Undying Evangelist A few questions?

"
minigod123 wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

I dont wanna say the n word but i feel this is so op that its sure to get nerfed once people realize the bubbles power

Tested it on merci dominus. I do have 80resists, but:

Took ZERO damage from his projectiles
Took ZERO damage from his searing bond with some of totems outside the bubble
Took ZERO damage from his nuke hand of god...

I'm glad that GGG still show some love to summoner by made Evangelist after the massive aura nerf.

I know the bubble shield is OP but it won't make you immortal, I dead so many times just because my build are so squishy (i'm not geared), the bubble turn off while me and my undeads facing with other nuke monsters.

Oh and there still have a lot of more OP build around there (infinite freeze, non-stop life leech with high IIQ,IIR; auto cast...).
well Im not for nerf myself, Im just saying. also it doesnt have to be a summoner really...any ranged toon can pick up a raise spectre link it to incr dur and incr area and profit.
Last edited by grepman on Nov 7, 2013, 12:58:18 PM
"
Seelenernter wrote:

Btw... I cannot advise to use increased area... the moment I give it to evangelists they tend to only run into melee range and hitting things with their claws... no idea why... :S

what lvl/quality youre using on inc area ? I never had this happen, unless some leapers leap through engage them in melee.

basically melee is their achilles heel, but that is by design. and us being summoners, not many melee mobs can get through, usually
Try increased duration :)
"
grepman wrote:
"
mattc3303 wrote:
"
Im going to play around some more, but increased duration gem with quality, if Im thinking correctly, can provide some ridiculous uptime for the bubble.

Tell me if this works please xD. I didn't notice but that bubble could be a duration based spell.

Also concentrated effect will make the bubble smaller really decreasing the chance of something hitting you while standing in that small area.

Played around some more with them.

Incr duration works ! I only have a lvl 18 nonq gem and this makes them to have a reaaaly short downtime. I imagine a 20/20 incr. Duration will make it less than a second. The worse news is if you ever engage mobs on their downtime youll have target away or move for them to activate the bubble....or just kill the pack

I dont wanna say the n word but i feel this is so op that its sure to get nerfed once people realize the bubbles power

Tested it on merci dominus. I do have 80resists, but:

Took ZERO damage from his projectiles
Took ZERO damage from his searing bond with some of totems outside the bubble
Took ZERO damage from his nuke hand of god...

More notes:

I said fast cast is almost mandatory, I think I was completely wrong. Its nearly useless.

They still need leech, at least on 73+ maps

Size of the bubble optimal is closer to big than small. Small one desyncs a ton and cannot protect other spectres. But u don't want a crazy big one either.

My setup is biased toward else damage, so to me, 2 sentinels+1 evangelist setup is ideal. Still fast clears and some serious tankiness.

Hi, May i know how did you link them? both sentinels and evanelist, thank you.

BTW, I dont think 20/20 duration would help at all, since imo they need to wait for the bubble to go away before they can cast another one. With lvl 18 duration, i think the duration of the bubble is already longer than the CD.
Last edited by kongyuyu on Nov 13, 2013, 11:31:35 PM
I'm basically using just evangelists now, because the shield is just insane. I can confirm it makes you immune to storm herald as well as pietys lightning storms, ice spears and dominus attacks/spells.
I'm fairly confident it should you make immune to vaal rocks and lasers as well, but havent tested it yet...also waiting on a crematorium map to laugh in magaeras face as her firestorm will surely do no damage if its consistent with current mechanics

but my old sentinel setup was:

19/20 fire pen
20/20 life leech
18/20 minion damage
19 conc effect

all in an inverted 5L covenant (gems in it are supported by lvl 13 added chaos damage gem)

while waiting on 6L, the last gem would definitely would be fast cast. they melt stuff very fast (especially since I used arc with shock and EE), but also while decently tanky, evangelists murder them in survivability because of bubble

evangelist, same chest for chaos damage and

19 incr. duration
19 increased AOE
18/20 minion damage
18/20 added fire

I do not think duration affects the cooldown

in higher level maps, life leech might be needed. in physical reflect maps, most likely. basically the more dmg they deal, the more you need LL
Last edited by grepman on Nov 14, 2013, 12:36:45 AM
these guys are my favorite spectres now. might even do a short guide for those interested at some point if theres no nerf to the shield anytime soon.

did a Poorjoys map solo, I did one before the release and it was MUCH harder with sentinels. of course I had 1k less life but I also had higher max resists back then.

basically I lost only ONE evangelist the whole run, and honestly it was only because I got greedy and conserved portals and decided to run away from a sticky situation, leaving my evangelist behind :/

so let me recap again, only one of these guys died in poorjoys, towards the end of the map...WITH NO LIFE LEECH gem

I ran a inc duration+min damage+ remote mine + added fire setup for that map.

they are absolutely op right now. they make tough bosses so much easier its not even funny.
at this point the only boss that still gives me trouble is jungle valley, mostly because the spiders can really overwhelm.

one downside, or more annoying side is that their blast is slow, so mages and archers and those crazy corpse birds who run around are easily missed. so it can be annoying to pick them off especially if not using increased AOE support.
U can prettey nicely solve this problem with freeze mine (with increased AoE probably), plus u additionally support the cold damage the evangelists deal with hatred through the -15% coldres.
"
I'm fairly confident it should you make immune to vaal rocks and lasers as well, but havent tested it yet.

I did the map version of vaal in the lvl 74 map with evangelists. It was so easy lol. Just sat behind 2 evangelist bubbles summoning skeles and commanding my zombies to attack vaal.

I was finally able to do temple piety with them too =D.
Necronomicon: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617098
Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Summoner Dischord: https://discord.gg/XwWdSUa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhoukon
"
Seelenernter wrote:
U can prettey nicely solve this problem with freeze mine (with increased AoE probably), plus u additionally support the cold damage the evangelists deal with hatred through the -15% coldres.
thats pretty good ! unfortunately I dont use hatred because I can only run 3 real auras right now and vit, purity and grace are far more important than an offensive aura.

I think its more of an annoyance than anything since archers and birds cannot damage from outside the bubble anyway. I pick them off with arc and zombies clean up

also in poorjoys you really dont want cold damage because zombies die like flies and mages already blow mobs up, sometimes theres not enough corpses to raise zombies !

"

I did the map version of vaal in the lvl 74 map with evangelists. It was so easy lol. Just sat behind 2 evangelist bubbles summoning skeles and commanding my zombies to attack vaal.

I was finally able to do temple piety with them too =D.

so is this a confirmation of rocks/lazers dealing 0 damage against evangelist shield ? because I had double vaal map before with vuln and those rocks hit for a shitton with my crappy armor..dont really want to die from them thinking Im immune :D
I could of sworn I had a rock fall on me while I was under the bubble and the bubble was able to absorb the projectile. I know 100% the lightning cannon is absorbed.

Only long range skill that should be able to damage you are things like alchemist bombs or traps. Or lightning balls if the ball enters the bubble.
Necronomicon: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617098
Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Summoner Dischord: https://discord.gg/XwWdSUa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhoukon

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info