Dec 18: 1h Solo Cut-throat

Can't wait for more of these, hopefully more CT tests next week.
IGN @dime
Last edited by dime on Dec 16, 2012, 2:50:15 PM
this hasnt been yet has it? mine says in 4 more hours?
Smoother than Smooth.
Last edited by Moist on Dec 16, 2012, 8:40:50 PM
This league will probably be the hardest to balance IMO. Think about how easy it would be for 4-5 people to gang up on another person and simply camp one map to prevent others from advancing. The only way to force 1v1 and no gangs would be to limit map size to 2 and then you'd run into the problem of mules used to cap out player instances.
"
zipykido wrote:
This league will probably be the hardest to balance IMO. Think about how easy it would be for 4-5 people to gang up on another person and simply camp one map to prevent others from advancing. The only way to force 1v1 and no gangs would be to limit map size to 2 and then you'd run into the problem of mules used to cap out player instances.

How so. You arent forced to join their instance. I believe you have a choice. So when people start doing this. Global it or local it and form a counter squad. Or just create a new instance and run past.
Smoother than Smooth.
I wanted to play this but I cant make it =(
"
KoTao wrote:
"
AzraelX wrote:
Will manually disconnecting (unplugging your ethernet cable) cause your character to go link-dead instead of instantly disappearing from the world? If not, this is going to be a huge problem in a hyper-competitive environment. If people can hit a button on an ethernet switch to guarantee all their items are always 100% safe, they will, guaranteed.

There should never be any potential benefit from unplugging your ethernet cable.

Theyll stand there doing nothing for 6 seconds then get booted for not responding to the server.

That seems like a huge problem. The 6 seconds should be refreshed every time you take damage from a player.

Similarly, the 5 second log-out timer should restart if you take damage from a player.

"
zipykido wrote:
This league will probably be the hardest to balance IMO.

I don't really think so. It's largely self-balancing. The power is in the hands of the player, they can sort things out themselves.

"
zipykido wrote:
Think about how easy it would be for 4-5 people to gang up on another person and simply camp one map to prevent others from advancing.

Ganking is one of the pleasures of Cut-throat. That is intended behavior.

You also aren't required to join their instance, or to do everything solo.

"
Moist wrote:
You arent forced to join their instance. I believe you have a choice. So when people start doing this. Global it or local it and form a counter squad. Or just create a new instance and run past.

This sums up the easiest ways to deal with this. If you don't want to be killed by other players, create your own instance. They can't be waiting somewhere for you, they'd have to come in and find you.
Last edited by AzraelX on Dec 16, 2012, 7:19:33 PM
no chance of demigod = no interest here.

plz more 1-2h races!
Sounds awesome, can't wait to participate in the event.
"
Moist wrote:
"
zipykido wrote:

How so. You arent forced to join their instance. I believe you have a choice. So when people start doing this. Global it or local it and form a counter squad. Or just create a new instance and run past.

Nothing stopping a bunch of players from joining your instance and hunting you down. My guess is that it will be a bigger problem in OB when more people are interested in trolling others than actually playing the game.
"
zipykido wrote:
Nothing stopping a bunch of players from joining your instance and hunting you down.

You do realize that's the whole point of this league, right?

A bunch of people joining your instance with the intent to kill you isn't "trolling". You should consider not playing in this league if you really feel that way. It's called Cut-throat for a reason.
Last edited by AzraelX on Dec 17, 2012, 1:01:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info