[New Video Added] Reizoko's Power Siphon Cast on Critical Strike Build

"
_Stumbles_ wrote:
@sliverlz

Some people choose to keep PS at level 5 so that the mana cost does not increase. If you are planning to leech mana/life from it, however, I think it makes sense to level it. I did level it and I have no problems paying the mana cost.

I took Mind Drinker early to help level and smooth out the build, but refunded it later after getting EB and plenty of mana regen.

Your wand is not amazing. The most important thing is crits/min which is a function of attack speed, crit chance, and accuracy.

Yeah, I level my PS to 10 and it's getting hard to keep the mana up, I will probably do like you said and get that Mind Drinker, and refund it later. I'm working on getting a better wand but I'm still at 53 so this what I can get for now and I still need some other stuff too ):

Thanks for the help Stumbles
"
NoodlePirate wrote:
I'm still leveling up with spectral throw while grabbing the passives for this build. As I don't have CoC and a good physical wand yet.

Anyway I'm in cruel Nemesis and thinking about whether it would actually be better to get the Oak reward of 18% physical dmg as physical dmg seems to be one of the problems for this build, or to go with that 8% attack speed from Kraityn as Reizoko suggested in the initial build outline.

Please let me know, ty :)

I definitely would go with the attack speed, since it helps your crit rate. Unless you have some godly wand that does insane physical damage, the 18% is going to be insignificant compared to the attack speed.
"
_Stumbles_ wrote:
"
NoodlePirate wrote:
I'm still leveling up with spectral throw while grabbing the passives for this build. As I don't have CoC and a good physical wand yet.

Anyway I'm in cruel Nemesis and thinking about whether it would actually be better to get the Oak reward of 18% physical dmg as physical dmg seems to be one of the problems for this build, or to go with that 8% attack speed from Kraityn as Reizoko suggested in the initial build outline.

Please let me know, ty :)

I definitely would go with the attack speed, since it helps your crit rate. Unless you have some godly wand that does insane physical damage, the 18% is going to be insignificant compared to the attack speed.

Alrighty, that really helps ty :)
I went with the speed. I have the opposite of godly wands atleast for now. >_<
FYI, I am Level 83 and still playing this build daily.

Its super fun, and the clear rates on maps are exceeding my expectations.

I'm running Maligaro's and a Rat's Nest, and just upgraded to a 6L. I use Ice Spear and 2x Fireball with GMP, PS, and CoC. The recent buff to fireball was very nice. I also went down and took the Elemental Dominion node for the extra 20% spell damage.

My crit chance is 85% with all 6 power charges, 94% if the target is cursed with Crit Weakness (95% is the cap).

Accuracy is very important since it double dips to hurt your crit rate. Mine is at 87% right now, but I'm going to try and get it to 90%.

Anyway, any questions are welcome, I check this thread pretty regularly.

-Stumbles
FYI, the new patch changed CoC. I'm in the process of testing it out, but it doesn't seem bad for this build.

They added a cooldown, which seems makes it so that a single attack from Power Siphon will not trigger CoC multiple times. Before the change, you could crit up to five times with a single attack (GMP) and trigger CoC each time. Not its just once. That sucks.

BUT, they increased the chance to trigger linked spells by 20%, which makes it much more likely that a given spell will be triggered by a crit.

Mostly a wash, but just a heads up that this has changed.

-Stumbles
So just for fun I calculated my theoretical DPS using this build, since the tooltip gets you nowhere and I get asked all the time.

First, some assumptions:
1) You have a full set of 6 power charges, which is most of the time anyway.

2) Ice Spear is in its second form, with the extra crit percentage. I didn't add any piercing damage from the first form, so this is actually an underestimate.

3) Every projectile is factored in, so I'm multiplying all the fireball damage by 5 because of GMP. Obviously, not every fireball will hit an enemy, so this is theoretical and is overestimating damage in practical terms.

4) Each attack from Power Siphon can only trigger CoC ONCE. Now, since they patched the game and added the 10ms cooldown this gets complicated. If you hit a pack of mobs with a 5x crits off of a GMPed Power Siphon, and they all hit an enemy at the exact same time, you will only trigger CoC once. However, if you hit a mob in front, and 10ms later hit a mob further in the back, you CAN TRIGGER CoC more than once with a single attack. So to make things simple, in these calculations an attack can only trigger CoC once, which is an underestimate.

Now, some raw numbers if you are interested:
1) I attack 3.85 times a second.
2) I have a 87% accuracy
3) My crit chance with all charges is 86.8%
4) My CoC has a 84% chance of triggering linked spells
5) I run 1x Ice Spear 2x Fireball
6) Fireball DMG is 1512
7) Ice Spear DMG is 714
8) I have a Crit Multiplier of 290%

So now the final calculations:
1) 2.52 crits a sec, which means 10.6 Ice Spears a second and 21.2 Fireballs a second
2) TOTAL DPS is 85,770...OVER 85K!!!

Now, if the mobs are cursed by Critical Weakness:
1) 2.7 crits a second
2) 147,477 DPS

So ya, this build is capable of doing 150K DPS. Completely insane.

-Stumbles

EDIT: I may have miscalculated because I didn't think that the tooltip damage fro Spells included crits. If it does, I double dipped my calculations for spell crit damage, which obviously overestimates the DPS.

Here are the numbers WITHOUT Critical Weakness if the Tooltip for Fireball/Ice Spear includes crits, which I think it does just eyeballing the numbers.

TOTAL DPS: 40,494 DPS

Still not bad :D
Last edited by _Stumbles_ on Jan 9, 2014, 5:38:23 PM
I am still leveling and not yet using this CoC Build. Since they changed CoC with that 0.01s Cooldown, does it still work well?

I can soon use my 5L-Vest with Power Siphon - COC - GMP - Fireball - Ice Spear.
"
Stormnight wrote:
I am still leveling and not yet using this CoC Build. Since they changed CoC with that 0.01s Cooldown, does it still work well?

I can soon use my 5L-Vest with Power Siphon - COC - GMP - Fireball - Ice Spear.

It still works quite well, if anything it's a buff for PS CoCS users since we weren't relying on insane attack speeds (Quill Rain, Cyclone) or multi-proc piercing effects (Spectral Throw). The +20% chance to proc is instantly noticeable and helps smooth out the damage from this spec. At lvl 20, CoCS now has an 88% chance to proc which is just golden.
hi,

i'm currently using this build but I was curious how do you deal with lightning thorns?

First pack in cruel battlefront that had about 2-3 mobs with thorns took about half of my hp off instantly (leech helped offset some dmg).

Do you have any problems with thorns ?

My hp is a bit low, but just curious how it changes later on.

1863hp, max lightning res. no spell block

IGN: Jux
Currently getting ready to transition into PS/CoC. Leveled with this skill build, except i prioritized the attack/move speed and life nodes first, while using Spectral Throw and Frenzy to level. Extremely fast and safe leveling so far (level 50).

Thanks for sharing the build, I'm excited to try it out once i can use my wand.
Last edited by Herpster on Jan 10, 2014, 10:35:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info