Kripparian Is Streaming PoE Again

"
pearljamming wrote:
This kid does nothing different from the next, I don't understand how so many of you people flock to him as an end all be all source of gaming information. It's not like he's playing a lot off different games either. Cynical Britt does a more original content and gets less recognition. But I guess that's how it goes these days. Being lazy pays off I guess.

You mention "bandwagon" in your next post. This quote feels like the regular "bandwagon" crap you get in a forum post about another person.
It's another persons view of the game. You don't have to copy it, but it might give you fresh ideas that you never thought of. Now why is this something to look down your nose at?

I for one look at many streams, and read many forum threads about this game. Many different views. Many different ideas. Isn't that what this game is about?
Don't be so closeminded.

Also, Cynical Britt is great. I watch everything he does. But there is a difference between a game reviewer and a guy who streams what he plays.
Typical Cynical Brit 'review'...

"Herp Ok folks let's play ANOTHER indie puzzle platformer with a single puzzle mechanic that I am going to suck at & get frustrated because I can't work out the most basic of game mechanics & will probably end up blaming the devs for not making more tooltip tutorials so morons like me don't have to think when we play...

Derp let's look at the graphics options...WHAT?! NO FOV SLIDER?! THIS GAME IS GARBAGE!

p.s. COD is easy & for idiots but every time I play I get wrecked"
"

"Herp Ok folks let's play ANOTHER indie puzzle platformer with a single puzzle mechanic that I am going to suck at & get frustrated because I can't work out the most basic of game mechanics & will probably end up blaming the devs for not making more tooltip tutorials so morons like me don't have to think when we play...

Derp let's look at the graphics options...WHAT?! NO FOV SLIDER?! THIS GAME IS GARBAGE!

Did he offend you or your family at any point? What's with the rage?
Oh my, people really get upset with anybody these days. I miss the old BBS age when you could talk like civilized human beings.

ps. FOV slider is important dammit!
"

Your post is so ... stupid (would say something more harsh but its not worth the ban) that's its not even funny.
Just wow.
Last edited by dualestl on Dec 4, 2012, 1:01:24 PM
"
dualestl wrote:
Your post is so ... stupid (would say something more harsh but its not worth the ban) that's its not even funny.
Just wow.

From his Youtube...

Fly'N, TB plays an indie puzzle platformer where he fails to grasp the simple mechanic of jumping & flipping the background eventually blaming the devs for not making it easier to understand.

COD Black Ops 2, TB plays a generic FPS where he first gives the options menus a good look before concluding that the multiplayer is easy & not worth much merit when it comes to competitiveness, all while getting his ass handed to him by low level players.

Primal Carnage, TB plays a Dinosaur FPS where he condemns the game for being unbalanced because the humans favor bunching up together in TDM when fighting much more individually OP dinos, blaming the devs for lack of mechanics when he doesn't understand the concept of the game & doesn't even try all the classes. Oh but he is happy to find that it does infact have a decent options screen with an FOV slider...and the graphics are nice.

Giana Sister, TB plays an Indie puzzle platformer that involves jumping & changing the background after first giving the options menu a good rundown.

Deadlight, TB plays an Indie puzzle platformer that involves jumping & using the background to hide in the shadows.

Pid, TB plays yet another Indie puzzle platformer...

This is in the last month, I rest my case.
Last edited by lethal_papercut on Dec 4, 2012, 1:24:02 PM
"
bla-bla-bla

Its because these are the some of latest games released which incidentally happen to fall in your category of "what he only does" (or at least you implied that) and since TB does first impressions on the latest games released what else did you expect him to make videos about? Ultima V? Half Life and its expansions?
Also i would be really curios to see your superior gaming skills when you are playing a game and commenting about what you are playing at the same time.

It seems to me like you are just really looking to flame and start a completely different argument just for sake of it.Well count me out of it.
Last edited by dualestl on Dec 4, 2012, 1:36:36 PM
This thread is about Kripparrian, not TotalBiscuit (aka Cynical Brit).

As I said, each of them take a different perspective. You can compare them, but you need to know they take a different approach.

Kripparrian actually plays the game hardcore, so you should watch Kripparrian if you seriously want to play the game, and excel as a player.

TotalBiscuit is giving introductory commentary to new games, so his commentary is peripheral. However, where he lacks depth, TotalBiscuit makes up in breath – ie. he covers many more games than Kripp. TB is good to watch if you want to buy xmas present for others. TB lets you know what you are buying, but does not teach you how to excel at the game.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/hrw55.gif[/img]
Kripparian is definitely a great streamer to watch, his views are informative and intelligent.

He has brought a huge amount of attention to this game and that alone is a great thing. Word of mouth is very important, it is one of the biggest if not "the" most important thing when trying to get more people playing the game, and every player who cares about the game should constantly be spreading the word and trying to let more people know about this amazing game :)
Yeah, regardless if whether you love or hate Kripparrian's personality, he is an incredibly intelligent player. Quite a big departure from most other streamers who tend to goof around.
[Hardcore league]
IGN: Jeria / Metalgrid
potato

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info