[New Video Added] Reizoko's Power Siphon Cast on Critical Strike Build

"
zaboleqqq wrote:
Is this is possible on Marauder??

I dont wanna switch to SCION because I will have to leveling my char one again till 60 (even with items It will take some time....).

Sorry I just don't see how this is going to be worth it. You waste at least 7 passive points for no upside...

Just reroll, its fun to have multiple characters anyway.
Last edited by _Stumbles_ on Dec 11, 2013, 9:47:53 AM
Anyone testing new barrage skill? Anyone doing maps with this build?
"
zaboleqqq wrote:
Anyone testing new barrage skill? Anyone doing maps with this build?

Not yet, but I'm anxious to hear what people think.

Also, I wonder if the the physical projectile attack damage support gem will be useful to link in the single-target gem set-up instead of increased crit damage.

Something like Frenzy-Added Fire Damage- Physical Proj Attack - Faster Attacks.
"
_Stumbles_ wrote:

Cheers. I was hoping to theory craft a little bit about some passives.

Have you thought at all about taking the 20% increased crit chance nodes next to assassination? Not the best, but it seems like maximizing crit chance is a good idea.

What about the 12% spell damage node next to the Scion start? Not too flashy, but most of the damage we have comes from spells.

I also wonder about the Doom Cast node next to EB. Its hard for me to evaluate how much damage 60% spell crit gives this build.

What about Ondar's Guile? It costs 4 passives and I have heard good things about this keystone for defense.

Finally, how does Elder Power compare to Wandslinger's Prowess in your opinion? EP has more pure damage for bosses/leech but WP gives attack speed for more crits. I was even thinking you could grab Breath of Rime to punch up Ice Spear. In the end, I doubt it is worth it, but just a thought.

I have in fact thought about those 20% crit nodes around Assassination but I only got 2 to head for the Power Charge. Though I might swap the furthest 20% crit to Assassination to be beside Coordination just in case I want to head for Conditioning.

I agree it is rather difficult to gauge the damage we do. I was contemplating on that 12% Spell Damage node but I was looking for more progression in the skill tree but I might get it in the far future xD. So I went to the left of Ballistic Mastery and got the nodes reaching the start for the Ranger tree. The 5 nodes gives: 24% Projectile Damage/20% Acc/8% Attack Speed. Wondering if there's a better way to invest those points in.

Ondar's Guile seem to be a little bit too far for my liking. Looks interesting though! I'm about to hit 80 today to get MoM and my skill tree is pretty tight on points. For Doom Cast, idk it's up in the air for me. I feel I need more life, sitting at just 2k hp atm. Thick Skin is what I'm aiming for after MoM.

Haven't tried Wandslinger's Prowess but this is what I'm seeing from the 5 points:
+98% Wand Physical Damage
VS
+36% Wand Physical Damage
+10 Int
+8% Attack Speed
+8% Accuracy

Idk the math but comparing:
+62% Physical Damage
VS
+10 Int/8% Aspd/8%Accuracy

Personally, I like the Elder Power route for more leeching and the 10 int node puts me off as I'm tight on skill points as I said xD

And I haven't gotten a Barrage skill gem yet to test :'D

Edit: Also, Is Iron Reflexes worth getting after investing in Mind Over Matter?
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/614871 - my stuff in a shop, come visit! :D
Last edited by Amelina2 on Dec 12, 2013, 4:13:10 AM
I briefly check out Barrage as a single target skill to replace Frenzy, but I wasn't too impressed. Sticking with Frenzy for now.

I did however replace Faster Attacks with Projectile Attack Damage (the new support gem) and I'm in the process of leveling it. So far it seems comparable in terms of DPS, but I think it might be a bit better for single target. You attack slower, but your hits are more powerful which is better against mobs with armor.

In terms of Passives, I've made my way to level 78 and got Deep Thoughts, then made my way down to Mind over Matter. 6 power charges gets my crit chance close to 70%. Next, I took Charisma to help with reserved mana. So far I'm pretty impressed with MoM, it really helps with surviving. Next few nodes will be life nodes, and then eventually I think I will be taking Elder Power.

I'm also running mid-leveled Arctic Armour for more survivability. Once I get more mana regen on gear I might level this more.

I'm considering investing in some MF gear and trying it out on this build. Running in groups can be tricky because the build MELTS packs of mobs with insane AOE damage, but since PS culls you can't have an MF culler in your same group.

I thought it might be nice to be able to respec into MF just for fun. Replace CoC with Chain, and a spell for Item Rarity. Anyone have experience MF culling with Power Siphon?

-Stumbles
Sry didn't read through the entire thread. How would this do in nemesis/hardcore? It seems rather weak on the defensive side, no particular high hp/es. Nor very high physical dmg to leech very much (compared to builds like spectral throw). Also phys/ele reflect would seem like a problem too.
@ _Stumbles_
could you post your current passives? or maybe your current gear too.
i read the whole thread and im thinking of making this build for my next character and wanted to incorporate MOM and maybe IR and it seems you were able to use MOM and even AA to some extent. though i want to try it in nemesis
thanks!

Hey, I'm currently at level 37 playing this build, I got a few questions; Why not level Power Siphon, why leave it at level 5 ? Isn't worth spending 1 point to get Mind Drinker, since we have no room for Mana Leech gem ?

And is this wand ok, or is the attack speed mod that important ?

Thanks (:
@Buiaka

HP is your best bet, since I think most people are going EB so ES is off the table. There are plenty of HP nodes along the recommended track, so its basically how many passives you commit and how good your gear is. I do not play in Hardcore, but I believe the OP was in Nemesis.

@jkevin

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YEfgX5CGcOSBGWFfAY2xmKGo8k_SaVLR8tgzGeMgk1kjpYOyhEq0p9SshMs03jUDBQQlM1VUtWLVb6WlJbr13yXypgQ2NDZ6BsRm0ZbWxte249bqpvnnBScNVybHLDdPF9dX_Ggh6DCYUyhxmHdojxjDaPppcGm12btZ2joi6io6ZXqJqpbqsLrFmsf7VItfK748BRwfPDOsSiykrMBtN-1QDbC9te3Q3jhOdU6-TuDu968pfz6vba-wn8q_zF_o_-ug==

Here is my passive tree. I am in Domination, and have sacrificed some survivability for more crit/mana/spell damage. I use a MoM and mid-level AA, but if you are in HC you will want more HP and mana.

@sliverlz

Some people choose to keep PS at level 5 so that the mana cost does not increase. If you are planning to leech mana/life from it, however, I think it makes sense to level it. I did level it and I have no problems paying the mana cost.

I took Mind Drinker early to help level and smooth out the build, but refunded it later after getting EB and plenty of mana regen.

Your wand is not amazing. The most important thing is crits/min which is a function of attack speed, crit chance, and accuracy.
I'm still leveling up with spectral throw while grabbing the passives for this build. As I don't have CoC and a good physical wand yet.

Anyway I'm in cruel Nemesis and thinking about whether it would actually be better to get the Oak reward of 18% physical dmg as physical dmg seems to be one of the problems for this build, or to go with that 8% attack speed from Kraityn as Reizoko suggested in the initial build outline.

Please let me know, ty :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info