Unable to connect to patching server

*** WORKING SOLUTION ***

Here is more info....

In my Verizon FiOS Router under Firewall Settings there is a Remote Administration tab where I can control whether I "Allow Incoming WAN UDP Traceroute Queries" under Diagnostic Tools section. This is off by default. Enabling this fixes the problem.

Apparently the patch server needs to traceroute your IP now (perhaps this is a misconfigured patch server). I'm on East Coast US.
Nostrademous
Last edited by Nostrademous on Mar 26, 2013, 2:49:25 PM
i did not change or edit any file, disable any firewalls, or screw around with my wireless router lol... this work around fixed it for me... east coast canada

/e

i was having cant connect to patching server issue, and once i bypassed that could not connect to us server. doing what ive posted here resolved those issues for me and i am now able to login no problem.

/e

idk if this works for you guys or if anyone is still having trouble...

1. close your web browser.

2. open poe

3. connect to any server but your home server (america to euro vice versa)

4. log out of server

5. reconnect to home server

worked for me and im online playing now :D

hope it helps others!
"
Nostrademous wrote:
*** WORKING SOLUTION ***

Here is more info....

In my Verizon FiOS Router under Firewall Settings there is a Remote Administration tab where I can control whether I "Allow Incoming WAN UDP Traceroute Queries" under Diagnostic Tools section. This is off by default. Enabling this fixes the problem.

Apparently the patch server needs to traceroute your IP now (perhaps this is a misconfigured patch server). I'm on East Coast US.

there is nothing wrong with your routers, firewalls etc
if you try lot of times eventually you will login...
it is clearly GGG's fault and they must fix it asap....we tolerate enough shits INGAME
When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself
wasn't working for me...

closed IE
rebooted computer

All is now good.

cannot explain further.
Any update from GGG? Can't get my race points >.<
"
Sarp wrote:
Any update from GGG? Can't get my race points >.<

they introduced to the community another "hardcore" mechanic....

you cant' login ....

epic fail gg ggg
When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself
"
i did not change or edit any file, disable any firewalls, or screw around with my wireless router lol... this work around fixed it for me... east coast canada

/e

i was having cant connect to patching server issue, and once i bypassed that could not connect to us server. doing what ive posted here resolved those issues for me and i am now able to login no problem.

/e

2. open poe

4. log out of server

hope it helps others!

Problem with this is between step 2 & 3 is where we are getting the unable to connect to patch server issue. Therefore, you are dead in the water at step 2.5
"
killbilly wrote:
"
Nostrademous wrote:
*** WORKING SOLUTION ***

Here is more info....

there is nothing wrong with your routers, firewalls etc
if you try lot of times eventually you will login...
it is clearly GGG's fault and they must fix it asap....we tolerate enough shits INGAME

If there was a misconfigured patch server my theory would stand and what you state could still hold true. If you try a lot of times you might get redirected to a different patch server (perhaps due to load balancing) and then it would work. However, I was able to replicate the "unable to connect" scenario repeatedly by disabling that router option and re-enabling it. I did this test back and forth with random number of PoE connection attempts between switches and every time UDP traceroute queries were allowed it worked, all other times it did not.
Nostrademous
"
Raznark wrote:
"

/e

/e

2. open poe

4. log out of server

hope it helps others!

Problem with this is between step 2 & 3 is where we are getting the unable to connect to patch server issue. Therefore, you are dead in the water at step 2.5

if you close your web browser it should allow you to connect to the server, it did for me.

i had the same issue where i was unable to connect to patching server, i closed chrome on laptop and connected immediately to patching server and got into poe login screen. after that was unable to connect to america server until i connected to euro server logged out and logged back into america server
Couldn't connect me neither, i closed firefox then started the game and it worked; don't know what's up today.
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info