Unable to connect to patching server

"
Corvino wrote:
Opened it 13x and it finally decided to let me past the "patch" which btw I'd patched since Day 1 a total of 7x, they need to get their shit together. Overpriced overnerfed now not even functioning?

GG, GGG.

Troll.
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact same fucking thing over and over again expecting shit to change. That. Is. Crazy. The first time somebody told me that, I dunno, I thought they were bullshitting me, so, I shot him. The thing is...He was right.
TraceRoute from Network-Tools.com to 173.192.xx.xx [www.pathofexile.com]
Hop (ms) (ms) (ms) IP Address Host name
1 1 0 0 8.9.232.73 xe-5-3-0.edge3.dallas1.level3.net
2 Timed out 0 0 4.69.145.204 ae-4-90.edge2.dallas3.level3.net
3 1 1 0 4.59.36.94 softlayer-t.edge2.dallas3.level3.net
4 13 0 0 173.192.18.213 ae1.dar02.sr01.dal01.networklayer.com
5 0 1 1 66.228.118.223 po2.fcr05.sr06.dal01.networklayer.com
6 1 1 0 173.192.44.22 173.192.44.22-static.reverse.softlayer.com

Trace complete

Last night was kicked off in the middle of a game, this morning could not connect to patching server. I have completely disabled my firewall and now the game opens again but will not actually log in. Been playing for 4 months without a single connection problem until last night.
Nothing on my end has changed at all.
I opened a support ticket and was directed to this thread.
Please help, thank you.

I use Time Warner Cable and am right outside Cleveland in South Euclid, Ohio.
BM 2H Big Physical Bigger AoE Ground Slam guide [1.3 Torment] - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1174531
Last edited by Weism on Mar 26, 2013, 12:55:28 PM
I cant log in =/
Had the same issues (even posted in thread) but was able to use the fix posted here and got in OK.

Here is what I did, and hopefully what will work for all of you.

>Find client.exe in Windows Explorer or whatever. Create shortcut. Right click shortcut and go to properties. On the box labeled 'Target' add this to the end (after the quotations "):
Spoiler
--patching-server pathofexile.com:3724

That should allow you to open the game. I was unable to log into the US Server, so I selected Europe and I am currently in game :)

bye bye PoE
"
Had the same issues (even posted in thread) but was able to use the fix posted here and got in OK.

>Find client.exe in Windows Explorer or whatever. Create shortcut. Right click shortcut and go to properties. On the box labeled 'Target' add this to the end (after the quotations "):
Spoiler

That should allow you to open the game. I was unable to log into the US Server, so I selected Europe and I am currently in game :)

Tried this and no luck.
"
RadDream wrote:
"

Spoiler

Tried this and no luck.

Make sure you copy and paste the target addition because you need those first two -- with a space before them otherwise it doesn't work.
bye bye PoE
Last edited by Selky62 on Mar 26, 2013, 1:24:54 PM
Wasn't working for me for about 3 tries. Then launched as admin and it opened right up. Took a few tries of connecting to server to finally get to the character screen.
This has also been happening to me just the last 2 days or so.

I haven't changed any settings recently, and since it's such a widespread problem now I don't think it's on my end.

I managed to get by the patcher after 20 tries or so and then could not get into the US gateway but I tried Europe and got in first try. Afraid to log out and try again.

Also had a problem last night where i would get kicked out loading from zone to zone with out any other connection issues. I feel like it is related.

My ISP is Comcast Colorado Springs

Great Game, GL with this one.
Last edited by Loqgar on Mar 26, 2013, 1:27:17 PM
had to relaunch the game about 10 times for it to work.
Last edited by MarkJames on Mar 26, 2013, 1:29:16 PM
I'll confirm that the "fix" sometimes works, though American servers remain unavailable

"

Spoiler

@Badda_Pew_Pew or @Hubba_Bo_Tep Will get ya all my "@Shohola" alts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info