Unable to connect to patching server

"
Had the same issues (even posted in thread) but was able to use the fix posted here and got in OK.

Here is what I did, and hopefully what will work for all of you.

>Find client.exe in Windows Explorer or whatever. Create shortcut. Right click shortcut and go to properties. On the box labeled 'Target' add this to the end (after the quotations "):
Spoiler
--patching-server pathofexile.com:3724

That should allow you to open the game. I was unable to log into the US Server, so I selected Europe and I am currently in game :)

Works first try. Thanks.
"
IamIchy wrote:
Wasn't working for me for about 3 tries. Then launched as admin and it opened right up. Took a few tries of connecting to server to finally get to the character screen.

Launching as admin didn't make a difference. again as I said before, you did something random and it randomly worked at the same time, thus you think its the admin launch that worked.

You can stand on your head and jump around in circle and when it works you'll think that's what made it work.

It's a problem with the network.
Well, that's interesting.

I have the same "unable to connect to patch server" problem the whole day.
I just shutdown my firefox and start the game client. Its now loading and I just log into the game without problem.

The problem be related to browser?
"
Loliruri wrote:
Well, that's interesting.

I have the same "unable to connect to patch server" problem the whole day.
I just shutdown my firefox and start the game client. Its now loading and I just log into the game without problem.

The problem be related to browser?

I shut down firefox and was able to connect. Thanks.
well, this is happening to me as well now. I played last night until 3am CST without a problem. I just tried to login at noon CST and I am getting this error when trying to launch.

The only difference between then and now was 1 computer restart (turned it off when I went to bed)
I had this problem - I flushed my router and now it works
TFIGEGKTB
very weird, i have laptop + desktop....

if google chrome is open on laptop (nothing open on desktop) i cannot connect to patching server.

close chrome on laptop and poe loads fine on desktop, but still cannot connect to us server... teh fuck?
I keep getting the unable to connect to patch server error as well. :/ I want to play!
I have Verizon FiOS and I also got the "Unable to Connect to Patching Server". I logged into my router and changed the Firewall Settings from "Typical" to "Minimum" and it instantly solved my problem.

BELOW ARE THE DEFINITIONS OF THE THREE SETTINGS ON VERIZON FIOS ROUTERS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maximum Security (High)
Inbound Policy: Reject.
Remote Administration settings will override the security inbound policy.
Outbound Policy: Reject.
Outbound access is allowed to the following services: DHCP, DNS, IMAP, SMTP, POP3, HTTPS, HTTP, FTP, Telnet, Any.

Typical Security (Medium)
Inbound Policy: Reject.
Remote Administration settings will override the security inbound policy.
Outbound Policy: Accept.

Minimum Security (Low)
Inbound Policy: Accept.
Outbound Policy: Accept.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was playing just fine last night with no issues, but couldn't play today for some reason. Apparently something about the inbound traffic is getting rejected. I will try to investigate more as setting my router firewall at "minimum" should not be a valid solution (even though most people will be still protected just fine by their OS firewall).
Nostrademous
for god's sake fix the god damn game....
we face stupid grind mechanics
we face stupid grindfest end game
we face social hostile grouping
we are masochist and we still want to play the game
at least give us the option to do it....

man this game is sinking faster than a boat without bottom....
When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info