now. Maybe when I reach 85+! But thanks for suggesting it!
"
Reizoko wrote:
"
Nice build. However why no elemental Equilbrium? Its so close and seems so up dps quite abit.

I was thinking about trying it, but I haven't yet. I don't lack dps and have more important stuff to get for now. Maybe when I reach 85+! But thanks for suggesting it!

I might actually make me a scion right now. managed to die today unfortnately with a melee ranger =P

However Id like som gear suggestions. go full 2hand+armor build while leveling to about 50?
"

I was also thinking about that, using fireball and ice spear means we would be getting -50% resists on 1 of them, it could be a nice dps boost too.

One thing i noticed is that apparently if the spells themselves crit they can also cast again based on it??? i think i saw something like that a few times but not sure if that's the case.
"
"
Reizoko wrote:
"

I might actually make me a scion right now. managed to die today unfortnately with a melee ranger =P

However Id like som gear suggestions. go full 2hand+armor build while leveling to about 50?

I used a 2h unique i had with spectra throw until 30 something, then i switched (had a nice wand/shield with lots of res) to a regular wander setup, aka power siphon, lmp, faster attack, mana leach(after i became stable switched this to added lightning) also runing anger.

When i saw that with power charges my crit was at 40% and attack speed is at 2.40 i put in the cast on crit+fireball+lmb+powerS (only have 4L atm) from that point on it works retardedly well.
If you play Hardcore I suggest using 2-hand Spectral Throw up until lvl 60 or something like that. That's what I did, at least. Once you have a 5-link and got all the crit nodes you are ready to switch. Jus make sure you can sustain the Mana cost (which is not too high if you are below 3 attacks per second) I noticed that an attackspeed of 2,5 - 3 attacks per second is actually enough to start. You won't proc spells like crazy, but it should still work just fine to not feel too slow.

@Garr71

Cast on Crit can only be triggered by attacks, so an attack has to trigger a spell. A spell won't proc another spell.
Last edited by Reizoko on Nov 11, 2013, 11:41:53 AM
"
Reizoko wrote:
If you play Hardcore I suggest using 2-hand Spectral Throw up until lvl 60 or something like that. That's what I did, at least. Once you have a 5-link and got all the crit nodes you are ready to switch. Jus make sure you can sustain the Mana cost (which is not too high if you are below 3 attacks per second) I noticed that an attackspeed of 2,5 - 3 attacks per second is actually enough to start. You won't proc spells like crazy, but it should still work just fine to not feel too slow.

@Garr71

Cast on Crit can only be triggered by attacks, so an attack has to trigger a spell. A spell won't proc another spell.

Ahh i see, makes sense, it would be op if it wasn't like that. Does each projectile fired by lmp power S crit independently or is it rolled from the attack per se, if so the quick procs coulda been 2 projectiles criting and procing the cast at the same time or something like that...
The way crit works is, either all projectiles crit or none.
If you roll a crit, every single of your projectiles has an individual chance to proc Cast on Crit. Also, for every spell linked, Cast on Crit rolls individually. Sometimes you only cast one spell, sometimes two, sometimes 3 at the same time. Try firing Power Siphon at a horde of mobs and then take a single mob and hit him. You will notice the difference.
Last edited by Reizoko on Nov 11, 2013, 12:01:31 PM
Guide updated! It looks much more like an actual guide now. I might make a new gameplay video with the updated build tomorrow.
"
Reizoko wrote:
Guide updated! It looks much more like an actual guide now. I might make a new gameplay video with the updated build tomorrow.

very nice. I wonder if Spectral Throw would be ok to implement into the build. inst it using sort of the same basics that of Siphon?
I guess you can use Spectral Throw with Daggers. You have to invest a lot more into crit though because you lack Power Charges. You could use them, but I doubt it's worth wasting a socket in your 5-link or 6-link.
Last edited by Reizoko on Nov 11, 2013, 1:46:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info