Unable to connect to patching server

If that doesn't work and you're behind a router, you can either:

Try adding your PC's network IP to your router's DMZ

or

Try hooking your rig directly to the net, just for patching purposes.

EDIT:

If you don't know how to do the above:

Windows Key + R > cmd > ipconfig /all

Your PC's network IP will start with 192.168.1.X

X being anything from 1-255

Last edited by Mephusto on Sep 2, 2011, 10:20:57 PM
I tried the administrative rights method multiple times and nothing happened. I'll give the other two ideas a shot later when my roommates won't rage at me for messing with the router.
How comfortable are you with letting someone Remote access your PC using Teamviewer?
Idk which ports PoE uses for patching, but you can find this out by running the command:

NETSTAT -p tcp -ano

Look for Path of Exile's PID (Find the PID of PoE's client using Task Manager) You'll have to enable the PID column by clicking View > Select Columns in Task Manager

and the port will be after the IP.

For example:

192.168.1.1:8400

Just using that as an example.
Last edited by Mephusto on Sep 2, 2011, 10:27:56 PM
"
Mephusto wrote:
How comfortable are you with letting someone Remote access your PC using Teamviewer?

Not too comfortable with it to be honest. But I tried doing what you said to do and neither of them seem to work. At least the PID one isn't working.
There is no local listen port for patching - the patcher only connects out, so you should never have to forward a local port.

We have had a few reports now of people having issues with patching. We are continuing to investigate the cause, but so far the problem doesn't make a lot of sense. It is *possible* that some ISPs are blocking/filtering certain ports, we will update everyone as we find out more.
You tried hooking your connection directly to your PC? Have you tried installing PoE on another machine in the house to see if it's an OS related issue?
My friend has the same error. He played the game for once, closed it and couldnt launch it anymore. We tried to compare our files and his content has like 100mb less. He uninstaled the game and tried to instal but no success, since that error is showing again even during downloading the game. He tried to turn off firewall, restart pc and router.
Last edited by raincz on Sep 22, 2011, 5:14:02 PM
bump
The same happened to me,i cant play the game because it says or "connecting....unable to connect to patching server" or "checking for resources"....and not proceeding if it does come to the log-on page it just gets stuck when i log-in.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info